Parramatta Eels salary cap: Club waiting on outcome of Anthony Watmough contract issue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought Greenslime would use yesterday to have his " Gallop moment" , it appears that apart from the 12 points it's all smoke and mirrors.

They'll rubber stamp Watnow's retirement , from February ( so they'll be shedding $950k from their cap), and won't lose anyone else.

They'll retain their F/A, and have a massive run to make the finals , they boys at Chan Nein would be sitting in the back room giving themselves a tonk in happiness at Uncle Toddy's plan.

Winners all round wouldn't you say ,get to keep all their players, $750k fine ( 6 days profits from their pokies), I'm surprised the Eels fans are pissed.

Only fly in the ointment are the directors who won't resign, easy call a special general meeting and roll them.

Problem solvered , back to trying to win 12/15 games.

HOW IS IT FAIR WE RETAIN OUR NEGATIVE POINTS DIFFERENTIAL OBTAINED FROM LOSING TO A CHEATING TEAM?!

Agree Crusher.

The winning results and scores should be reversed. Our F/A should represent a 22-10 win over the Cheats improving our situation by +24.

If the worms are allowed to get away with this re Whatmouth it would rank as another example of the void that we have in relation to leadership right at the top. Greenturd and his pals are desparate for the worms to make the 8. If they do it will be a stain on this season. By not sanctioning them to be banned from the finals they have set a precedent for any club who wishes to cheat. You stuffed up Greenturd!!

Mate the only semi parra will see this year will be the one they have on the wing and btw lol@parra talk about dumb and dumber running the show, they cheat and all they can come up with is a nuffie nines comp.

http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...salary-cap/1x9ntfejdegol1poq6ztcbsm2j/slide/1

Shellshocked Parramatta are considering a radical move to give star winger Semi Radradra a 12 month leave of absence to play rugby union in a bid to resolve their salary cap woes.

The Eels need to shed $570,000 in wages to be able to play for points in their next match against Souths in nine days.

Much will depend on whether the Eels can retire Anthony Watmough, who is on $750,000 a year and is effectively finished due to a knee injury.

But Watmough’s situation is complicated by insurance issues, with his insurer certain to claim Watmough’s knee injury was a pre-existing condition from his Manly days.

Despite the denials, Radradra and his management aren’t happy with the Eels - they believe the cult hero flanker is under-paid and owed third party deals.

French rugby has made the big Test winger a massive offer - and the Eels are now thinking of letting him take it for 12 months.

“They are throwing big money at him and he naturally wants to take it,” an Eels insider tells me.

“Realistically we won’t make the finals this year so we may let him go over there, take the money and get it out of his system.

“It would help the salary cap situation and he would come back to us midway through next season.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...salary-cap/1x9ntfejdegol1poq6ztcbsm2j/slide/1

Shellshocked Parramatta are considering a radical move to give star winger Semi Radradra a 12 month leave of absence to play rugby union in a bid to resolve their salary cap woes.

The Eels need to shed $570,000 in wages to be able to play for points in their next match against Souths in nine days.

Much will depend on whether the Eels can retire Anthony Watmough, who is on $750,000 a year and is effectively finished due to a knee injury.

But Watmough’s situation is complicated by insurance issues, with his insurer certain to claim Watmough’s knee injury was a pre-existing condition from his Manly days.

Despite the denials, Radradra and his management aren’t happy with the Eels - they believe the cult hero flanker is under-paid and owed third party deals.

French rugby has made the big Test winger a massive offer - and the Eels are now thinking of letting him take it for 12 months.

“They are throwing big money at him and he naturally wants to take it,” an Eels insider tells me.

“Realistically we won’t make the finals this year so we may let him go over there, take the money and get it out of his system.

“It would help the salary cap situation and he would come back to us midway through next season.”
Yeah right!, give Semi a year playing in piss poor European Rugby for $800,000 + a season and then we'll see if he returns to the Eels for $250,000 a season.

Yeah right!, give Semi a year playing in piss poor European Rugby for $800,000 + a season and then we'll see if he returns to the Eels for $250,000 a season.

He will only be loaned to France, he will still be contracted to Parra for 2017 etc.

But I agree he will do everything he can to get out of the remainder of his contract.

On FOX Sports, it is being reported that the Slimey Cheats are making it their number one priority to be salary cap compliant by Round 10.

Isn't it amazing how, until yesterday, they couldn't have given a flying continental that they were cheating ? Could I possibly hate that club more ?

Regardless, how could they possible achieve this ?

As was pointed out last night on NRL360, the players have already fulfilled 7 months out of 12 of their contracts for 2016. As has already been stated, the Slimey Cheats will have to shed players with a contract value of 1.368 million as the players have already earned over half their contract values.

Not only do they need to eject these players, they need to find clubs that will pay 100% of the players wage for the remaining 5 months. Highly unlikely as rival clubs would have already spent up to the cap and even if they did have space, they would be bargaining from a position of strength and so wouldn't be dumb enough to pay it all.

So for example, Corey Norman is on 500K. He's still owed 208K. Assume that Manly had the cap space to fit him in. We'd take him off their hands for 100K.....which would reduce their overs to 470K. But hang on. You can't have an NRL roster with only 24 players. So they'd need to replace Norman with another player. The current minimum contract value is 82.5K....so for 5 months they'd be up for 34K. So in actual fact, the overs would still be 504K.

They would need to do this 9 times to get under the cap.

They can't just cut players. No player is going to just accept being sacked as a consequence of boardroom mismanagement. Besides, every player that leaves, MUST be replaced.

If they ever get under the cap this year, it will stink to high heaven. Which I guess is par for the course for the Slimey Cheats.

Did I mention I effing hate that club ?

Last edited:
What if our old mate Watmough says stuff you Arthur why should I retire. You sold me the dream and took me away from my junior club on a 4 year contract. You more than anyone knew I had knee injuries and now you are telling me I have to retire or the club is over the cap. Well mate I signed a 4 year deal and I want my sponsorship and tpa that comes with that not some half baked insurance payout. I am in rehab this year and I will see you next year at pre season training ready to go for the final two years of my contract.

It's not my fault you are over the cap. You told me Brad that you were building a dream squad with a super culture that would win a premiership and I was a big part of this. Now suddenly you are forcing me to retire and you are telling me that I am the main reason the club is over the cap.

I told Kieran Foran to also come here and what a great culture you were building and how loyalty was a big part of your promise to the players and this is how you repay me.

As I said Brad I have a family to feed so I have made plans about the TPA's and sponsorship that comes with the contract that I signed and I intend to honour that contract. See you next year Brad.

Aussie Semi can't speak English but when money talks he's all ears...

Yeah, wants the earn. But in Semi's case I don't blame him. He has a limited number of years to set his family in Fiji up for generations.

Don't suppose his employment prospects post league are going to be great.

And without Semi, they have absolutely no chance of making the finals.

Fingers crossed Bloomfield does a manly payback and says that Watmough's injury is not a new one and they cannot pay him outside the salary cap Karma

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4