[Resurrected] Parcell the next to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@susan
Have you seen much of Cullen in your neck of the woods? Do you think he could be evolved into a viable 9?

Good kid.Plays at my club. Totally turned round the club this year to grab the title. Good passing game and better kicking game.Small but real tough. Has the skills required to be a nine in the NRL but without it being his regular position would be a tough ask. I would back him to be better than the options we have if given some time but time doesn't seem an option at at Manly any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard Zorba is fuceking turd that eats too much and has too much power but that's just a rumour I heard?

Anyway, merry fuceking Xmas to all on Silvertails and all the best for the new year. Go Manly.

I always thought that Fuceking was the Anglicised spelling for a Chinese provincial city on the upper reaches of the Yangtze-Kiang. Now I learn that it's a form of Christmas greeting.

Every day I learn new things on this site.

We can go back and forwards on here about the merits of AK as first choice hooker. The one undeniable fact is he cannot pass a football at first grade level and not at all to his weak side. Anyone who denies that is not watching.

Those that are happy with him in the role obviously think his undoubted enthusiasm and the odd big hit outweighs the lack of this basic skill.

Those that think it is folly obviously think a good ball distributor is one of the keys to success.

Time will tell.
Don't get so emotional, opinions are just that. He would not be in an NRL squad if he can't play. True last season he was inconsistent, but he can play. Passing a ****ing football is certainly coachable @:blush:

We can go back and forwards on here about the merits of AK as first choice hooker. The one undeniable fact is he cannot pass a football at first grade level and not at all to his weak side. Anyone who denies that is not watching.

Those that are happy with him in the role obviously think his undoubted enthusiasm and the odd big hit outweighs the lack of this basic skill.

Those that think it is folly obviously think a good ball distributor is one of the keys to success.

Time will tell.

Not much time at all but you were right as it seems with Brown also on the rumor list it looks like Hastings is the new 9 and AK as utility.

Happier with Hastings than AK directing traffic and hopefully he got enough of a scare.

You see this is where you all need to take a chill pill and relax .....

Bozo has been taking inspiration from Sonny Weaver Jnr's management style during the off season ... wheeling and dealing behind the scenes, making mind boggling decisions, all in order to get the team he wants .... ultimately defying the odds to take us to premiership glory .....

It could be worse .... he could have been watching The Longest Yard where an ex NFL player recruits inmates to form a football team to play the guards .... ohhhh snap !!!!!!!!!

Happy for people to suggest other movies Bozo might be taking inspiration from.

Wow Looks like Bozo is the new Sonny Weaver !!!!

I was / am a Parcell fan.
Dissapointing to see him go, he will absolutely carve up the defence structure ( if they have one) in the ESL.

I wonder what the man of steel is paying for 2017 ?

What a pathetic excuse of a blog to be honest.

Matt Parcell (and a lot of the other players that have been moved on), can't be too pissed about Manly. The club gave him (and others) their start. Without that, he may still be toiling away in QLD, working as a tradesman.

He's gone overseas, to play Rugby League in a full time capacity.

Manly already have Cullen, Brown and Koroisou (and now Hastings). If Fulton / Barrett deem he is maybe number 3 or 4 in that pecking order, I'd hope he's pretty damned glad he was told this early, rather than potentially languishing in Blacktown.

For the record, Parcell would still be my first choice Hooker in all of that, so footy wise I disagree with the move, but lets be fair, Manly isn't the ugly ogre articles like this portray.

Parcell was quoted, and I'll take his word for it. Not some clueless nub at Sporting News, saying, "this is what he really thinks".

FMD the media (and social media) wreck the atmosphere and culture of certain clubs.

I agree only in part Ryan with your comments. I also dont think Parcell would have been as caustic as being implied by that article, but I do think, like Buhrer, he was pushed. I understand they have only a certain amount of money to spend and hard business decisions have to be made. But they seem to have a preference to the solid no nonsense performer who wont win you games but will hold the line, rather than the creative types who can win you games. Buhrer, Gutherson, Parcell are perfect examples of that, a trio who add an X factor to their play, rather than just solid efforts.

And I suspect Parcell would have been playing first grade for Brisbane if he had stayed there. The Sea Eagles have been making some very strange recruitment decisions in recent years. A real mixed bag of potentially excellent youngsters and a lot of mediocre, but reasonably solid types. And then they seem to be expecting miracles in their first year, even not taking into consideration injury. Almost knee jerk reactions. My main concern is that they are risking going like Canterbury at the moment. Solid but not very creative

I agree only in part Ryan with your comments. I also dont think Parcell would have been as caustic as being implied by that article, but I do think, like Buhrer, he was pushed. I understand they have only a certain amount of money to spend and hard business decisions have to be made. But they seem to have a preference to the solid no nonsense performer who wont win you games but will hold the line, rather than the creative types who can win you games. Buhrer, Gutherson, Parcell are perfect examples of that, a trio who add an X factor to their play, rather than just solid efforts.

And I suspect Parcell would have been playing first grade for Brisbane if he had stayed there. The Sea Eagles have been making some very strange recruitment decisions in recent years. A real mixed bag of potentially excellent youngsters and a lot of mediocre, but reasonably solid types. And then they seem to be expecting miracles in their first year, even not taking into consideration injury. Almost knee jerk reactions. My main concern is that they are risking going like Canterbury at the moment. Solid but not very creative

Don't you want us to be a Top 4 team Bearfax?
We've gotta start somewhere

Matt Parcell (and a lot of the other players that have been moved on), can't be too pissed about Manly. The club gave him (and others) their start. Without that, he may still be toiling away in QLD, working as a tradesman.

Manly already have Cullen, Brown and Koroisou (and now Hastings). If Fulton / Barrett deem he is maybe number 3 or 4 in that pecking order, I'd hope he's pretty damned glad he was told this early, rather than potentially languishing in Blacktown.

For the record, Parcell would still be my first choice Hooker in all of that, so footy wise I disagree with the move, but lets be fair, Manly isn't the ugly ogre articles like this portray.

Parcell was quoted, and I'll take his word for it. Not some clueless nub at Sporting News, saying, "this is what he really thinks".

FMD the media (and social media) wreck the atmosphere and culture of certain clubs.
Read that as well and thought jeez this is garbage even for this site!

Don't you want us to be a Top 4 team Bearfax?
We've gotta start somewhere

Stuboot, I want us to have the spark again to WIN the premiership, not just be a top four side like Canterbury. And do you think not having Buhrer, Gutherson and Parcell improves our chances of getting back into the top four, especially with a load of steady journeymen to rely on as replacements

Stuboot, I want us to have the spark again to WIN the premiership, not just be a top four side like Canterbury. And do you think not having Buhrer, Gutherson and Parcell improves our chances of getting back into the top four, especially with a load of steady journeymen to rely on as replacements
Spark ? Sironen is a more creative and more powerful forward than Buhrer . Tom Turbo is the one we kept and he is a more devastating back than Gutho . Parcel has not been as explosive in the NRL as he has been in the lower level QLD cup . Hasting is a match winning 83% goal kicker with a better general kicking game with great vision and passing
We will agree to disagree and wait and let the 2017 season do the talking

He is a qualified engineer, who completed uni while making his way up to NRL.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8