[Resurrected] Parcell the next to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The announcement blurb referred about 3 times to developing a relationship with the Rhinos. Pretty clear inference, the traffic is not to be all one way. I wonder if they have a decent centre who'd be interested in coming to the NRL?
On second reading, there are no less than 7 comments praising Rhinos and talking up a link between the clubs! This is definitely not just about Parcell.
I have convinced myself that offering up a promising young player in Parcell was a gesture of good faith. In return, Manly will get Watkins, if not for next season then the one after.
#educatedguesswork
;)

I wish Parcell every success in England, but he only ever impressed me in one game and that was the Auckland 9's.

He plays a good game and has all the skills, but for mine he had 14 opportunities to do the one thing a hooker HAS to do and didn't.

Grab the game by the scuff of the neck and dominate the middle.

And if you are talking about a big, dominant pack well I think that's what we are building towards. A back row of Marty, Jake and Curtis Sironen certainly isn't small.
with possibly S Lane off the bench ... not exactly tiny either

I wish Parcell every success in England, but he only ever impressed me in one game and that was the Auckland 9's.

He plays a good game and has all the skills, but for mine he had 14 opportunities to do the one thing a hooker HAS to do and didn't.

That one good game in the Auckland 9s made Parcel an Immortal to some on here Woodsie and they already think our 2017 season is finished.
Some have not renewed their membership
Some are not going to another game
Some are Gonski with Gutho and have joined the Parramatta eels
and the rest of us are birds of a feather that always stick together
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
imagesMJHQ3M8Q.jpg

I would prefer Parcell to Beale as Beale is absolute garbage

Fulton said that we are well off for hookers Who do we have? Api who is a crap tackler and throws passes like a two year old?

"Manly have great respect for Gary Hetherington and the Rhinos. They are a professionally run club and the Rhinos will be a good fit for Matt Parcell who is a young player starting out on his career,’’ Fulton said.

“We are well off for hookers and this gives Matt a wonderful opportunity at a great club. Hopefully it is the start of a long term association between the clubs. The owners of the Sea Eagles, the Penn family, have great respect for the Rhinos.”

We have plenty

Pratt
Pearsal
Parcell
Ballin
Hodges

And Api grabbed every game by the scruff of the neck!! His role ain't to score the odd try and put on a big hit while missing 3 others. His role is to run a football side around the paddock and if you think he does that then that will do me.

Korisau is 4 years or more into an NRL career and can't pass a football, the other bloke had an injury plagued first year in a team that was being belted weekly.

Playing NRL is a learning curve.To punt him after 14 injury interrupted games for a bloke who has shown he can't cut it in that position is simply ridiculous.

Fine cut him if you have Jake Friend or Cam Smith in your ranks but Api Korisau ,Lewis Brown and PETA Godinet. Good luck with that.

Michael Lichaa is the only guy in the NRL hooking ranks who passes as badly left to right as AK Would be nice to have both of them in our ranks.We could play 9 forwards and 3 left side backs with the fullback chiming in .

I don't quite understand how people think Brown as a back up hooker is not a decent option. He's a good tackler at that position, can actually move out of dummy half, with a pre-season of passing he'll be fine. I've said before NZ select him there to start when Luke is injured. If he's the NZ #2 option at hooker surely he's good enough there for us.

And Api grabbed every game by the scruff of the neck!! His role ain't to score the odd try and put on a big hit while missing 3 others. His role is to run a football side around the paddock and if you think he does that then that will do me.

Korisau is 4 years or more into an NRL career and can't pass a football, the other bloke had an injury plagued first year in a team that was being belted weekly.

Playing NRL is a learning curve.To punt him after 14 injury interrupted games for a bloke who has shown he can't cut it in that position is simply ridiculous.

Fine cut him if you have Jake Friend or Cam Smith in your ranks but Api Korisau ,Lewis Brown and PETA Godinet. Good luck with that.

Whether or not Api is a good hooker or can pass or not is totally irrelevant to my comments and opinion of Parcell.

Would have been happy to keep nurturing Parcell, but if a group of blokes with some 1000 FG games and involvement in about 10 Grandfinals between them, and who have been with him at training for a year, don't think he is the goods. I'm not going to drop my lollies over it.

But you feel free to scream the sky is falling.

A pre season of passing!!! Passing is an inbuilt skill borne from years of coaching and muscle memory. If a ball playing first grade player can't pass a f...ing football in his mid to late twenties then he can't pass a football period.

Can't believe this stuff that all AK and Brown have to do is learn to pass and they will be fine...what have they been doing for 20!years. It's ludicrous.

Whether or not Api is a good hooker or can pass or not is totally irrelevant to my comments and opinion of Parcell.

Would have been happy to keep nurturing Parcell, but if a group of blokes with some 1000 FG games and involvement in about 10 Grandfinals between them, and who have been with him at training for a year, don't think he is the goods. I'm not going to drop my lollies over it.

But you feel free to scream the sky is falling.
The same group who lured Myles,Brown and AK to the club for 1 million plus per year between them... those guys ??

Sky ain't falling ... we just won't win many games with no viable number 9 or viable backup. Pretty simple ...

And how cannot Parcell leaving be irrelevant to AKs ability. Parcell leaving makes him our only hooker option. That is the point!

Last edited:
The same group who lured Myles,Brown and AK to the clib for 1 million plus per year between them... those guys ??

Sky ain't falling ... we just won't win many games with no viable number 9 or viable backup. Pretty simple ...

And how cannot Parcell leaving be irrelevant to AKs ability. Parcell leaving makes him our only hooker option. That is the point!

Yep, those guys.

I simply don't have as low an opinion of Myles, Brown and Api as you. Whilst it is a fact that Myles didn't have a stellar year he was not as bad as some claim, and is solid without being spectacular. Brown was called upon to do everything other than what he is good at, and that is a good bench utility. If you judge him as a starting centre or 2nd rower he will always come up short.

And love Api, faults and all, and would suggest DCE and co. also prefer him to Parcell, otherwise Parcell would still be here.

Yep, those guys.

I simply don't have as low an opinion of Myles, Brown and Api as you. Whilst it is a fact that Myles didn't have a stellar year he was not as bad as some claim, and is solid without being spectacular. Brown was called upon to do everything other than what he is good at, and that is a good bench utility. If you judge him as a starting centre or 2nd rower he will always come up short.

And love Api, faults and all, and would suggest DCE and co. also prefer him to Parcell, otherwise Parcell would still be here.
Loving blokes who play with vigour but have major faults in key positions, particularly when we are left with no other options,is admirable but won't win us footy games.Weakening an already weak position is foolish.

Anyway we agree to disageee.Time will tell.

Y

Do you think that DCE and Co would have any say in player signings and retention?

Not likely with Fulton running the show.

Bhurer and Symonds were DCE's best mates at the club yet Fulton got rid of both of them.

Yep, those guys.

So you're suggesting DCE & co may of had a say in Parcell moving on?They must not of wanted Buhrer there too hey?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8