Pangai Jr Signs with Bulldogs for 3 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Screenshot_20210720-053213_Samsung Internet.jpg

He is a Jane of the highest order and a huge problem off the field. He will look like a world beater at times but is just like Fifita - goes missing for most of the game only to pop up to do something special. Far far too inconsistent and will get in trouble off the field. No Tarzan with this guy that is for sure!

Bred not bought. Is their mantra.
Backyard breeders? Perhaps not. That would imply that despite their poor breeding programs they still do take local stock. I’d say there is an element of this perhaps.

However I like to think they enrich their stock with puppy mill offcasts. The pups reared in large breeding programs that with the slightest flaw are cast aside. Yes the dogs that others don’t want or are let go from the mill for way too much $$$.

Seriously you can talk about talent all you like it’s culture that breeds success (no pun intended). And with guys like tpj, Vaughan, Naden, Duffy n co they are hardly doing themselves any favors imo.

They’re starting to look like a decent team but as Manly have shown prior to this year,you need a lot more than just a very good starting 13.Wont take too many injuries for that Dogs side to look like they currently do.I suppose that’s what Gould’s there for,to fix up their development

Backyard breeders? Perhaps not. That would imply that despite their poor breeding programs they still do take local stock. I’d say there is an element of this perhaps.

However I like to think they enrich their stock with puppy mill offcasts. The pups reared in large breeding programs that with the slightest flaw are cast aside. Yes the dogs that others don’t want or are let go from the mill for way too much $$$.

Seriously you can talk about talent all you like it’s culture that breeds success (no pun intended). And with guys like tpj, Vaughan, Naden, Duffy n co they are hardly doing themselves any favors imo.
Kind of similar to a footballing version of the retail outlet “the reject shop” maybe that’s being a bit harsh on guys like JAC and Burton, never mind, will be interesting to see how they go next year. They may even surprise a few who knows, they actually haven’t played to bad the last couple of weeks, despite losing. Time will tell I guess.

Kind of similar to a footballing version of the retail outlet “the reject shop” maybe that’s being a bit harsh on guys like JAC and Burton, never mind, will be interesting to see how they go next year. They may even surprise a few who knows, they actually haven’t played to bad the last couple of weeks, despite losing. Time will tell I guess.
More like Tigers 2.0

And apparently to Penrith for the rest of this year according to Foxsports…

I am not sure how I feel about the top teams being able to materially bolster their stocks so close to the finals. But it is a direct effect of shifting the transfer deadline to 1 August.

He’s leaving the 15th team for the 16th. Tigers have more upside, not a smart chap.

Yeah sure they get a lot of new faces at dogs next year, but I don’t see a consistent cornerstone player apart from Burton.
I think the Dogs will pass the Tigers in terms of potential just on signings alone.

I'll preface what I'm about to say by saying that have bought some talent and should naturally improve.

That said I'm not overly impressed with their recruitment drive on a whole. It reeks of being desperate and taking who you can get rather than being strategic. Though to be fair you maybe have to be that way when the club is struggling.

People raved about their signings this year but I saw

Flanagan as a youngster ill equipped to be the main main.

Hetherington a firebrand who people love for his agression but a walking suspension with an output that doesnt match his reputation.

Cotric, a great winger being paid centre money when he has no passing game.

Allan, a player that looks good in a strong team but little more.

This season

I rate Burton and Ado Carr is a great winger (who the have paid massive overs for)

Dufty, Naden, TPJ and Vaughan (who I'm presuming they land soon) all have behavioural issues. Whilst the first three run hot and cold.

Pair them with a coach not renowned for discipline and culture and things look risky.

All this and not addressing the biggest area of concern in hooker.

I mean if you can get everyone playing to their potential you have a good team but I see lots of question marks.

1.Dufty?
2.Allen?
3.Cotric?
4.Naden?
5.Addo Carr
6.Burton
7.Averillo
8.Thompson
9.Marshall King?
10.Hethrington?
11.TPJ?
12.Jackson
13.Elliott

Last edited:
You do have to wonder how they're going to remain under the cap, given they have 13 players off-contract and have to compile a squad of 30 players.

Just in the last 12 months, they signed the following:
Cotric - upgraded deal to entice him to leave Canberra
Addo-Carr - highest paid winger in the game (went for fullback money)
Dufty
Burton - Penrith desperate to keep - wouldn't have come cheap
Naden
Allan - QLD Origin winger at time of signing - went for fullback money
Flanagan - Was on good coin at the Chooks as next Nathan Cleary; wouldn't have come cheap
Hethrington - bidding war with a number of clubs - wouldn't have come cheap
Waddell

and now TPJ (reportedly for 2.2m) and Paul Vaughan?

They've still gotta fill the rest of the 30 man squad?!

I'll preface what I'm about to say by saying that have bought dome talent and should naturally improve.

That said I'm not overly impressed with their recruitment drive on a whole. It reeks of being desperate and taking who you can get rather than being strategic. Though to be fair you maybe have to be that way when the club is struggling.

People raved about their signings this year but I saw

Flanagan as a youngster ill equipped to be the main main.

Hetherington a firebrand who people live for his agression but a walking suspension with an output that doesnt match his reputation.

Cotric, a great winger being paid centre money when he has no passing game.

Allen, a player that looks good in a strong team but little more.

This season

I rate Burton and Ado Carr is a great winger (who the have paid massive over for)

Dufty, Naden, TPJ and Vaughan (who I'm presuming they land soon) all have behavioural issues. Whilst the first three run hot and cold.

Pair them with acoach not renowned for discipline and culture and things look risky.

All this and not addressing the biggest area of concern in hooker.

I mean if you can get everyone playing to their potential you have a good team but I see lots of question marks.

1.Dufty?
2.Allen?
3.Cotric?
4.Naden?
5.Addo Carr
6.Burton
7.Averillo
8.Thompson
9.Marshall King?
10.Hethrington?
11.TPJ?
12.Jackson
13.Elliott
Great post!

It's really going to come down to what Barrett does with them...he had a really strong squad at Manly and came up with nothing...and that was a squad whose core group had been together for some time.

All his signings for this year have gone backwards. There was hope that they'd be a chance for the 8 this year...Allan off the back of SOO and a strong finals series at Souths was going to be a great fullback with a good pass; has struggled on the wing?! Flanagan was the next Nathan Cleary due his kicking game and composure; is languishing in reserve grade. Hetherington was a much prized signature after turning down the likes of Manly and Warriors; gives away penalty after penalty due to no brains and poor technique. Cotric was going to move one in from the wing and challenge for a Blues spot again; has been mediocre.

Now they've got Vaughan who was going backwards at Saints..TPJ going backwards in Brisbane...Dufty unwanted due to defensive deficiencies. Addo-Carr in the best system in the NRL; how will go away from it? Burton, a runner, not an organiser; how will he go when he has to run the team? Penrith have struggled at times when he steers the ship.

Also, you've got to consider their culture:
Dufty - went to Vaughan's BBQ and rumours about him not taking criticism well
TPJ - loves a good barber's shop...loves a suspension
Vaughan - need I say any more
Hetherington - most ill-disciplined player in the NRL
Naden - white-line fever
Elliot - loves a good mad Monday romp in the nude and cracking onto teammates partners
Addo-Carr - gronk! Have you heard him speak? Loves getting back to the 'land' with weapons that have nothing to do with the 'land'
Barrett - loves a push up in his undies and a beer after the game

They should change the name of the club to the Canterbury COVIDs; enough of their incoming squad have breached protocols.

So many unknowns as you correctly point out.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4