Parramatta Eels salary cap: Club waiting on outcome of Anthony Watmough contract issue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fingers crossed Bloomfield does a manly payback and says that Watmough's injury is not a new one and they cannot pay him outside the salary cap Karma

Bloomfield should be confirming (not just saying) that the injury is an old ongoing injury. However I would think parra leagues are currently stuffing yet another brown paper bag and Dr Bloomfield can spend the next few weeks counting the contents, after he has stated in his opinion the injury is a new one

Think about this.

Watnow is guaranteed about another $400k this year and what we believe is another $1.6 Million over the next two years.

Lol@parra indeed!!
OK if that $400,000 can be reduced from this years books (actually think it is $375,000 but that is a 4th hand rumour) they then have to bring someone else into the top 25. I can't say exactly but think it is $150,000 a season minimum.

OH the messiness of it all. Even the most competent Board/management would grapple with this in 2 months let alone a week!

OK if that $400,000 can be reduced from this years books (actually think it is $375,000 but that is a 4th hand rumour) they then have to bring someone else into the top 25. I can't say exactly but think it is $150,000 a season minimum.

OH the messiness of it all. Even the most competent Board/management would grapple with this in 2 months let alone a week!
They need GI to work out the math :call:
-570 + (3 * Choc) - Paper Bag of Cash = (12/15) * 2 points :drunk:

Parramatta Eels director Paul Garrard slams NRL, confirms club push to retire Anthony Watmough

A PARRAMATTA director has slammed the NRL’s handling of the club’s salary cap scandal, while confirming Anthony Watmough holds the key to the club’s compliance in time for the Eels to play for points against the Rabbitohs next Friday.

Parramatta’s Lord Mayor, Paul Garrard, who is one of the Eels directors who has not been handed a show cause notice, has broken the board’s silence on the rort, lashing out at the NRL’s handling of the case.

“What is the system? I haven’t seen any system there,” Garrard told the Parramatta Sun.

“The way they’ve handled it is a kick in the guts to the fans, the players and the sponsors.”

Garrard accused previous administrators of creating the salary cap mess, arguing the current directors were “very conscious of the salary cap”.

“Ironically it was people who disgraced the club in their time here who have given evidence (to the NRL).

“The people involved in this nonsense are clearly not with the club anymore, and they’ve got a lot to answer for.”

The director also confirmed the club was attempting to push for the retirement of injured veteran Watmough in an effort to get under the cap.

“A dialogue will be created between the NRL (and the club) — and it will need to happen smartly — to enable the Anthony Watmough issue and the salary cap issue to be addressed prior to tomorrow week and to get that team on the field,” he said.

Garrard, who joined the remainder of chairman Peter Sharp’s board last year, also said the injunction successfully sought by Sharp and four fellow officials against the NRL was vital to the organisation of the club.

“The board was left exposed. We have 100 employees needing direction every day,” Garrard said.

“This will give us time to get appropriate personnel in to run the club, get a team on the field, and analyse the documents provided to us.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...h/news-story/2f1f87c3d1e2d035fc085e45c3161eb8

I thought it was $80k, not $150k (minimum 1st tier)

You are right.

So basic maths

Eels need to clear $570k
Watmough is on an estimated $750k/annum, of which we are 6 months through roughly i.e. $375k
Player would need to be promoted into top 25 at min of $80k i.e $40k for 6 months

Therefore $570k - $375k + $40k = $235k still left to clear.

So Parra would still need to find a player or players that total annual salary of at least $500k. But again, anyone they shed needs to be replaced by another minimum player at $40k for the remaining 6 months which bumps that required amount up.

Wow. Parra really are a basket case. One of the board members not going it still slamming the nrl.

The sense of entitlement is amazing.

Should of had the crap belted out of them like the storm and dogs. Thy cheated and lies about it !!!

He's a politician so everything he said is true.

He's just playing to his local electorate, look at me, I'm squeaky clean and sticking up for your footy team, vote for me again.

Wow. Parra really are a basket case. One of the board members not going it still slamming the nrl.

The sense of entitlement is amazing.

Should of had the crap belted out of them like the storm and dogs. Thy cheated and lies about it !!!

That would be at least a $100k fine for us.
If lobster head got fined $40k for criticising the refs, you would expect this to be fined also, but I am sure nothing will get said.

This is just becoming more and more of an embarrassment by the minute and showing everyone that parra have no regard or respect for the nrl

That would be at least a $100k fine for us.
If lobster head got fined $40k for criticising the refs, you would expect this to be fined also, but I am sure nothing will get said.

This is just becoming more and more of an embarrassment by the minute and showing everyone that parra have no regard or respect for the nrl
Now now, we can't go on upsetting Parra's supporter base , they're an integral part of the NRL, as the golden west is vital against the likes of the Wanderers and GWS Giants, unlike Manly's supporter base which no one gives a stuff about.

@brentread_7
Breaking: Parramatta has officially tabled an application with the NRL relating to Anthony Watmough and career-ending injury.

Clearly Bloomfield has his paper bag, and Bochox will get his 1.6 Million plus 400k for doing diddly squat other than rescuing the Squeals from their cap drama.

Oh what a wicked web is being weaved !

It's just a request, the Doctor has to pass him, then the NRL Salary Cap person has to check it.

Funny isn't it, they are hoping and praying for it to happen and we are the direct opposite!!

Do your job properly Bloomfield or we will burn you at the stake as well!!

Doesn't the nrl run their own insurance company.? Could be right , we never hear who the insurance company is . You would think it would be leaked somewhere. Odd.

Doesn't the nrl run their own insurance company.? Could be right , we never hear who the insurance company is . You would think it would be leaked somewhere. Odd.
Doubt it, it's one of the most risky type of business.

See Lord of London or QBE - acts of God or high risk taking people can wipe them out overnight

You are right.

So basic maths

Eels need to clear $570k
Watmough is on an estimated $750k/annum, of which we are 6 months through roughly i.e. $375k
Player would need to be promoted into top 25 at min of $80k i.e $40k for 6 months

Therefore $570k - $375k + $40k = $235k still left to clear.

So Parra would still need to find a player or players that total annual salary of at least $500k. But again, anyone they shed needs to be replaced by another minimum player at $40k for the remaining 6 months which bumps that required amount up.
It just gets better and better

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7