Penn deserves some credit.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
I have to say the Penns do deserve a little bit of credit for putting their ego's aside for the good of the club. It would have been very hard for them (considering how bloody minded they have been with other decisions) to bury the hatchet with Des. This is a sign that they are prepared to do what is right for the club and I am prepared to give them some credit and enjoy the fact that they are doing what is right for the club.

I have to say the Penns do deserve a little bit of credit for putting their ego's aside for the good of the club. It would have been very hard for them (considering how bloody minded they have been with other decisions) to bury the hatchet with Des. This is a sign that they are prepared to do what is right for the club and I am prepared to give them some credit and enjoy the fact that they are doing what is right for the club.

Hear, hear. In the right direction.

Agree - kudos to Scott Penn and Lyall Gorman for firstly being proactive about membership communication and feedback, including holding the meeting two weeks ago, and then taking on board the broad view. I suspect their is a fair bit of trust-rebuilding to be done over time, but they are working together with Des and that's a start.

Congratulations to Lyall Gorman who has worked behind the scenes to facilitate change and Scott Penn for taking on board other opinions despite his ego and bringing Des Home, for putting up with a great deal of cr@p from some quarters that assume and preach the worst without fact just so they can Gossip, and now have to suck eggs as you show you do listen, you do act when it matters most and Manly will be Great again !!!

Just hope everyone realises a rebuild / reboot takes a few years. We were 2nd last. Can't turn that into a top 4 side overnight. I'm expecting say top 8 in 2 years.
We expect the same gradual climb Dessie gave us last time. The progressive journey up the table makes it all the sweeter when you win it all...

Just hope everyone realises a rebuild / reboot takes a few years. We were 2nd last. Can't turn that into a top 4 side overnight. I'm expecting say top 8 in 2 years.
Not trying to pick an argy mate, but I hope your practice what your preaching there.

No way...we want results and we want them NOW!!! In fact, I can't actually wait for the season to start, I think we need to see them play under Des in an exhibition game in, like, three or four days...

In reality you're probably right - but I do still think that the nucleus of a very good team is already there...we can score points despite not being very cohesive in attack, and with a few tweaks - like learning to defend - we'll be a reasonable force. I'm backing a slow start to next year, then we'll be charging home late, might sneak into the eight.

Bugger that Ryan .... I am on record as saying we would be top 8 next year regardless of who was coaching .... Dessie as coach and depending on what horse trading he can get done in the off season ... I am hoping for top 6 ....

I would normally agree but we thoroughly underperformed under Barrett with the squad we have. Dce, the turbos, api and the forwards we have, des can easily get us to the finals next season.

We should give Des a year or two to turn it around but even he said that we've got a good side there. Give Des a pre-season with the boys and they'll be in top 8 this year with a hard push for top 4 in the last 5 rounds of the year. With our squad (assuming no injuries), we really have the potential to be top 4 and I'm sure Des will be gunning for it this year, not the next.

Yes and no..........people certainly shouldn't be expecting miracles and then inevitably chuck tantrums when we lose a game or too. At the same time, despite a horrific year the bones of our squad are quite good and everything ran against us last year.

The NRL is so close that being ever so slightly off can see you rise and tumble quite quickly as evidenced but both Souths and the Cowboys this year.

Top 8 should definitely be the goal in 2019

We should give Des a year or two to turn it around but even he said that we've got a good side there. Give Des a pre-season with the boys and they'll be in top 8 this year with a hard push for top 4 in the last 5 rounds of the year. With our squad (assuming no injuries), we really have the potential to be top 4 and I'm sure Des will be gunning for it this year, not the next.

Paw, I don't think there is that much to turn around ... nothing fundamental or institutional anyway .... we had no 5/8, an injury/Myles toll that saw us with only 20 fit players for much of the season, and a salary cap drama that fukked us up the butt royally .......

Des should have all systems go by kick off .....

Agree 100% I have to admit he listened to the members forum (thanks also to Lyall I'm sure he was involved) and as an owner that's all you can ask. It is now up to the players to buy in or ship out. Coming from a critic thank you Mr Penn.

Congratulations to Lyall Gorman who has worked behind the scenes to facilitate change and Scott Penn for taking on board other opinions despite his ego and bringing Des Home, for putting up with a great deal of cr@p from some quarters that assume and preach the worst without fact just so they can Gossip, and now have to suck eggs as you show you do listen, you do act when it matters most and Manly will be Great again !!!
Double agree!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4