Overreaction

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't know that Segeyaro would have been eligible would he ?

I'm all for excuses if there is some semblance of doing the basics well. But we looked like a park footy side last night. Our kicking game was worse than park footy actually. Was there any period of more than one set when we looked like we were in control of what we were doing ?? Didn't feel like it. Just a horrible game of footy, made worst by the fact that the Dragons were only just slightly better than us. We play like that against any of the better sides they would have put 40 or 50 on us.

Looks like we may have come out of it without any serious injuries so that is a positive. Burbo might not pass concussion protocols before Thursday but Davey should be back. So let's just move on and put it down to the St George hoodoo. That was our worst game all year and has to be our floor.

... After all, it's a game.
Now it seems there's just constant player bagging, coach bagging, club bagging, even after wins..
I spend less and less time on here now as the negativity gets me down.
I'm not sure there are more now than there were pre-pandemic. But if there are, maybe not so surprising, what with all the stress and hardship and social isolation.

When I see people genuinely irate at professional sportsmen who have (apparently) treacherously betrayed their trust and crushed their dearest hopes and dreams ... I see people who need our support!!

This kind of suffering must not be allowed to go on. Frankly it's un-American! @:D

1658542712555.png

There's no over reaction. Hunt stepped up, Reynolds stepped up, Keary stepped up, DCE goes missing. Someone explain when it's clear that putting up no pressure bombs isnt working that you might want to try something else. I'm sure a 12 year veteran might have worked out that a change of tactic might be in order. Fu*k me how many more times do we need to witness this mindless sh*t.
Totally agree especially when we have the two most experienced halves in the competition and they should've controlled and dictated that game last night.

You do make your own "luck" by playing up tempo footy. If your defensive line speed is good and you are giving the impression of dominating tackles you'll get some leeway. If you were like us last night, sitting and waiting and struggling to control the ruck speed then the ref is going to err on the side of going against you because you aren't sending a message of being up for the contest. Same when you have the ball, if you are meekly submitting in tackles or getting hit before the ad line and driven back and not fighting for every inch, then the ref will give the benefit to the defence as they are sending a positive intent of trying to dominate. I've said it many times before, we aren't a team that wants to fight and scrap in the tackle when we are in possession. The good teams always managed to get tangled up with the tackler or manage to isolate a marker by pushing through the mark or sideways. How many times last night did Lomax "accidently" end up between Harpers legs when getting up to play the ball and essentially take him out of play ?? We just never seem to do that stuff. Or if we do, we haven't managed to make it the subtle art that fools the refs.
Unfortunately I don't know what the refs are watching during the week in reviewing their games. No matter how much milking goes on, the next weekend is just more of the same.

You're 100% correct as to what is going on, but generally I prefer to watch a game of rugby league.

The people who coach, play, officiate and oversee the NRL, are seemingly getting their jollies off on a completely different form of rugby league and contest from what the supporters watching are hoping to see.

Unfortunately I don't know what the refs are watching during the week in reviewing their games. No matter how much milking goes on, the next weekend is just more of the same.

You're 100% correct as to what is going on, but generally I prefer to watch a game of rugby league.

The people who coach, play, officiate and oversee the NRL, are seemingly getting their jollies off on a completely different form of rugby league and contest from what the supporters watching are hoping to see.
I'm in no doubt that video technology has caused the stop-start, consider-all-possibilities then penalise, nature of RL these days. Everything gets over-analysed. Players are throwing their arms in the air and trying to influence decisions. Players are falling down and feigning interference when the opposition looks to be in a try-scoring position. The Captains Challenge is a dog's breakfast, with Big Brother siding with the refs whenever remotely possible.
There is very little flow to a standard NRL game. At Origin, however, the refs are more in tune with the ebbs-and-flows and don't over-officiate which makes it a much more enjoyable spectacle.

I have for years on Silvertail's seen and heard people strain and stretch to find and make excuses for just about any loss or poor performance ..

And then ... bugger me ... the one game in 10 years when excuses and reasons are falling from the trees ..

1 Jake ruled out with covid 2 days before ..
2 Croker ruled out the day before with covid
3 Davey ruled out the day before covid
4 Our back-up hooker Seggyaro out injured
5 Haumole injured early and a passenger for 70 mins
6 Ben T knocked out early and gooorne
7 Keppie injured and goorne after 20 mins
8 miserable wet conditions
9 A royal REF rooting ..
10 All normal cohesion upset ..

... Everybody is screaming NO EXCUSES WE ARE SHIITE!!!
Yep, it's like rain on your wedding day, isn't it?

For me it justified our reason why not to throw silly money at Walker. He was useless. I expect an NRL player of his experience to have done better. I have concerns for Schuster as our future #6. When he comes on, he contributes little upside, but many mistakes. Tapua, once again, seen better days. I applaud the backs who tried their guts out last night. Tuk, Harper, Tolo, Garrick, Foran never stopped taking hit ups and looking for work. DCE poor kicking game last night.
Spot on.

