Overturn the result

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
50/50 calls have been a part of league since 1908 - manly have won games on 7th tackles and last night Walkers try was 50/50 at best he dropped the ball over the line and there was 6inches of separation on still shots all over social media this morning - best to cop it on the chin and not look like a sore loser IMO
Not 50/50 - NRL admitted wrong doing which has directly influenced the result. 50/50s during the game can be taken on chin as they can go either way, and have been since RL started. This one is quite unique.

Remember that game at brookie about 5 years ago where the eels beat us by one try and their winger made a break and passed the ball approx 10m forward and actually out of the hands forward....but they were still given a try.....
I do believe that was the start of Jarhead Haynes NFL career - I recall it was him with the quarterback play that won the game

The NRL admitting the pass not being forward would surely make a case for the result to be overturned. I know it would set a precedent but this was clearly the last play of the game with 40.seconds left and there would have been no time for a restart. Its a unique case which could not be argued for other games unless it was just n the same circumstances. No time for a restart is a big factor here also with the descion being admitted as wrong and the try movement having been completed unaffected.

You're 100% correct. The NRL don't realise they MUST overturn this result to prevent an even worse drama.

What you've described is at EXTREME risk in every golden point game. So far the NRL have gotten away with it happening.

And lets not forget the NRL already has different rules for the last five minutes in the normal time too.

What I mean is this. Say what happened last night was actually in gold point time. Or in a golden point knock out semi final? The ref wrongly call's a forward pass, a scrum is set and then the opposition scores a field goal and wins the game. But the NRL admits the disallowed try should have stood, meaning the game was over/won with that try. What does the NRL do then?

I know what they will say, but it is a hopeless answer. They will say what happened on the field is not possible of being overturned and NRL clubs have all signed playing agreements with the NRL that acknowledge that.

But that won't prevent the public outrage.

They need to reintroduce the video replay for forward passes. Not to scrutinse with 15 replays the ridiculous flat pass, but to just make sure of correcting with one replay the obvious howlers like last night.

They only got rid of video replay because of that stoopid Kogarah Oval and the impossible camera angles in the hillside corners. Bring back video replays and don't play on ovals like Kogarah, SCG or North Sydney Oval.

Last edited:
**** happens ( and usually happens to us) and we just need to get on with it. The real killer here is that it is effectively a four point turnaround in the final four battle with one of our main rivals in a shortened season. And we all know what history says happens when you miss the four...

As angry as I was about what happened last night, I know that no game will have its result changed. Over the years we have benefitted from calls, as much as I love our 78 premiership, we got a hand in the semi replay from 7 tackles and we suffered in the 95 and 13 grand finals with dodgy calls costing us any chance of winning those games. We need to be better as a game, we have the technology and if we are going to persist with a captains challenge then everything must in play because it is easy to determine if a ball is thrown forward out of the hands of the attacker, that was obvious last night and the NRL admitted that they got it wrong!

**** happens ( and usually happens to us) and we just need to get on with it. The real killer here is that it is effectively a four point turnaround in the final four battle with one of our main rivals in a shortened season. And we all know what history says happens when you miss the four...
Even bigger reason they shouldnt just get over it. Unique season calls for unique decisions. This is ine that can and should be overturned. The golden point argument is valid, this was a golden point play with no further restart.

Surely there could be an opportunity for a captain 's challenge on a match defining call like that . Fair point about the ref "s whistle affecting the defensive side but looked a legitimate try in every way and any bunker worth even half their salt would have been obliged to overturn the ruling and award properly the try .

Lots of dodgy probable knockons in tries in the game last night too.
it should have been 20-19 for sure, but manly gotta work harder in the minute pre and post halftime.

Even bigger reason they shouldnt just get over it. Unique season calls for unique decisions. This is ine that can and should be overturned. The golden point argument is valid, this was a golden point play with no further restart.
Hey we all understand the sentiment but no game result has ever been changed and no game result will ever be changed. Just the way it is. Simple as that .All I know is Des won’t have them dwelling on it. Run out thinking about spilt milk and you lose.

Hey we all understand the sentiment but no game result has ever been changed and no game result will ever be changed. Just the way it is. Simple as that .
Hahaha LOL big call. It will one day and my bet is against us, since we’re the bearer of most firsts. Theres always a first, simple as that!

Hey we all understand the sentiment but no game result has ever been changed and no game result will ever be changed. Just the way it is. Simple as that .All I know is Des won’t have them dwelling on it. Run out thinking about spilt milk and you lose.
100% they shouldn’t, dwelling on things is our job. Otherwise lets just shut the forum down and only have match day discussions. LOL.

The only way...... to Overturn the result will be when we get to dance once again with the eels . We know we beat them fair and square and we can beat them once gain .
i can see the result last night be the making of us this season.

us against them mentality as we like it.

to me Parra can’t play any better us we have a lot of improvement in us.

winner this year will come from raiders, storm roosters or us.

parra even after last night not in the same class, they will be found out.

100% they shouldn’t, dwelling on things is our job. Otherwise lets just shut the forum down and only have match day discussions. LOL.
I have no idea what you are talking about mate
“ even bigger reason THEY shouldnt get over it “
was your quote
. Use “we” if you don’t mean the team

As I said **** happens. Tommy didnt pin it on the refs and he threw the pass.It’s fish and chip wrapping now. Tough teams get on with it and this is a tough team.

Des has broncos In his sights

• 👍
Reactions: NBE

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12