Parker and Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garrick will only score when there is a clear run line to a line.
The moment a defender appears anywhere near him he panics and puts on a quadruple side step and gets stopped in his tracks; anyone but him, please!
He doesn’t seem to have that winger ability to dive into the corner with Tge one handed put down. Just like Saab did in the second half.

He doesn’t seem to have that winger ability to dive into the corner with Tge one handed put down. Just like Saab did in the second half.
Yea that’s a concern, a couple of times in recent weeks Turbo has given him a free run at the line from about 10 out and he’s stopped in his run to get tackled rather than hitting the corner to score.

To be honest, Taufua probably scores those tries. He’s a great finisher and very hard to bundle into touch. Also helps coming out of our end.

He can be a liability in defence though with the high ball.

It's quite painful when we spread the ball out to Thier edge. Like slow motion.
I do agree. I was at the game today and Parker honestly wouldn’t run out of sit in a dark night however he is 100% effort and good defensively. Do we want to give that up for Walker who is seriously not interested in defence and rarely plays through injury.

I wouldnt touch Walker with a 10 foot pole while this team is winning more games that losing.

Come to think of it, is he a lock for Blacktown?.

we need to stop think of Walker based on reputation. He hasn’t done anything since 2014, and he was particularly **** in rounds 1-4.

NYEagle
Walker was great for us in 2019. He plays at center, he can be a topline player BUT nowhere else. He's not a 5/8, fullback or anything other than a center. Put him there , give him stability and leave him there or move him on.

I was just thinking that Harper and Saab seem to be working effectively on their combination and wondering if Ruben and Parker should do more as well.

We all like Parker and his tough work / defence , but he isn't the errr fastest. So maybe he and garrick should sort out some moves when the ball heads their way?

Garrick - just sticking on the wing and hoping isn't doing much. I think they need to work harder on getting the ball to garrick in the clear. Whether that's cutting inside or passing to him quicker is up to them / coaches.

I know they have the ability to be more effective, but if Brad is out there thinking he's Saab...he needs a reality check.

I'm not anti them by any means, just that "a man should know his limitations" said Jack Nicholson in some movie.

You are determined to make “tge” a word aren’t you ;-)
I do it so much I don’t bother correcting now. It’s cos I have this habit of slightly tilting the phone when I write and it turns the h into a g

Garrick gets man handled each and every game ,cant finish well and never breaks the line.
And the passing to Turbo instead of taking the hit up on a kick return sh1ts me to tears.

I do it so much I don’t bother correcting now. It’s cos I have this habit of slightly tilting the phone when I write and it turns the h into a g

I was wondering about it.

Was thinking of posting "let's start a go fund me' to buy Was13 a letter 'h' for his keyboard.

Then I thought you may have lost the finger that types the 'h' in the first world war and it wouldn't be nice to point out.

I officially announced that I miss doing a capital 'T' so much that I'm not going to go back and fix them anymore.

So I'm with you! (fixes capital 'S'...fml)

Garrick gets man handled each and every game ,cant finish well and never breaks the line.
And the passing to Turbo instead of taking the hit up on a kick return sh1ts me to tears.

I just had a look at the play just before tom's second try when he passes it to garrick.

Instead of going for it he does a stutter step half assed sideways shuffle straight into the warriors defender.

In the back ground you can see tom throw his hands up in disgust at the execution of everyone else's hard work.

dunno if coaches take players aside and review the video to help players make better choices in the future, but that was a dud one by Garrick.

Yeah Garrick definitely doesn't back himself on scoring from 10 out unless he has a clear passage to the line.

His try where he did the forward roll & landed on his coccyx looked similar to another one he scored earlier this season & looks like he's not familiar with stretching out over the line & sliding after grounding the ball.

He needs to spend a week practicing one-handed aerial putdowns on the crash mat to get used to it & just go for it instead of trying to do an in & away when there's a defender in front of him.

Have to think that Walker and Suli would offer [ or definitely ] more in attack then Brad but would also be expected to at least match his quite reliable defence . Wouldn 't class Garrick as not big enough , maybe does have some limitations but was quite reliable and safe yesterday and still considered the best goal kicker on present options , Have to also take into account that Walker was the recognized goal kicker some seasons ago . Just have to hopefully keep Walker and Suli uninjured on any return . As for actually being in the game day squad , sure that it is a serious consideration . Harper and Saab , i st choice outside backs for now but the remaining two spots , certainly now some serious competition

Tuipolitu isn't ready for first grade yet. I feel he will be 2022 project. Maybe a couple games later in the season due to injuries. So if Garrick is dropped it may be Jorge will get a recall if he is up to it.
Walker will probably take Parker s spot and i will have mixed feelings about this up until he runs 60 metres for a try in his first game back.

Can :t see Jorge replacing Garrick , only likely option would be Suli , then to find a suitable alternative goal kicker .

With Koula, Burbo, and Tuipulotu categorically not ready for 2021 NRL (barring injury crisis to our outside backs), and Walker still a few weeks away, I can't see Des dropping either Parker or Garrick for Taufua. Suli is the interesting one. A wasted bench spot again? Surely Harper stays if fit. Blacktown? Or does he take Parker's position? Our left side still relatively weak - they make less metres, less line breaks, make more errors than the Harper-Saab combo. And Garrick needs to understand that if he wants to cement his place in this team long-term, he has to start nailing his goal-kicking. 75% and as a first choice kicker, has the worst numbers in the comp I think (most 2nd and 3rd choice kickers for other teams are kicking at close to 80%)

I do agree. I was at the game today and Parker honestly wouldn’t run out of sit in a dark night however he is 100% effort and good defensively.
This 100 % effort perspective

Any one can give 100% effort

Just because a player gives 100% it does not mean he contributes to the team 100 %

Parker is a liability in attack

Also defensively skilled fast players step around and burn him off

At the moment he is holding his own

If we want to be a premiership team again we need players to not only hold their own

We want players to make it their own

Just playn' @Waz13, its your signature move.

I just had a look at the play just before tom's second try when he passes it to garrick.

Instead of going for it he does a stutter step half assed sideways shuffle straight into the warriors defender.

In the back ground you can see tom throw his hands up in disgust at the execution of everyone else's hard work.

dunno if coaches take players aside and review the video to help players make better choices in the future, but that was a dud one by Garrick.
He has done this on numerous occasions and has bombed at least four tries this year because of it. He should watch how Harper attacked the line against the Warriors. He could have done the same thing as Garrick, instead he just went straight at it and scored. Then when he went at the line the second time he attracted two defenders and popped it out the back to Saab for the try.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4