10 M.Taupau 0 0 0 0 2 2 33 3/0 10 0 8/64m 0/0m 10/85m 1 0
11 J.Thompson 0 0 0 1 4 1 26 1/1 15 0 9/90m 0/0m 12/115m 2 1
12 C.Sironen 0 0 0 0 1 0 26 6/0 9 0 5/49m 1/13m 8/86m 0 0
13 J.Trbojevic 0 0 1 0 0 1 49 1/2 23 0 11/94m 0/0m 11/94m 0 0
14 L.Croker 0 0 0 0 1 1 12 0/0 28 2 1/9m 0/0m 3/21m 0 0
15 C.Waddell 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 0/1 5 0 2/25m 0/0m 5/51m 0 0
16 S.Keppie 0 0 0 0 1 1 25 3/1 5 0 5/49m 0/0m 5/49m 0 0
17 T.Paseka 0 0 0 0 1 0 13 2/1 7 0 4/46m 0/0m 7/81m 0 0
Mate give it up! You’re not an expert! You have no idea about physics! People who know a $hitload more than you about rugby league & have experienced real time rugby league have agreed the pass went backwards after Trbo released the ball & it’s clear as daylight. Unfortunately your physics argument is incorrect!
You are missing the point, i am taking a linesman directly in line with the play over a subjective call of "hands pointing back/physics explains it all" view point.

The physics and hands pointing back argument holds up "more so" when the passer of the ball is running straight in open space and trying to deliver a pass without breaking stride.

I'm not ignoring the laws of physics i just feel it is applied overly so, to the point of every pass with forward momentum is allowed up to 1mtr of forward momentum---it is ridiculous.

Despite the fact that the video ref can't rule on forward passes, DCE should have called a captains challenge and used some excuse like it came of an Eels defender. At least it would have made Cummins and the touchie have to stand there and watch it again on the big screen before having to again confirm their 'forward pass' call despite now knowing from the replay that they have just butchered the result of the game.

You are missing the point, i am taking a linesman directly in line with the play over a subjective call of "hands pointing back/physics explains it all" view point.

The physics and hands pointing back argument holds up "more so" when the passer of the ball is running straight in open space and trying to deliver a pass without breaking stride.

I'm not ignoring the laws of physics i just feel it is applied overly so, to the point of every pass with forward momentum is allowed up to 1mtr of forward momentum---it is ridiculous.

Dude, you are just flat out wrong and carrying on with an indefensible argument shows how egotistical you are.
The linesman made a mistake, and you know it.

If a player moving at 5kph throws a pass that travels for 1 second the ball will move forward 1.4m with momentum.

That is a cast iron fact!

Tom was definitely moving at more than 5kph when he passed the ball and the ball moved forward no more than 1.4m, probably less.

As another poster said "you are looking like a goose".

Last edited:
Blech

Is it really necessary to become a ref, rise through the ranks, get to the top just to go: "right, now I can take revenge on the teams I don't like" ?

Screw you Cummings. Why do you need to be so blatantly biased?
I hate it when we kick off first as there's always a penalty or 5 to start off with. Now it's six agains blown until the whistle breaks.

Amazing how all the time Manly were holding down but amazingly every time we couldn't get up to play the ball, we were 'milking'.

I heard Cummings yell at afb to release while he was still falling to the ground!
Taupau released Moses who then dived to get the games first two point penalty.

One tackle when we were on our own line, parra pushed Garrick to the ground when he tried to play the ball and cummings yelled out 'milking' - what the actual ****?

Then another play Manly had two parra slimes up under his arms so he couldn't even bend over to play the ball and cummings yelled out angrily... "play it!"

What a total stitch up.

And how about that touchie... wow. Where's he from, who does he support? It's ridiculous that every time a passer gets stopped in his tracks, officials call the ball forward, but if Tom somehow kept running, the pass is the same but he stays in front of the passed ball and cheats don't call it forward. They've been doing this like bart grabbing the electric cupcake for years. It's so indescribably stupid and amateurish.

