Parker and Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Rueben garrick is not tall, fast or strong and the goal kicking has been suspect recently. Brad Parker is a brave player and as much as I love him doesn't offer enough in attack. I'd love to see walker replace Parker and the young Christian Tuipolitu get a run in place of Rueben. I think that partnership dynamic will be very similar to harper/ saab which has been amazing recently. Walker played centre for Australia and him playing in any other position hinders him and the team. I think if we do this (which we won't sigh) and fainu is found innocent and is even 70 percent of the player he was before the incident, I think were a top four team.

Reubs does have pace, but you're right in that he isn't tall or particularly strong.

Parker ... tough one because I like the kid and I think when on form he's arguably the best defensive centre in the NRL. But he has bad hands and no pace.

Here is the problem though. Who else in the squad or with Blacktown is actually in good enough form to warrant first grade selection ahead of either of them??

Reubs does have pace, but you're right in that he isn't tall or particularly strong.

Parker ... tough one because I like the kid and I think when on form he's arguably the best defensive centre in the NRL. But he has bad hands and no pace.

Here is the problem though. Who else in the squad or with Blacktown is actually in good enough form to warrant first grade selection ahead of either of them??
I'd drop Parker for Walker. I'm not convinced about dropping Garrick yet, I'd like to see what Tuipolitu can do though.

I think they are both serviceable enough but not athletically gifted enough to make a real impact. They play a role in the team and as long as we are competing and winning they will stay but it’d be nice to bring Walker back in

I wouldnt touch Walker with a 10 foot pole while this team is winning more games that losing.

Come to think of it, is he a lock for Blacktown?.

we need to stop think of Walker based on reputation. He hasn’t done anything since 2014, and he was particularly **** in rounds 1-4.

NYEagle

I think they are both serviceable enough but not athletically gifted enough to make a real impact. They play a role in the team and as long as we are competing and winning they will stay but it’d be nice to bring Walker back in

We can definitely do better out on that edge. Walker for one, but it remains to be seen who is the other. Who knows, someone like Garrick might actually shine outside of a Dylan Walker. Akuila Uate didn't exactly go backwards having Walks on his inside at centre.

He got a pass on his chest today and was on the outside of his man when the pass hit but couldn’t beat him with a full head of steam.

It was a beautiful pass and I saw it and went “we are on here” only to see him cut down.

I am one of his biggest supporters as I saw him as a Innes type player whom is supper reliable and makes those one on one tackles. But Walker in that same play beats his man and we probably score.

I think he should hit the gym and turn into a 2nd tower, but he will need to watch that head of his as his upright running lends itself to getting hit high a lot.

I’m not necessarily aParker advocate but have been of the belief Tgat Walker needs to earn his spot back in. Again today sone really good defensive moments from Parks but I’m starting to lean toward us needing a bit more attack wise in that side. Today he had some really clean early ball outside his man and did nothing with it. While we are winning the side won’t change but today I must admit I wanted more attack wise frm his opportunities.

He got a pass on his chest today and was on the outside of his man when the pass hit but couldn’t beat him with a full head of steam.

It was a beautiful pass and I saw it and went “we are on here” only to see him cut down.

I am one of his biggest supporters as I saw him as a Innes type player whom is supper reliable and makes those one on one tackles. But Walker in that same play beats his man and we probably score.

I think he should hit the gym and turn into a 2nd tower, but he will need to watch that head of his as his upright running lends itself to getting hit high a lot.
He’s like a crash test dummy.

I was actually glad Suli didn't come on. We needed fast tempo, up-beat footy today, and his lumbering plays and slow play-the-balls would have really hurt us.

As for Dylan Walker. If he is fit, play him, in his preferred position. Harper / Walker as a centre pairing would be lethal if both in form, and playing at their most intense

I can handle Garrick and he would look a lot better playing outside a strike centre. We have seen time and time again and again a few times today that Parker really lacks the athletic ability to beat a defender in space. If we are wanting spark on that edge them Walker should be certainty to replace him.
Harper is a must keep, our right edge all of a sudden looks dangerous with Olakau-atu and Harper instead of Siro and Suli.
That left centre and spark out of hooker are our 2 weak links. However if Lawton and Walker can rediscover top form then this side can go very deep into September and even a dark horse for the big dance!

I can handle Garrick and he would look a lot better playing outside a strike centre. We have seen time and time again and again a few times today that Parker really lacks the athletic ability to beat a defender in space. If we are wanting spark on that edge them Walker should be certainty to replace him.
Harper is a must keep, our right edge all of a sudden looks dangerous with Olakau-atu and Harper instead of Siro and Suli.
That left centre and spark out of hooker are our 2 weak links. However if Lawton and Walker can rediscover top form then this side can go very deep into September and even a dark horse for the big dance!
Well Des I think has played his hand in the Suli v Harper discussion. It’s Harper until it’s not. The Walker situation will be interesting. Long way to go and injuries will still play a part. Tgey will all be called upon at sone point.

I was actually glad Suli didn't come on. We needed fast tempo, up-beat footy today, and his lumbering plays and slow play-the-balls would have really hurt us.

As for Dylan Walker. If he is fit, play him, in his preferred position. Harper / Walker as a centre pairing would be lethal if both in form, and playing at their most intense
Dumb selection by Des (again) - what role was Suli ever going to play? Put him in BWSE and let him earn a spot.

Dumb selection by Des (again) - what role was Suli ever going to play? Put him in BWSE and let him earn a spot.

I agree, but is he the type of player that would react negatively to the tough call? Maybe he's worked his arse off at training. He looks fitter yet again. I'd love to pay for a barber for him !

If a fit and firing Dylan Walker is back, I see no place in the team for Suli.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8