Overturn the result

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I just had a browse at 1eyedeel and it looks like they are having the same physics 'debate' that was on here.

But yes most of them think it was forward.

How did the betting agencies handle this, they should have paid out people who backed a Manly win and made a big point of letting the nrl know that at least they were doing the right thing
Funny you should ask this, in the past some did, as an act of good faith, but it was at their discretion and didn't always apply, I think it was called a Justice Dividend, I remember Sportsbet paying me out on a result that lost when the team was unfairly beaten due to a refereeing decision.

As much as there was zero doubt that we should have won the game, overturning a result sets a very bad precedent. I think I'd rather just cop it and move on.

I really hope the 2 points doesn't alter the make up of the 8 but I fail to see how it won't. Adding 2 points to our total and subtracting 2 from the Slime will almost certainly change the final positions of the 8.

My ideal scenario would be the Worms going on a massive losing streak and missing out altogether.

I hate them. And not just a little bit either.

Last edited:
As much as there was zero doubt that we should have won the game, overturning a result sets are very bad precedent. I think I'd rather just cop it and move on.

I really hope the 2 points doesn't alter the make up of the 8 but I fail to see how it won't. Adding 2 points to our total and subtracting 2 from the Slime will almost certainly change the final positions of the 8.

My ideal scenario would be the Worms going on a massive losing streak and missing out altogether.

I hate them. And not just a little bit either.

it’ll make a difference all right especially in this short season and so many games being 50/50.

They are in the box seat now.

We have a lot of work to do.

1591591759155.jpeg

Fingers look on the ball to me. If that's the best people have to show separation then that's sweet.

We seem to have some new 'manly fans' determined to show us either the pass was forward, other teams have had the same call go against them (especially the storm for some reason) and that Walker's try was a no try so we should be thankful.

Just a reminder, we do welcome fans from other teams, just don't be a knob.
No need to be an eel/dog/storm in Eagles clothing either.

Totally not referring to anyone in particular.

If we would have made more meters up front we win the game. Our players cost us the game, not the ref.
Disagree. We didn't touch the ball for the 1st 6 minutes or so and he was a lame duck on the 6 agains for us... many times they infringed the ruck and he lets it go. Gillard made the most meters out of the forwards and he's rubbish.... I wonder why.
Ps ill agree dce cost us the rest did us proud

League great Phil Gould has unloaded on NRL referees for focusing too much on tries that could be disallowed due to marginal decisions in the wake of the Tom Trbojevic blunder on the weekend.

Gould's comments came after a controversial play late in Manly's defeat against Parramatta, where a last-minute Sea Eagles try was disallowed due to a pass from Trbojevic being ruled forward prior to Rueben Garrick crossing the try line.

"What I say about our referees is they've got to get out of this habit of looking for the one percent chance that it's a no-try.

"It doesn't matter if it's obstruction or whatever, it's like they're trying to find something no one else is seeing, it drives me mad.

"On this one percent chance that it could have been a non-try, they want to find that one percent thing, rather than saying, 'If it looks like a try, it is a try'.

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's a duck."

Gould continued his rant on the referees, suggesting that the touch judges were ill-equipped for the job.

"The poor blokes on the sideline, they're not ready for this," he said.

"What would make him think that ball has gone forward out of the hand? I just don't get it.

"I don't understand why they're looking for that little (error), that's not the nature of the rule anyway.

"It was accentuated by the fact, which they should be taught, that Trbojevic gets hit as he passes which makes it look like the ball floats forward."

Yes, dud call resulting in a loss for us but I take a lot of confidence out of the fact that despite Parra playing to the best of their abilities & us playing scrappily in the first half & bombing a few opportunities in the second half, we caught up to them & (technically) beat them.

We have room for improvement, Parra don't.

In case it hasn't dawned on everyone yet, we are 4 points from the top of the table.

If the result were reversed, we'd be 1 point off first.

And we thought it would take until the end of the season to have an impact ?

League great Phil Gould has unloaded on NRL referees for focusing too much on tries that could be disallowed due to marginal decisions in the wake of the Tom Trbojevic blunder on the weekend.

Gould's comments came after a controversial play late in Manly's defeat against Parramatta, where a last-minute Sea Eagles try was disallowed due to a pass from Trbojevic being ruled forward prior to Rueben Garrick crossing the try line.

"What I say about our referees is they've got to get out of this habit of looking for the one percent chance that it's a no-try.

"It doesn't matter if it's obstruction or whatever, it's like they're trying to find something no one else is seeing, it drives me mad.

"On this one percent chance that it could have been a non-try, they want to find that one percent thing, rather than saying, 'If it looks like a try, it is a try'.

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's a duck."

Gould continued his rant on the referees, suggesting that the touch judges were ill-equipped for the job.

"The poor blokes on the sideline, they're not ready for this," he said.

"What would make him think that ball has gone forward out of the hand? I just don't get it.

"I don't understand why they're looking for that little (error), that's not the nature of the rule anyway.

"It was accentuated by the fact, which they should be taught, that Trbojevic gets hit as he passes which makes it look like the ball floats forward."

Yep, I've always thought that unless it's bloody obvious, let it go.
To call a pass forward you need to be sure it's been thrown forward in my opinion.
I'd even cop it if the Turbo scenario was the same but it ended up floating heaps forward so to anyone watching could argue he passed it before the line and Garrick caught it two metres in front of the line - technically he threw it backwards but for all intents and purposes it "looked" forward.
Norman got pulled up for one yesterday that went backwards too, what are they thinking?
The blatant forward passes from dummy half are easier to see but they rarely get pulled up by the touchie, it's generally the ref that calls those.

Strange they can definitively call a ball forward but can't call any one of 11 players in a defensive line a step or two in front of the ref?

It should be like a protest in racing if the refs agree they made a mistake on tries only then it should be upheld.The side that protested should get the points.

See video of Mitchell's Turbo style legal forward pass here is properly not called back and delivers a try. Passed backwards before the line, but caught well past the line.

See video of Mitchell's Turbo style legal forward pass here is properly not called back and delivers a try. Passed backwards before the line, but caught well past the line.

Ye nah that was forward all day

Mitchell does technically have a better pass than Turbo.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10