Parker and Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you want attack from our left centre, you would go for Walker every time over Parker.

If you want defense from our left centre, you would go for Parker every time over Walker.

The thing that got me yesterday though, other than Parker's bad hands that cost us a try, was that 2-3 times Brad was put into clear space ... and 2-3 times he was caught within 10 metres (by players who had to turn and chase). And a couple of those times he could have put Garrick into space, but didn't.

TBH, as much as I like Parker, I'd put up with Walker's not as good defense if it meant our attack on the left actually had some potency beyond Tom cut out passing to Garrick 10 metres out.

I respect your humble opinion and your great nature and passionate views

My perspective is

Whilst I admire Parker giving his best 100% . His 100% effort does not make 100% contribution on the field

I cannot remember the last time he made a line break
A try assist
A try

Parker is a liability in attack
He is slow and does not posses the skill in footwork to be a deceptive runner

He is a predictable runner that runs with 100% intensity but makes 0% line breaks

At the moment his defence is holding his own
But if we are to be a dominant team we need players that have the ability to make it there own Because as we saw against a quality team like the Panthers that contained Tom . We need to be more than a one man team . We need to competitive in every position across the park .

The moral of the story
A centre without a Try is like a pub with no Beer

Take it away Slim ....

Parker is not a threatening player, against good teams you need attacking players in your backline.

If we are going to beat the good teams we need as many attacking options as possible, statistics don’t tell the whole story in regards to Walkers defence, what position he was playing and was Turbo playing etc.

Suli has more upside then Parker.

If you want attack from our left centre, you would go for Walker every time over Parker.

If you want defense from our left centre, you would go for Parker every time over Walker.

The thing that got me yesterday though, other than Parker's bad hands that cost us a try, was that 2-3 times Brad was put into clear space ... and 2-3 times he was caught within 10 metres (by players who had to turn and chase). And a couple of those times he could have put Garrick into space, but didn't.

TBH, as much as I like Parker, I'd put up with Walker's not as good defense if it meant our attack on the left actually had some potency beyond Tom cut out passing to Garrick 10 metres out.
We all see different things and I have not always seen great defence from Parker
Some of you are making him sound like the next Ron Coote

Do you call this great defence from Parker ?
There have been many one on one misses from him during our long run of thrashings
I have never seen Walker defend as bad as this . Never

It stood out like dogs balls yesterday. Twice Parker was put in space and I thought geez imagine that was Crichton or lomax or just about any other centre, both of those chances would become a try or at very least a line break... instead Parker makes 10m and is tackled.
Against the really good teams we won't get so many chances and really need to convert all of them. Garrick stepping into the fullback has cost us 3 tries in the past 2 weeks and Parkers inability to make the most of our opportunities has really let us down. That edge definitely needs looking at!

IMO our centres are as follows:
1. Walker - Speed X factor in attack can be a bit if a jumper grabber in defence
2, Harper - solid and reliable defender with sufficient speed and good vision.
3. Suli - should be a gun but doesn’t hit holes at pace often enough and his poor reads in defence are a big a liability. In fairness doesn’t see much ball when Sirro is inside. This kid could be anything if only Des could snap him out of his slumber.
4. Parker - reliable defender but not enough pace.

We all see different things and I have not always seen great defence from Parker

There have been many one on one misses from him during our long run of thrashings

Mate, to continue singling out Parker on that day for poor defense is drawing a rather long bow given that the whole team was $hithouse in defense that day.

Normally Brad is a good defender, but the problem with him is that he's as slow as a wet week. You're the one who keeps saying speed kills. Well, in Brad's case its right on the money. His lack of speed is a killer. A Manly attacking raid killer.

It stood out like dogs balls yesterday. Twice Parker was put in space and I thought geez imagine that was Crichton or lomax or just about any other centre, both of those chances would become a try or at very least a line break... instead Parker makes 10m and is tackled.
Against the really good teams we won't get so many chances and really need to convert all of them. Garrick stepping into the fullback has cost us 3 tries in the past 2 weeks and Parkers inability to make the most of our opportunities has really let us down. That edge definitely needs looking at!

Garrick seriously needs to start backing himself and just start going for the line. His stepping back in has him cost a couple of tries in the past few weeks.

Its an old saying but its true in this case. Go hard or go home. Reubs needs to take a page from Jorge's book and go hard with the line at his mercy. He's being given plenty of opportunities to score right now, especially with Tom back in the side. He needs to start converting more than just the gimmies where he has a clear run to the line.

