[Resurrected] Penn selling the club??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just pray that if it is for sale it ends in the right hands, someone who loves Manly as much as us and has the club in its best interests.
No one in their right mind would buy an NRL club as an investment - they just don't make money. Therefore it seems logical to me that the only potential buyers are likely to be those with an emotional attachment and willing to lose money on the deal.

What’s the Buzz

SHOOSH II

A CASHED-UP Sea Eagles fan is said to be in line to buy the NRL club. Manly owner Scott Penn has said the club is not for sale but word out of Brookvale is he’s considering the $10m-plus deal. The mystery buyer is believed to be a northern beaches identity who has a plan to invest heavily in junior football and wants to build a training facility and stadium.

Smh

Sea Eagles for sale

The Penn family are ready to sell the Sea Eagles and have been engaging in talks with interested parties. One big wheel around town has been in contact with former player agent Wayne Beavis to try to get him to negotiate a deal with the Penns. Another player agent is trying to get a consortium together.

However, we hear there are very real discussions going on already with a consortium – a legitimate group that is doing its best to get a deal done with minimal publicity.

631aa11618764c2127e3bd0628a0706cc7e8e585

Out of the country: Scott Penn has denied his family is trying to sell the Sea Eagles.CREDIT:AAP

Key figures at the Eagles know all about the talks, which have been going on for some time.

Insiders at the NRL say the Eagles are worth $12 million. We are not sure of the asking price.

We asked Scott Penn if his family was selling and he said no. Significantly, Penn was overseas and didn’t want to engage in a discussion. As we said a few weeks ago, Penn is establishing a base in New York as his personal and business circumstances change. In the end, the decision to sell the club may be made by others in the family.

The deal is not over the line from what we can gather, but the intent from all parties involved is genuine – from the agents to the money men to the Penns.

Smh

Sea Eagles for sale

The Penn family are ready to sell the Sea Eagles and have been engaging in talks with interested parties. One big wheel around town has been in contact with former player agent Wayne Beavis to try to get him to negotiate a deal with the Penns. Another player agent is trying to get a consortium together.

However, we hear there are very real discussions going on already with a consortium – a legitimate group that is doing its best to get a deal done with minimal publicity.

631aa11618764c2127e3bd0628a0706cc7e8e585

Out of the country: Scott Penn has denied his family is trying to sell the Sea Eagles.CREDIT:AAP

Key figures at the Eagles know all about the talks, which have been going on for some time.

Insiders at the NRL say the Eagles are worth $12 million. We are not sure of the asking price.

We asked Scott Penn if his family was selling and he said no. Significantly, Penn was overseas and didn’t want to engage in a discussion. As we said a few weeks ago, Penn is establishing a base in New York as his personal and business circumstances change. In the end, the decision to sell the club may be made by others in the family.

The deal is not over the line from what we can gather, but the intent from all parties involved is genuine – from the agents to the money men to the Penns.
What do the player agents have to do with it?

Give me the billion dollar Arabic consortium. Love for us to become the next Chelsea.

Brooky becomes the next State if the Art facility on their backs.

Hopefully Steggall can do what Abbott refused to do (and I heard that directly from the Arthurson's themselves), and get us some much more needed dollars, now that we are a marginal seat.

What do the player agents have to do with it?
They're just another consortium with money.

It also shows the power that they were allowed to accumulate.
The players are just pawns and this handfull of men are raking in the dough :nerd:

I don't feel that Penn will sell or if he does, that he would sell to a consortium.

However, should a player agent consortium succeed , our playing roster would rival that of the Rorters :D

Give me the billion dollar Arabic consortium. Love for us to become the next Chelsea.

Hopefully Steggall can do what Abbott refused to do (and I heard that directly from the Arthurson's themselves), and get us some much more needed dollars, now that we are a marginal seat.
Ummm, have a look at the margin. It's definitely not a marginal seat, she won in a landslide.

Ummm, have a look at the margin. It's definitely not a marginal seat, she won in a landslide.

It might not be close enough to be 'marginal' but it is not exactly 'safe' either.

Early days, but I would say it is very possible that Liberals win the seat back at the next election.

It might not be close enough to be 'marginal' but it is not exactly 'safe' either.

Early days, but I would say it is very possible that Liberals win the seat back at the next election.
She's a liberal by any other name.

An Arabic Consortium or alike would be a disaster, they would only be interested in the licence and there is no way they would stick at Brookie. We will become Perth Sea Eagles or second team in Brisbane or South Isle of NZ. Our only hope is someone like URM who are obviously big Manly supporters and have been keen to purchase in the past.

An Arabic Consortium or alike would be a disaster, they would only be interested in the licence and there is no way they would stick at Brookie. We will become Perth Sea Eagles or second team in Brisbane or South Isle of NZ. Our only hope is someone like URM who are obviously big Manly supporters and have been keen to purchase in the past.

I don't think so. That's a pessemistic way of looking at it. They are acquiring an asset that has measures in place to ensure that doesn't happen by the way.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8