Getting sick of Annersley coming out and saying it was a mistake. It gets us nothing and we are still 2-2.

It's just hard to accept that this game- that still is only a blip on the world radar- still felt the need to fill itself with total tosspots who weren't loved by their parents, shunned at school, and only skill in life seems to be to carry a whistle to fulfill their wish to be important.

That was a dreadfully officiated game, Des is right to go to Sutton, and sfa will come out of it.

Now after a game where Parra had something like 3-4 extra days of rest, we now have a quick turn around before we face the broncos. fmd. We are allowed to win aren't we? That still an option? Ghost of todd firmly in V'landy?

PS: Practice kicking garrick.

PPS: I agree with @Moondog If Annersley said they got it wrong, and it was the final play and everyone kept playing until the whistle.... then Garrick got over and we should get the two points. *

* Holding breath until this happens not recommended

Last edited:

This is an honest question. Do you support Parramatta?

Blech

Is it really necessary to become a ref, rise through the ranks, get to the top just to go: "right, now I can take revenge on the teams I don't like" ?

I hate it when we kick off first as there's always a penalty or 5 to start off with. Now it's six agains blown until the whistle breaks.

Amazing how all the time Manly were holding down but amazingly every time we couldn't get up to play the ball, we were 'milking'.

I heard Cummings yell at afb to release while he was still falling to the ground!

One tackle when we were on our own line, parra pushed Garrick to the ground when he tried to play the ball and cummings yelled out 'milking' - what the actual ****?

Then another play Manly had two parra slimes up under his arms so he couldn't even bend over to play the ball and cummings yelled out angrily... "play it!"

What a total stitch up.

And how about that touchie... wow. Where's he from, who does he support? It's ridiculous that every time a passer gets stopped in his tracks, officials call the ball forward, but if Tom somehow kept running, the pass is the same but he stays in front of the passed ball and cheats don't call it forward. They've been doing this like bart grabbing the electric cupcake for years. It's so indescribably stupid and amateurish.

Getting sick of Annersley coming out and saying it was a mistake. It gets us nothing and we are still 2-2.

It's just hard to accept that this game- that still is only a blip on the world radar- still felt the need to fill itself with total tosspots who weren't loved by their parents, shunned at school, and only skill in life seems to be to carry a whistle to fulfill their wish to be important.

That was a dreadfully officiated game, Des is right to go to Sutton, and sfa will come out of it.

Now after a game where Parra had something like 3-4 extra days of rest, we now have a quick turn around before we face the broncos. fmd. We are allowed to win aren't we? That still an option? Ghost of todd firmly in V'landy?

PPS: I agree with @Moondog If Annersley said they got it wrong, and it was the final play and everyone kept playing until the whistle.... then Garrick got over and we should get the two points. *

It was poor, Dez kind of alluded to that in the presser. Also thought Evans knocked on and Tom's pass went back before hitting Parra player on half way just before half time. Call goes to Parra and they score off next set.

Oh well, long season to go yet. I just hope we have some luck with injuries cause if we stay fit we"LL be playing finals

Blech

What a total stitch up.

Why is that grub on the wing still playing. Did he get cleared or was it swept under the carpet like everything else they do is. I like how the squeel supporters are saying ,what a great win. Dont forget you knobs, you were leading 18-2 and only won because of a controversial call. I dont see anything threatening with this mob. They will fall over again when it counts

Have the nrl given us the two points yet? Legitimately scored so....

And yes, why is that parra winger playing?

Have the nrl given us the two points yet? Legitimately scored so....

And yes, why is that parra winger playing?

Court decision in Fiji not expected until later in the year, but NRL didn't suspend him and are allowing him to play in the meantime.

Tough loss and especially disappointing considering how well Manly fought their way back into the match and on the wrong side of possession and ref calls for much of the time . Eels are a good and athletic side. but when Manly finally got into a more settled rhythm , they more then matched them . Thought that Croker did well in his stint and does seem to be a fair bit of improvement in the side still to come . Bad decision and just hope that it does not cost Manly a higher finishing position at the end of the season .

