Penn deserves some credit.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just hope everyone realises a rebuild / reboot takes a few years. We were 2nd last. Can't turn that into a top 4 side overnight. I'm expecting say top 8 in 2 years.
Without even playing a game ....... I just feel like Manly is back again and the team that goes out in 2019 win, lose or draw will play like a Manly team.

Bugger that Ryan .... I am on record as saying we would be top 8 next year regardless of who was coaching .... Dessie as coach and depending on what horse trading he can get done in the off season ... I am hoping for top 6 ....

Would certainly arouse me ! Lookout whoever is sitting in the row in front of me in the Jane Try Stand...may NOT be a gun in my pocket ;)

Not trying to pick an argy mate, but I hope your practice what your preaching there.
Preaching eh.....
Didn't take long for religion to come into it.
Totally agree with this thread.
Penn has done exactly what we have been calling for and that is to listen.
Now he has.
And acted.
I think it coincides with two things.
One is that Gorman convinced him to do that and two is Zorba not being there.
Zorba didn't care for fans and members opinions and probably influenced him the same.
Well Lyall is here and Zorba isn't.
And now so is Dessie...
Go Manly.

Paw, I don't think there is that much to turn around ... nothing fundamental or institutional anyway .... we had no 5/8, an injury/Myles toll that saw us with only 20 fit players for much of the season, and a salary cap drama that fukked us up the butt royally .......

Des should have all systems go by kick off .....
Mate, I couldn't help but jump on the optimism here. It's like Christmas has come early on Silvertails after months of doom and gloom. Never a good place for logic.

Excellent work by Lyall, and Penn.

Hopefully this change in attitude can continue, and Penn will let Lyall do his job and get the joint rocking again.

Just hope everyone realises a rebuild / reboot takes a few years. We were 2nd last. Can't turn that into a top 4 side overnight. I'm expecting say top 8 in 2 years.
Even though there was a plethora of negativity over the clubs performances of late, we are still in a far better shape as a squad than back in 2004.

Des hit the market each season to build the 2000's side around quality players, but with the likes of DCE, Turbos x2, Taupau, Koroisau, Walker and Sironen already in place, I feel he already has a two year start on establishing the list he would like, compared to back then.

Top 8 is the minimum I'd expect from a fit squad, with a run into the second week of finals hardly a stretch to imagine.

Definitely agree that we should be aiming for top 8 next year especially if injuries are kept to a minimum

If we can improve our defence structure so that we don’t turn it cold when we build up a lead we should be very competitive next year with a big improvement in 2020 when all the salary cap crap is gone and we can buy some new players

Well done to all in getting this first step happening

Great result today but I think the Penn canonisation (you all seem to like a religious bent) is a touch extreme.
He has an investment that was tanking in the most serious way. Radical action was needed and taken.
And, of course, it would be very good PR at a time of membership renewal to say the fans were the great influence.
Follow the money.
If he wants ROI or even to sell, the club needed something big.
We're still in the woods re the Barrett mess and funding a decent number of support staff. Heading very much in the right direction but much more to do to right the previous Penn stuffups.
Sorry for the realism.
And welcome back Des.

Over here in NZ, Manly are paying $26 for the premiership. No team has worse odds.... definitely tempting!
26 kiwi rupies? That's worth a dabble Blake.
The way I see it, I look back to 2017 and a side that should have been top 4 but crumbled from rnd 26.
The loss off Blake Green hampered us, but the addition of Thompson and Elgey should hopefully see us a better side than 2017 under Des.

Wasn't it Penn's fault he left in the first place?
I believe sometimes things are only a mistake if you don’t learn from it. On this occasion they could have been closed minded and flat out said no to Des considering what transpired in 2011 and probably could have justified that decision. Thankfully they chose to work things out with Des and I believe made a good decision for the club. That shows me he is trying to do the right thing for the club. Onwards and upwards.

I have to say the Penns do deserve a little bit of credit for putting their ego's aside for the good of the club. It would have been very hard for them (considering how bloody minded they have been with other decisions) to bury the hatchet with Des. This is a sign that they are prepared to do what is right for the club and I am prepared to give them some credit and enjoy the fact that they are doing what is right for the club.
Great post! I especially liked his comments re the supporters meeting.

In this current climate things change very quickly mate, take this season for example, Warriors weren't rated by anyone and have an average coach, and jumped from bottom to 1 win off the top 4

That 15th can also change very quickly when you consider we were ripped of in 2 games with forward passes, and there were 4/5 other losses by 6 points or less, grab a few of them and all of a sudden you're pretty close to the top 8

C
Great result today but I think the Penn canonisation (you all seem to like a religious bent) is a touch extreme.
He has an investment that was tanking in the most serious way. Radical action was needed and taken.
And, of course, it would be very good PR at a time of membership renewal to say the fans were the great influence.
Follow the money.
If he wants ROI or even to sell, the club needed something big.
We're still in the woods re the Barrett mess and funding a decent number of support staff. Heading very much in the right direction but much more to do to right the previous Penn stuffups.
Sorry for the realism.
And welcome back Des.
Completely agree, it was born out of self interest, and I did say “A little bit of credit” but trust me there is plenty of pig headed stubborn rich blokes out there that if they were put in the same position would not have resolved their issues with Des.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4