Parramatta Eels salary cap: Club waiting on outcome of Anthony Watmough contract issue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oops sorry. When I saw the word Choc and car in the same post I was reminded of Choc's instagram post of him grinning as he was driving off in his new car (which I would assume came from a sponsor).
This is what Sandow did to his TPA car :D
1431415015323.jpg

Though it wont happen, I think the other clubs should have the right to see how Parra got salary cap compliant as requested.

The cheating club has continuously be caught out after repeatedly saying they were cap compliant so why should anyone believe they are now?

Seems premature to rule them back in for points when the watmough saga hasn't been sorted but man oh man...have the nrl done parra a solid by basically making any effect of their penalties disappear.

Has any 'legit' journo asked why the for and against for the cheats remained?

Peats should not have had to go. Whoever was the signing that took them over the cap should be the player to go. As well as any signings they made since.

Jennings was last on, bet the Titans would love to have picked up him!!

But I agree they should have been made to discard the players they added to put them
over.

Actually it really does suck. He doesn't deserve this crap - he sees them through the bad times, is in good form, so they tap him. He has to up and move his family to QLD in a matter of days and play in front of 5 fans each week.

People say he could have dug his heels in, but when you are part of a team and you know you stand between the team playing for points and possibly making the finals v the season being over - it's a tough situation to be put in.

He has handled himself well, unlike the Parra brains trust.

Actually it really does suck. He doesn't deserve this crap - he sees them through the bad times, is in good form, so they tap him. He has to up and move his family to QLD in a matter of days and play in front of 5 fans each week.

People say he could have dug his heels in, but when you are part of a team and you know you stand between the team playing for points and possibly making the finals v the season being over - it's a tough situation to be put in.

He has handled himself well, unlike the Parra brains trust.

I'd say Parra have got pretty lucky, in that Peats has family already on the Gold Coast - which probably also influenced his decision to take the Tits offer, and not dig his heels in. Probably means he will have some help available to find a home for his family quickly, and somewhere to stay in the meantime, which many players wouldn't have.

Agree that it should have been 'last in, first out', but apart from everything else, I doubt Jennings would have willingly gone to the GC. I suspect part of his decision to sign with Parra in the first place (brown paper bags notwithstanding) is the fact that he's recently married and lives in western Sydney near his close-knit family, with kids probably on the radar in the near future. Doubt he'd leave that set-up without a fight.

Peats has probably ended up the fall guy partly because he'd be one of the easiest to convince, when the Tits were one of very few options.

Since Greenturd first became Chief of Football Operations at the NRL and now is their CEO.....

Any scandal that came out of his old club (Bulldogs) was basically swept under the carpet (see Ben Barba). Convenient given that they all happened at the time that the bald headed a-hole was at the Dogs.

He threatens Manly with continuing fines and loss of NRL competition points because we appointed John Hopoate as our SG Ball coach. Either sack him or pay the penalty we were told.

Just about the only thing (other than losing Peats who has conveniently been shifted to an NRL owned club) that the Speels lose is the 12 points. The softer than melted butter stance on this by the NRL means the Speels have basically gotten away with blatant salary cap cheating with little more than a slap on the wrist.

Rules for some and rules for others it would appear and I'm highly inclined to believe that most of it is commercial based. The NRL believe that they can't do without the Speels fan support in western Sydney while Nein have invested in them being on FTA television. Based on the evidence you can bet that if it were Manly rorting the salary cap like doesn't-matta have we'd have been crucified as much as Melbourne were.

Last edited:
Though it wont happen, I think the other clubs should have the right to see how Parra got salary cap compliant as requested.

The cheating club has continuously be caught out after repeatedly saying they were cap compliant so why should anyone believe they are now?

Seems premature to rule them back in for points when the watmough saga hasn't been sorted but man oh man...have the nrl done parra a solid by basically making any effect of their penalties disappear.

Has any 'legit' journo asked why the for and against for the cheats remained?
Find me a legit journo, they're like politicians they have no independent thought only company policy !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8