Parramatta Eels salary cap: Club waiting on outcome of Anthony Watmough contract issue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well I have to go to the doctor when I get back from work next week, so it might be my knee. If so its the right one

Elle Watmough just on 7 News saying that Choc's not happy about his forced retirement.:rolleyes:

Got to feel for Peats, he us being shopped around but wants to stay till his contract finishes this year.
Apparently, Parra took back a Sponsor's car from him last year to clear last year's Cap issues :confused:

Elle Watmough just on 7 News saying that Choc's not happy about his forced retirement.:rolleyes:

Got to feel for Peats, he us being shopped around but wants to stay till his contract finishes this year.
Apparently, Parra took back a Sponsor's car from him last year to clear last year's Cap issues :confused:
No wonder he's got a hurty knee. Long walk to parra from narabeen.

Thanks for the response Peter,

I cant picture any insurance co willingly handing out a couple of mil. The company will most certainly fight If somebody asserts that his injury was "new". They will be trying to prove that it is "old". It could take YEARS!
True, and it could take years in court, however the matter will be between Parra and the insurer, Parra is still obligated under the existing contract to pay Watmaugh out.

I said last week in a post that choc should be very upset if he is forced into retirement and ask Arthur for a massive please explain. I didn't buy choc's interview on Friday. If he wanted to retire he would have done it three months ago. This is not sharp or Boulos. This is on BA's head. He signed choc for 4 years with full knowledge of his knee problems.

As far as Peats goes, if the Eels are going to get under the cap by Friday night, he would have to be released, a new club would have to agree to terms with him and the NRL would have to register it. In 3 days. Likely or not? Because if not, the Eels now have to win 12/14.

As far as Peats goes, if the Eels are going to get under the cap by Friday night, he would have to be released, a new club would have to agree to terms with him and the NRL would have to register it. In 3 days. Likely or not? Because if not, the Eels now have to win 12/14.
Plus the cooling off period. Peats could change his mind in the 13 th hour.

Trouble is, the NRL seem to be bending over backwards to accommodate Parra, look at the sham around Watmaugh's contract

Trouble is, the NRL seem to be bending over backwards to accommodate Parra, look at the sham around Watmaugh's contract

Peter, they don't seem to be, Greenturd has actually stated that the NRL will do everything in their power to assist Parra, be compliant.

So can't be this car then as he got this one 8 weeks ago (according to his Instagram post)!!!

Capture.JPG

So can't be this car then as he got this one 8 weeks ago (according to his Instagram post)!!!

View attachment 3639
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/38f6342808c591361813751c242acd6d

Peats was the one who was asked to return a car.
Now he is asked to piss of quick:cool:

Other (ex)Parra Players are starting to rumble at his treatment >:)

Darcy Lussick ‏@D_LUSSICK 20h20 hours ago
Puts body on the the line every week, plays with broken neck for 60 minutes for the team.. Rewarded with tap on the shoulder. Makes sense.

Last edited:
I wonder if that car was part of a TPA? Can you get a new car if you are unable to play and should retire..?
How is Choc's knee able to safely press the break pedal ?:wondering:

Well at least the Gang of Five have pissed off the NRL enough for them to refuse to backdate Choc's retirement.:p

The fact Peats is off contract with the Eels at the end of the season is the reason he was identified as the player to be squeezed out after the NRL refused to back date Anthony Watmough's retirement to cover the full $570,000 they need to reduce from their salary cap before the club can begin playing for competition points.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...icial-lamb-20160510-gors3l.html#ixzz48JmMg5NJ
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8