Hahaha... that's a p"ss poor attempt at justification... I agree it is forward BUT it is NOT forward in accordance with the current rules... you are wrong bud and even the NRL can see it (which is HIGHLY unusual)...

TC is in too deep to admit he is wrong a bit like the Fonz in happy days. My take is that he always likes to take the alternative view to everyone else to spike the argument.

This is an honest question. Do you support Parramatta?
Parra clap clap clap, Parra clap clap clap, i must be if i know the very hard to learn original chant.

I also used to "Kick on at Kicks nightclub" dollar drinks till 10pm with my Parra gear to impress the local women.

Any more proof required just holla.

Dude, you are just flat out wrong and carrying on with an indefensible argument shows how egotistical you are.
The linesman made a mistake, and you know it.

If a player moving at 5kph throws a pass that travels for 1 second the ball will move forward 1.4m with momentum.

That is a cast iron fact!

Tom was definitely moving at more than 5kph when he passed the ball and the ball moved forward no more than 1.4m, probably less.

As another poster said "you are looking like a goose".
If that is the case all passes would look as forward as this pass.

You are forgetting to take into account the speed of the pass which will determine the amount of forward momentum it will have.(if the pass is delivered backwards at a higher speed than the passer is running at this also changes things)

In fairness to Tom last night the pass is probably travelling slower than his running speed which does benefit your argument i feel.

Once again i am not debating physics and momentum i am aware of most of the basics in this area, i am arguing we are applying too much physics to every single line ball pass to justify it went backwards out of the hand and forward after.

The lines-man was right in line, let's just back their judgment over poor tv angles that change the perspective.

The IRB have a video that shows almost 2mtrs of forward momentum of a pass, over a greater distance at equal to or more running speed, with both players running parallel to each other.(this is a perfect case scenario and best illustrates the example i gave earlier of players running at pace in the clear and passing)

TC is in too deep to admit he is wrong a bit like the Fonz in happy days. My take is that he always likes to take the alternative view to everyone else to spike the argument.
No just sick of linesman being picked on and getting a raw deal in this area, pure and simple.

If the linesman was not in line with the play i would have no issue of the linesman taking the momentum element as his ruling method of choice.

If that is the case all passes would look as forward as this pass.

You are forgetting to take into account the speed of the pass which will determine the amount of forward momentum it will have.(if the pass is delivered backwards at a higher speed than the passer is running at this also changes things)

In fairness to Tom last night the pass is probably travelling slower than his running speed which does benefit your argument i feel.

Once again i am not debating physics and momentum i am aware of most of the basics in this area, i am arguing we are applying too much physics to every single line ball pass to justify it went backwards out of the hand and forward after.

The lines-man was right in line, let's just back their judgment over poor tv angles that change the perspective.

The IRB have a video that shows almost 2mtrs of forward momentum of a pass, over a greater distance at equal to or more running speed, with both players running parallel to each other.(this is a perfect case scenario and best illustrates the example i gave earlier of players running at pace in the clear and passing)
TC I don't agree with you at all, like most or all others. I also don't think that the NRL statement that it was an incorrect call was a political decison to quit things down, which you suggested (particularly since Annesley has also come out and said he is at least open to using the video ref as a result of this call).

You are entitled to your opinion though, and you have been polite in all your (many) responses.

You can be sick of it as you like, doesn't make the call any less incorrect.

The ball was thrown backwards, it's clear as day for everyone including those in charge of the sport but not you.

I'll agree to one thing you are right,in that you have an opinion, unfortunately your opinion does not amount to fact. The fact is that was a legal and backward pass and the touch judge made the wrong call.

In any other part of the game that's fine, it happens but it directly impacted our chance to win the game and thus due to the effect the linesman is rightly being criticised. He made 1 call all game and that was wrong that's a 100% incorrect call percentage and surely falls short of the kpi

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2