[Resurrected] Parcell the next to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Spark ? Sironen is a more creative and more powerful forward than Buhrer . Tom Turbo is the one we kept and he is a more devastating back than Gutho . Parcel has not been as explosive in the NRL as he has been in the lower level QLD cup . Hasting is a match winning 83% goal kicker with a better general kicking game with great vision and passing
We will agree to disagree and wait and let the 2017 season do the talking

You are lucky mate. You have moved past turkey level to becoming a prize goose. Otherwise you would have been on the table tomorrow.

I'm not sure how you are going to respond but let's just remember the things you have posted about me in the past feathered friend.

Sironen better than Buhrer. You have no idea.

You are lucky mate. You have moved past turkey level to becoming a prize goose. Otherwise you would have been on the table tomorrow.

I'm not sure how you are going to respond but let's just remember the things you have posted about me in the past feathered friend.

Sironen better than Buhrer. You have no idea.
I am no goose , I am a Sea eagle just like you are and you are entitled to your opinion on Buhrer and the coaching staff , my self and other supporters are entitled to ours as this is what this forum is all about .
Nothing personal from me feathered friend and at the end of the day we all love our beloved Sea eagles
Merry Christmas and Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
images5S2N73VG.jpg

I am no goose , I am a Sea eagle just like you are and you are entitled to your opinion on Buhrer and the coaching staff , my self and other supporters are entitled to ours as this is what this forum is all about .
Nothing personal from me feathered friend and at the end of the day we all love our beloved Sea eagles
Merry Christmas and Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
View attachment 4597
That's rubbish mate. But nice try. Merry Christmas. You don't recall calling me a dickhead?

I don't remember but if I did I sincerely apologize .
Apology accepted. You seem like an okay dude but you need to let some of us blow off some steam.

The more you blindly promote the bozo is God and has it all sorted the less opportunity you give us to come around to this point of view.

And let's face it we don't really have a choice.

I think sironen and Hastings are great pick ups but man I wish Jamie Buhrer was still at the club. That bloke was all class and I guess it's just my opinion but you risk another ACL for that.

Merry christmas @BOZO, love your passion. Have a safe and happy holiday period - and a premiership winning 2017!

Apology accepted. You seem like an okay dude but you need to let some of us blow off some steam.

The more you blindly promote the bozo is God and has it all sorted the less opportunity you give us to come around to this point of view.

I think sironen and Hastings are great pick ups but man I wish Jamie Buhrer was still at the club. That bloke was all class and I guess it's just my opinion but you risk another ACL for that.

Merry christmas @BOZO, love your passion. Have a safe and happy holiday period - and a premiership winning 2017!

Our Passion for our Sea eagles sometimes get the better of all us on here .
Merry Christmas to you and your family as well .

Spark ? Sironen is a more creative and more powerful forward than Buhrer . Tom Turbo is the one we kept and he is a more devastating back than Gutho . Parcel has not been as explosive in the NRL as he has been in the lower level QLD cup . Hasting is a match winning 83% goal kicker with a better general kicking game with great vision and passing
We will agree to disagree and wait and let the 2017 season do the talking

Sironen more creative than Buhrer? I must have missed something. Potentially he may become that but no way up to now would you say Sironen is more creative. As for the TT and Gutherson comparison, I think you're missing the whole point. I acknowledged we had a group of talented young players.

The comparison was never with them. It was with 25 year old Matt Wright, 29 year old Jonathan Wright, 29 year old Uate, 30 year old Brown, and not forgetting a whole string of players they had this year that they have let go. Solid journeymen Bozo but not players who will win you matches. Most struggled to make first grade for past clubs. Gutherson is already recognised as one of Parra's best up and comers, Parcell was being spoken of as a future SOO hooker to replace Smith, and Buhrer was one of the few players this year who made a difference when he returned from injury.

I'm a great fan of Fulton mate, my favourite all time player. Doesnt mean he is God.

Sironen more creative than Buhrer? I must have missed something. Potentially he may become that but no way up to now would you say Sironen is more creative. As for the TT and Gutherson comparison, I think you're missing the whole point. I acknowledged we had a group of talented young players.

