Overturn the result

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Eaglehauser

Die Hard
The NRL admitting the pass not being forward would surely make a case for the result to be overturned. I know it would set a precedent but this was clearly the last play of the game with 40.seconds left and there would have been no time for a restart. Its a unique case which could not be argued for other games unless it was just n the same circumstances. No time for a restart is a big factor here also with the descion being admitted as wrong and the try movement having been completed unaffected.

How did the betting agencies handle this, they should have paid out people who backed a Manly win and made a big point of letting the nrl know that at least they were doing the right thing

I guess the overpaid touchie (on a refs salary) will get a nice ‘on full pay’ holiday

Unlike the other crap decisions we’ve endured in the past. This actually relies on no variables or small percentages for possibilities. This is clear as day. Very rare occurance which cannot be duplicated.
  1. play is completed as a try unaffected
  2. 40 sec lect means no time for restart hence no miracle play
  3. NRL admitted the wrong decision, no 50/50
  4. Result did not rely on a successful goal kick

Last edited:
I am also into what you are into but unfortunately its not going to happen
Our boys will have to take this matter in to their own hands when they meet the lucky eels once again
Probably not but worth testing id say by the eagles legals.

Unfortunately this happens to all teams we just have to wear it and come back bigger and better from it next time around

• 👍
Reactions: NBE
Impossible to overturn. Just take the decision and move on.

lets concentrate on the wounded Broncos whom will be out to prove that they arent the wooden spoon favourites.

This is a dead-end argument unfortunately.

It was a rubbish call and it cost us the game, but it can't be un-done.

If you want to overturn the result of this game then it just opens a massive can of worms.
Thats the beauty of it, it actually doesnt. Hard series of events to duplicate. All other types of refs calks could have been checked by video ref except this, captains challenge would have overturned it on the field if not a forward pass call. Bo time for a restart rules out all other variables. Unless teams can put such a iron clad case forward, there cannot be any worms. Final nail was NRL admitting wrong call, bot just saying 50/50. Dessie said it in the presser “so we won”.

Did any Parra player slow down, or drop off in intensity once the whistle was blown ?

All Gutho needs to say is that he heard the whistle blow, and didn't put 100% into tackling Garrick.
I watched that and no way he can say he did, his reaction at letting Garrick through is enough. He was trying his hardest. All the players were suprised after the play ended.

Thats the beauty of it, it actually doesnt. Hard series of events to duplicate. All other types of refs calks could have been checked by video ref except this, captains challenge would have overturned it on the field if not a forward pass call. Bo time for a restart rules out all other variables. Unless teams can put such a iron clad case forward, there cannot be any worms. Final nail was NRL admitting wrong call, bot just saying 50/50. Dessie said it in the presser “so we won”.

Suppose the Sea Eagles do submit a case to the NRL (which would be a waste of resources better spent elsewhere, but I digress). The Parramatta players could say they put less effort into tackling Garrick after they heard the touch judge + ref call 'Forward Pass'. So how would you disprove that.

It was a garbage way to end a good game, and it cost us 2 competition points, but nothing can be done about it now.

Remember that game at brookie about 5 years ago where the eels beat us by one try and their winger made a break and passed the ball approx 10m forward and actually out of the hands forward....but they were still given a try.....

I watched that and no way he can say he did, his reaction at letting Garrick through is enough. He was trying his hardest. All the players were suprised after the play ended.

Ive just re-watched it, and the Parra 6 with the blond hair most definately had an opportunity to get involved as Garrick was getting over Gutherson, and chose not to fully commit.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8