[Resurrected] Parcell the next to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Do you think that DCE and Co would have any say in player signings and retention?

Not likely with Fulton running the show.

Bhurer and Symonds were DCE's best mates at the club yet Fulton got rid of both of them.

Mates are one thing, but a half having an opinion of the person passing him the ball 90% of the time is another ... yeah, I think he would have a big say.

So you're suggesting DCE & co may of had a say in Parcell moving on?They must not of wanted Buhrer there too hey?

No, that is a big leap in logic. Not a say in moving them on, but I am suggesting that if DCE really hated Api and insisted on Parcell, Parcell would still be there.

No, that is a big leap in logic. Not a say in moving them on, but I am suggesting that if DCE really hated Api and insisted on Parcell, Parcell would still be there.
It is not the way Fulton works he doesn't care for anyone else's opinion (maybe Arthurson's) and does what he wants

Bhurer would make a better hooker that Korisau

It is not the way Fulton works he doesn't care for anyone else's opinion (maybe Arthurson's) and does what he wants

Bhurer would make a better hooker that Korisau

Even given the Fulton factor, I believe in the case of a choice between Api and Parcell he would give DCE the one he wanted.

And I would have loved to have seen Ferris given a shot at hooker.

It's not a big leap in logic.The logic is that if DCE&co had any say in recruitment and retention,Buhrer would still be there.

So you're suggesting DCE & co may of had a say in Parcell moving on?They must not of wanted Buhrer there too hey?
1467797230566.jpg

I'm sure it was nothing personal re Buhrer being moved on. He's a good player who probably should be the starting dummy half for manly this year.

I suspect however that the most recent contract he signed for manly was too big and not good value. Bozo needed to add some balance to the team, which could only be done by moving a player on a decent contract.

So can we stop arguing?

If what you are saying is a fact then I can show you one of the reasons he got fired for a more fiery forward
View attachment 4593
The original point that I made to someone else was that DCE and other players have no say on who stays and who goes.Buhrer wasn't the first player to be bumped off like that by Paulo,nor will he be the last.I bet you're keen for the rumour of James Graham coming to Manly to be true?Theres footage of him being steamrolled by Radradra,would that change your mind about signing him?

Whether or not Api is a good hooker or can pass or not is totally irrelevant to my comments and opinion of Parcell.

Would have been happy to keep nurturing Parcell, but if a group of blokes with some 1000 FG games and involvement in about 10 Grandfinals between them, and who have been with him at training for a year, don't think he is the goods. I'm not going to drop my lollies over it.

But you feel free to scream the sky is falling.
This is a great post!

Yep, those guys.

I simply don't have as low an opinion of Myles, Brown and Api as you. Whilst it is a fact that Myles didn't have a stellar year he was not as bad as some claim, and is solid without being spectacular. Brown was called upon to do everything other than what he is good at, and that is a good bench utility. If you judge him as a starting centre or 2nd rower he will always come up short.

And love Api, faults and all, and would suggest DCE and co. also prefer him to Parcell, otherwise Parcell would still be here.
It certainly looked to me that Api was a real "part" of the team. You could tell by the body language that he was a dominant voice in the side toward the back end of last year.

As for grabbing games by the scruff of the neck, I would also suggest that Api did that a couple of times last year. In fact it was probably one of his great strengths. He never died wondering and put himself in the game with clever players to spark something. I remember when the Warriors started wrestling momentum and he put in that clever grubber kick for a try to steal it back.

I also think his line speed is just about as good as any 9 in the game. He is very fit and late in games he would rush up and try and swing the momentum and lead the way.

The original point that I made to someone else was that DCE and other players have no say on who stays and who goes.Buhrer wasn't the first player to be bumped off like that by Paulo,nor will he be the last.I bet you're keen for the rumour of James Graham coming to Manly to be true?Theres footage of him being steamrolled by Radradra,would that change your mind about signing him?
Like most on here I liked Jamie Buhrer but if the coaching staff want a bigger and more powerful pack then im fine with that

Like most on here I liked Jamie Buhrer but if the coaching staff want a bigger and more powerful pack then im fine with that
Buhrer staying or going had nothing to do with the original conversation.It was about who made the decision

Buhrer staying or going had nothing to do with the original conversation.It was about who made the decision
Lets hope the decision is the correct one as we all ( fans officials coaching staff ) want Manly to be Successful . 2017 will reveal all , until then let us not get our feathers in a knot and enjoy the festive season feathered friend

Last edited:
We can go back and forwards on here about the merits of AK as first choice hooker. The one undeniable fact is he cannot pass a football at first grade level and not at all to his weak side. Anyone who denies that is not watching.

Those that are happy with him in the role obviously think his undoubted enthusiasm and the odd big hit outweighs the lack of this basic skill.

Those that think it is folly obviously think a good ball distributor is one of the keys to success.

Time will tell.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8