[Resurrected] Parcell the next to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We can go back and forwards on here about the merits of AK as first choice hooker. The one undeniable fact is he cannot pass a football at first grade level and not at all to his weak side. Anyone who denies that is not watching.

Those that are happy with him in the role obviously think his undoubted enthusiasm and the odd big hit outweighs the lack of this basic skill.

Those that think it is folly obviously think a good ball distributor is one of the keys to success.

Time will tell.

Nobody (or almost nobody) is saying that Api is the best hooker in the world. Some of us just believe Parcell wasn't either.

Thats my point! If the bloke left is no good you don't sack the other one who has barely been given a chance.

This ain't about Parcell the individual.its about a club having ONE ordinary option in a vital position!

I am surprised no one ha mentioned the obvious tin foil hat conspiracy theory

Bozo is back...and he is tight with the Lussick family....who have a son who has just come back to the club...and he is a hooker....and well we know Bozo tends to favor people he knows...

Bozo is back...and he is tight with the Lussick family....who have a son who has just come back to the club...and he is a hooker....and well we know Bozo tends to favor people he knows...
We all favor people we like

It was hinted at.

If Barrett doesn't rate Parcell then this club is in a worse state than I feared.
If he wanted a hooker that just passed, and I presumed tackled, then why did he/they punt Ballin?
Coz as good as he was he can't stay on the field these days. I read that interview with him the other day and he said he's "confident" of being ready for the start of the year which as we all know means he's no chance.

Last edited:
Neither Api or Parcell are in the top 5 or so hookers in the game. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Api is tougher, fit, strong, has good footwork and a good dummy, a real competitor - but lacks a crisp pass.

Parcell had a nice pass and acceleration, but looked so lost out there at times. Didn't know if to run or pass, then he would run and then stop??

Both I would of expected to do a lot better in 2017 (we won't be able to see how parcell would of gone, he lacked confidence this year but would of been better in 2017)

Am hoping Api can stay fit, as do DCE and Green so they can learn each others games and feed off each other. Ballin was here for 10 years, and he built up those combinations over time and by playing almost every game!

Neither Parcell or Api are anywhere near Smith, Hodgson etc who are like another half. They direct play and also can kick. But lets hope Api can find a good combination with his halves and also Tom when he decides to run.

I think he'll do fine

Well to me this club smells and acts like early 2000s.
Ferris could cop he can't tackle close to line gives away too many penalities. But other fuk me Clint gutherson, hiku now parcell.
Koriseau needs to focus on passing a football and less about the new manly nines jumper looks great.
To me we have way too many who resume may look good myles, brown, koriseau but are simply not first graders.
A 9 is essential to being even a top 8 force. Ennis, smith, peats where api around the worst. Whoever is responsible better fix it as fans have had jack.

I've heard that his hamstrings are no good.
I've heard Zorba is fuceking turd that eats too much and has too much power but that's just a rumour I heard?

Anyway, merry fuceking Xmas to all on Silvertails and all the best for the new year. Go Manly.

Neither Api or Parcell are in the top 5 or so hookers in the game. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Api is tougher, fit, strong, has good footwork and a good dummy, a real competitor - but lacks a crisp pass.

Parcell had a nice pass and acceleration, but looked so lost out there at times. Didn't know if to run or pass, then he would run and then stop??

Both I would of expected to do a lot better in 2017 (we won't be able to see how parcell would of gone, he lacked confidence this year but would of been better in 2017)

Am hoping Api can stay fit, as do DCE and Green so they can learn each others games and feed off each other. Ballin was here for 10 years, and he built up those combinations over time and by playing almost every game!

Neither Parcell or Api are anywhere near Smith, Hodgson etc who are like another half. They direct play and also can kick. But lets hope Api can find a good combination with his halves and also Tom when he decides to run.

I think he'll do fine

You don't get a crisp pass in one off season. Playing with natural fast twitch fibres and a bit of mongrel, heaps of pace and strength beyond your frame maybe saw the bloke move through the lower grades and juniors without the need to work on the more cerebral stuff like when and where to pass and why.

He can't kick. It's like putting a staffy in a paddock to round up sheep when we sold the border collie to the bloke down the road.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8