• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Also, not directing this at any member in particular but it’s pretty commonplace for fans to place a bigger mortgage on what happens with the ball, then without it. The pretty stuff, you know!

A player that scores a scintillating try is often forgiven or even flat out unnoticed when they make a defensive error that leads to an opposition try.
Parker ain’t flashy but the stuff he does to keep us in games is more valuable than the odd ‘rabbit out of a hat’ stuff.

I’d agree lomax has all the makings, and can goal kick too.

Don’t get me wrong, Parker is a crucial cog in the manly machine. I’m just saying even if he had average pace for a centre, He would be swimming in tries and line breaks due to the space been created inside him.

It’s not the be all and end all, but at the pointy end, converting those opportunities is the difference between winning and losing a lot of the time.

I wouldn’t change anything about our team at the moment and I hope Siro and walker are made to play their way back In?

What’s the timeframe on foz snake?

It was more of an observation than overtly critical wasn’t it?

Surely that’s ok. He played well but capitalising on space is gonna be pretty important when the whips are Cracking

There is a lot to love about the way Parker plays, he would be a complete centre if he was only a bit faster

Not trying to bring down the euphoria everyone is rightfully feeling about today’s win.

I agree that if he had more speed to go with his great defence and amazing guts, he would be the perfect centre. But quick centres with great defence are rare. Would you rather have Parker or James Roberts??

I agree that if he had more speed to go with his great defence and amazing guts, he would be the perfect centre. But quick centres with great defence are rare. Would you rather have Parker or James Roberts??
Both players at their very Best
You would have to pick Roberts as has the ability to score tries out of nothing all on his own and at his best his defence is sound as well

Tonight Parker had a faultless game and figured in 2 great tries against a top 4 team
and I hope he continues to score and play at that level .

Roberts at his best creates gaps and chances into match winning tries
At his best Roberts is phenomenal

How many centres have the ability to scores tries out of nothing like the ones on this clip

Last edited:
When the Origin teams are picked,I think we’ll find that centre has become one of the least important or a position that doesn’t need a lot of money spent on players at club level because I suspect only one regular centre will be picked,Dane Gagai.Which means im quite happy with the current centre pairing the club has given what they’re likely to be paid.No need to overpay

It was more of an observation than overtly critical wasn’t it?

Surely that’s ok. He played well but capitalising on space is gonna be pretty important when the whips are Cracking

There is a lot to love about the way Parker plays, he would be a complete centre if he was only a bit faster

Not trying to bring down the euphoria everyone is rightfully feeling about today’s win.
I know where you're coming from. I like having Brad in the team but I'm not blind to the fact that he would be much better if he had an extra half yard of pace.

I feel with the balance required in the current Manly team - Parker plays his part...
We already have plenty of strike power as the past 6 weeks or show with 30+ average points a game....his defence is integral and his attack has been productive also.
Parker shuts down many opposition raids and stalls their momentum, this leads to frustration and low percentage plays, if Manly continue to minimise opposition points we will continue to win by big margins and against the elite teams, will keep us in any contest with the opportunity to Win....

But on current form ,Parker every day of the week.
Well said , Current form is what counts as you are only as good as your last good game

I call it as I see it and I am proud to say last nights game was Parkers best game of his career

It was a complete centers game without any deficiencies
. Great defence and 2 Great tries

Parker made the Manly Jersey Proud and the Centre spot his to keep if he keeps up playing to that high standards

Well done Red !!!

In my lifetime , no player gets as many high shots put on them as parker does. Moving forward he is almost worth a sin bin every week..

He is a tradesman and a fine member of the team. Always has been, always will be

When we were getting pasted and he constantly had to deal with players running lines, and decoys everywhere, and manly on the backfoot, he struggled. When we are holding our own all over the park all players do better

Weekend Results:

Brad Parker: 8
(alleged) Top-4 team, Paramatta: 6

In all seriousness though:
  • Is Parker in isolation able to be improved on? Sure.
  • Is Parker in this current TEAM structure able to be improved on? Debatable, and difficult to prove without assumptions that can be twisted to fit an anti-Parker narrative any day of the week.
You can scrutinise his flaws, and counter the 'but his Def is gud' argument with the times it hasn't been. You can assert he doesn't finish off tries that others would. That he is slow. You can suggest he doesn't have the flair and vision of more 'athletic' options at the position, or the 'upside' of more physical specimens. That we won't win a premiership with him. That he gets hit in the head too much and is a constant injury liability (which has strangely morphed into an asset the last 2 weeks..). It's all semantics and cherry-picking.