Mate, to continue singling out Parker on that day for poor defense is drawing a rather long bow given that the whole team was $hithouse in defense that day.

Normally Brad is a good defender, but the problem with him is that he's as slow as a wet week. You're the one who keeps saying speed kills. Well, in Brad's case its right on the money. His lack of speed is a killer. A Manly attacking raid killer.
I am not singling out Parker

I am responding to the continuing posts of how great a defender he is

This is how forums work.....
Some one like you posts their view and some one like me responds

I understand it is a team performance but those misses were one on one misses and they were very ordinary to say the least .
Brad is slow and his lack of pace also disadvantages him when players run around him

I agree that he can come up with good defence and can hold his own
But we need players that can also contribute to line breaks , try assists and scoring tries and not just hold their own but also make it their own

Let me say that The motive of my posts are purely based on how we can improve our team
Nothing to do with personal attacks on players.

The moral of the story ....
Our Legendary club is not a sacred hearts community boys club
It is a proud and Professional winning club
and our Legendary God father Ken Arthurson was always looking to bring in Dominant players that made us the most dominant club in his time

Our God father was a ruthless reformer and the greatest administrator of all time

God bless our Beloved God father
1614679861235.png

1614679861235.png

Reuben Garrick has plenty of pace in him and speed wise I would say he's only behind Saab and Turbo in our first grade squad. The problem with him is that he isn't particularly tall, nor is he particularly strong. He's not the type of winger who is going to create his own try by barging over like Taufua would, or break tackles to make a line break. However he is the type of winger who will back up those who do that and use his pace to finish.

If he's put into space, Garrick does have the speed to make a break. We have seen that from him in the past. The problem is that if someone is coming across in cover, he doesn't seem to have the confidence right now to just put his head down and go for it.

Right now I can't see Des dropping Reubs from the team. He's equal second on our 2021 try list (Saab has 7, Turbo and Garrick have 5) and he's also our leading point scorer with 70.

That's his attacking side at least. His defense still needs work.

I can honestly live with Reuben Garrick out on our left edge, if he is being used correctly.

Last edited:
Garrick seriously needs to start backing himself and just start going for the line. His stepping back in has him cost a couple of tries in the past few weeks.

Its an old saying but its true in this case. Go hard or go home. Reubs needs to take a page from Jorge's book and go hard with the line at his mercy. He's being given plenty of opportunities to score right now, especially with Tom back in the side. He needs to start converting more than just the gimmies where he has a clear run to the line.
Totally agree re Reubs. Here’s one for ya what’s worse on that side for us. Parker’s inability to make breaks and convert opportunities or Garrick’s inability to finish off tries? It’s like Garrick can’t do what most all other wingers in the nrl do just go hard for the corner and dive in with the one handed put down. Numerous times this year there’s been a try in for all money only for him not to back himself!

Walker is an absolute turnstile at centre ??

In the open market which player would command a bigger contract

A fit and firing Walker or a Fit and firing Parker ?
Because like you, the majority focus on the upfront bling and very few understand the 1%ers that matter for success. It is the hard grafting wallflowers in the background that are an absolute integral cog in any successful team... without them, the team aint winning no premiership regardless of all the hyped speedsters.

First let me say I don't disagree with you in regards to Parker's speed and x factor.

Using this video clip to highlight Parker's defence liability is a bit rich though, the whole team was just as bad if not worse then Parker this day.
Arguably and here is the rub, and you are right with people seeing things differently because from that video I saw Walker miss and be out of position more than Parker.
In short if you didn't know who Parker or Walker were, from this highlight clip, one would think Parker sh1ts all over Walker.

Yes I know Walker is not a FB but he had / has a job to do and he failed miserably worse than Parker has failed at his.

Walker needs to be in the team at center performing much better than he has and much much better than Parker, Parker was only ever a backup depth player who for one reason or another has played more than Walker the past few years, Walker is on the 1st choice team money and needs to perform as such, as does Parker who gets paid alot less and is depth.

Totally agree re Reubs. Here’s one for ya what’s worse on that side for us. Parker’s inability to make breaks and convert opportunities or Garrick’s inability to finish off tries? It’s like Garrick can’t do what most all other wingers in the nrl do just go hard for the corner and dive in with the one handed put down. Numerous times this year there’s been a try in for all money only for him not to back himself!

He may be scoring a few but I think what's obvious right now is that Garrick is down on confidence in himself to beat his man with strength.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6