The comparison was never with them. It was with 25 year old Matt Wright, 29 year old Jonathan Wright, 29 year old Uate, 30 year old Brown, and not forgetting a whole string of players they had this year that they have let go. Solid journeymen Bozo but not players who will win you matches. Most struggled to make first grade for past clubs. Gutherson is already recognised as one of Parra's best up and comers, Parcell was being spoken of as a future SOO hooker to replace Smith, and Buhrer was one of the few players this year who made a difference when he returned from injury.

I'm a great fan of Fulton mate, my favourite all time player. Doesnt mean he is God.
1. Parcel never played like a future SOO player at our club .
2. Buhrer is a running forward and Sironen is a ball playing forward
3. Gutho is not on any rep selectors list
Which rep player would he replace ?
He ain't no superstar
4. The fact is we cant keep them all but we have kept the best young back in the game in TT.
5. I didn't say Bozo was God but he is an Immortal which is pretty close :)
6. Merry Christmas to you and your family Bearfax !!!

Agree with some comments. Dont agree with other comments. But that's for later debate. Same to you Bozo. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Tooves could've blooded Gutho @ 5/8, but didn't. Gutho left with the promise of Parra's No 1, even he had no idea he'd become a half...just bad luck for us really. Wright was signed due to the injury toll, cap already allocated, 11th hour signing. Uate was signed because we lack genuine pace & because he might still be a SOO winger???? At the very least, we get speed & power. Buhrer, as much as I've always liked him, is too small to start in the backrow. He doesn't even make the bench in my side, I want bigger, more powerful forwards! Why then would you keep him in reggies???? Parcell did nothing, so no loss. Hastings is a huge signing IMO, plenty of upside there. Ready made cover for the halves, possibly a bench spot.
Green, Uate, Lane, Sironen, Cullen, Kelly, Perrett & Hastings is an impressive recruitment drive.

Last edited:
Stuboot, I want us to have the spark again to WIN the premiership, not just be a top four side like Canterbury. And do you think not having Buhrer, Gutherson and Parcell improves our chances of getting back into the top four, especially with a load of steady journeymen to rely on as replacements

Bearfax, solid is a big improvement from where we were last season. We need to walk before we can run.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love us to be a creative & flamboyant side again but I'd rather us have something like the Dogs' record over the past few years than, say the Tigers wouldn't you agree?

Hmm. StuBoot. I recall almost identical comments to these at the beginning of the 2106 season. Manly in the 4, Manly for premiers. Great recruiting by Manly. Other than Taupau, Walker , Parcell and Api what did we get? A group of solid reserve grade journeymen, shown the door and now mostly playing minor grades elsewhere

Hmm. StuBoot. I recall almost identical comments to these at the beginning of the 2106 season. Manly in the 4, Manly for premiers. Great recruiting by Manly. Other than Taupau, Walker , Parcell and Api what did we get? A group of solid reserve grade journeymen, shown the door and now mostly playing minor grades elsewhere

And that will happen again at the end of this year. Those that don't shape up will be shipped out. But what we will have left is the solid performers that you need to compliment the 3/4 stars.

We have 2 genuine stars in DCE and Tom. Add 2 more at he end of'17 when the big names become available and we are a threat again.

Pointless arguing about loss players we support who we have.
To me it is crucial Dce, tom perform but Dylan walker needs to be among our best every game as does tapau.

Not if we keep letting the potential ones slip through our fingers

Ageed, but there lies the rub. It is evident that whilst we are all passionate Eagles fans with decades of watching football amongst us .... we can not agree on who has potential and who hasn't.

I thought Hiku was an OK first grader .... many thought him a star.
I thought Parcell talented but lacking .... many thought him a future star.

etc, etc.

I think the model we are working to is starting to resemble Melb,
ie 3/4 genuine superstars complimented by 10 hardworking talented extras, acquired at minimum expense.

I look upon this year (and last) as the casting couch for the extras. Shape up or ship out, no downside Then next year just add 2 more superstars in the positions req'd.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4