If you want to ignore the traits he brings to the team and suggest that we have better options then hey, go for it. Free forum. And i'll put it out there that he is in 1st Grade because he is the best option for the team right now, and plays his role without ego or expectation that it will just happen for him. He puts in the hard work.

Based on most recent performance that is undeniable as he was especially good over this weekend - I was there. He has been a key figure in our revival this year, after a couple of scratchy early games sure - but he has become one of the most improved and under-rated guys in the game today - and most importantly.....Des obviously agrees and retains him in the 1st grade team.

What better a way to give all those critics and doubters the fat middle finger they deserve, than performing? Those that don't like him will still find things he didn't do right in the game yesterday and leverage that to justify further criticism. Those same people will probably never approve of him even if he wins a Clive Churchill in a 41-0 win over Melbourne in a future grand-final.

Power to you Brad, keep the momentum and improvement going man.

Brad has to stay now I think about it. Yea Walker adds a whole new dynamic in attack and can make more of the half chances to proper chances. But we got a winning formula plus we got one of the best defensive centres in the comp. Who cares if he's slow, I like the fact that he defends intelligently and strongly. Defence has been one of the key factors in our season revival, and Parker is one of the standouts in that. That left centre spot is deservedly his.

Brad has to stay now I think about it. Yea Walker adds a whole new dynamic in attack and can make more of the half chances to proper chances. But we got a winning formula plus we got one of the best defensive centres in the comp. Who cares if he's slow, I like the fact that he defends intelligently and strongly. Defence has been one of the key factors in our season revival, and Parker is one of the standouts in that. That left centre spot is deservedly his.
Have Walker at 14 for a bit when he's back. Lawton is big enough and runs hard enough to fill in the back row when needed.

Would be keeping Parker and Harper in the centres for now, with Fainu slotting into Crokers spot, and Walker to take Custs spot.

14 Walker 15 Marty 16 Aloiai 17 Lawton fully fit team. Sironen, Suli, Croker miss out unfortunately

Weekend Results:

Brad Parker: 8
(alleged) Top-4 team, Paramatta: 6

In all seriousness though:
  • Is Parker in isolation able to be improved on? Sure.
  • Is Parker in this current TEAM structure able to be improved on? Debatable, and difficult to prove without assumptions that can be twisted to fit an anti-Parker narrative any day of the week.
You can scrutinise his flaws, and counter the 'but his Def is gud' argument with the times it hasn't been. You can assert he doesn't finish off tries that others would. That he is slow. You can suggest he doesn't have the flair and vision of more 'athletic' options at the position, or the 'upside' of more physical specimens. That we won't win a premiership with him. That he gets hit in the head too much and is a constant injury liability (which has strangely morphed into an asset the last 2 weeks..). It's all semantics and cherry-picking.

If you want to ignore the traits he brings to the team and suggest that we have better options then hey, go for it. Free forum. And i'll put it out there that he is in 1st Grade because he is the best option for the team right now, and plays his role without ego or expectation that it will just happen for him. He puts in the hard work.

Based on most recent performance that is undeniable as he was especially good over this weekend - I was there. He has been a key figure in our revival this year, after a couple of scratchy early games sure - but he has become one of the most improved and under-rated guys in the game today - and most importantly.....Des obviously agrees and retains him in the 1st grade team.

What better a way to give all those critics and doubters the fat middle finger they deserve, than performing? Those that don't like him will still find things he didn't do right in the game yesterday and leverage that to justify further criticism. Those same people will probably never approve of him even if he wins a Clive Churchill in a 41-0 win over Melbourne in a future grand-final.

Power to you Brad, keep the momentum and improvement going man.
Thing with Parker is that even in our worst games you could see his effort... you can argue about the level of his natural skillset but he, like Croker, puts in every game... which is more than can be said for some others with a higher level of 'natural' ability imo...

Those guys are never going to be a Staggs or a Fainu but they are more than capable of performing a role and taking advantage of opportunities created by star players around them... and as long as our stars stay fit (*touch wood") then that is all we need them to do...

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8