NYEagle

I'm in no doubt that video technology has caused the stop-start, consider-all-possibilities then penalise, nature of RL these days. Everything gets over-analysed. Players are throwing their arms in the air and trying to influence decisions. Players are falling down and feigning interference when the opposition looks to be in a try-scoring position. The Captains Challenge is a dog's breakfast, with Big Brother siding with the refs whenever remotely possible.
There is very little flow to a standard NRL game. At Origin, however, the refs are more in tune with the ebbs-and-flows and don't over-officiate which makes it a much more enjoyable spectacle.
It's truly ridiculous & just encourages cynical play.

I even noticed Moses appealing to the ref the other night that the Broncos had missed the 10 second window for lodging a captain's challenge!

I know it’s par for the course on Silvertails,but is the majority of folks response to the Dragons loss,an overreaction?We’ve got people(usual suspects)suggesting several players should be dropped and never see first grade again,we have people suggesting other players should of been picked despite those players not even being available(a bugbear of mine as it shows those people don’t do their research yet want to come on ST puffing their chest out)and we have people who just love to blame the refs every week that Manly lose.The facts are,the team has been very good the past 6 weeks,even in the heartbreaking loss to the Cows.Other than the Panthers,every team that wins a few in a row eventually hit a wall at some stage.Penalty counts/6 agains have gone Manly’s way in that time.Many of the much maligned players like Harper and Saab,have been very good in that period.Last nights result was so predictable that I backed the Dragons @$2.35.Even in Manly’s prime over the last 20 yrs,they still struggled against St.George away.For some reason they’re Manly’s bogey side.The players ruled out due to Covid was a big factor given all 3 are classed as “work horses” whilst 2 of them regularly rack up 60+ tackles combined a week.The loss of Croker hurt the most as the back ups were also unavailable.And if Manly fans haven’t realised yet,it was wet and Manly/DCE,turns into the Wicked Witch of the West when there’s the slightest chance of precipitation within a 10km radius of a ground.Other than the potential injury concerns,I think this game should be just forgotten and move onto next week.The side still controls its own destiny and a win next week moves them back into the 8
You are right, but look at the teams just above Manly - Roosters, bunnies, eels, broncos - all NRL darlings that the NRL business will kill to get all in the finals. Above that Storm, Sharks, Cowboys and Panthers who are no chance of missing out.

Regardless, we are playing 14 for the next 6 games. Let’s hope it’s not the best ever Manly side to miss the eight.

NYEagle

It’s Scomo’s fault !!

Buggered if I know why but apparently everything that’s gone wrong the last 6 years is his fault , so that’ll have to do !!

Seriously , see Woodsie’s post above

Move on to the next game .

You are right, but look at the teams just above Manly - Roosters, bunnies, eels, broncos - all NRL darlings that the NRL business will kill to get all in the finals. Above that Storm, Sharks, Cowboys and Panthers who are no chance of missing out.

Regardless, we are playing 14 for the next 6 games. Let’s hope it’s not the best ever Manly side to miss the eight.

NYEagle
The argument to that though is the Raiders.They have a ridiculously easy run home and with all being equal,should make it but that would go against the perceived NRL favouritism.If the Raiders miss out,then questions can be asked of the NRL,obviously no one will question Ricky

Last edited:
An overreaction? I think not.
When is the team ever going to be able to play wet weather football?
When is the team ever going to beat Illawarra away from home?
When will "promising" players such as Keppie and Tent fulfil their promise? This was the match when these two, in particular, had to shoulder more responsibility and shine. Neither have proven that they will ever be good First Graders.
This was the match when the downslide of The Shoe became a freefall. What has happened to this precocious talent this season warrants an overreaction.
Remind me, who is Tent again? Paseka? Sipkey?

It’s Scomo’s fault !!

Buggered if I know why but apparently everything that’s gone wrong the last 6 years is his fault , so that’ll have to do !!

Seriously , see Woodsie’s post above

Move on to the next game .
Well he is a f-ckwit. Read about his little sermon in Perth? Conspiracy theorist nut job.

Let’s hope we never have an abominable, inept clown (did I also mention cynical happyclapper?) like that flog darkening the PM’s chambers again, anytime soon.

He and his equally stupid stumper of a wife thought it was so unfair when the public picked on them for heading off to Hawaii in the middle of a bushfire crisis. Listen honey, if you want to have a private life worthy of the title, get out of public life.

Then stay out.

NYEagle
That's the post of the weekend so far

You look now out of rabbits easts eels raiders and us who would the NRL not want playing finals footy, it's us.

I 100% agree I think we are heavily up against it come the next 6 weeks.

You can bet somehow the NRL will screw us again.

We are the last team the NRL would want to make it out of that bunch of teams

Last edited:
Refs definitely deserve to be scrutinised for last night’s performance. I get that it’s a fast paced game so SOME things can be missed but it’s the players that suffer more intense fatigue by having to go into a physical war every time they step on the field, there’s more than 1 official and the officials have the benefit of reviewing video.

Burbo in his limited time on the field had his head forcefully pushed into the ground for seconds in one tackle. We got nothing for it whereas it would have most likely been a 6 again for the Dragons if it happened to one of their players.

Bird gets pinged for being an agro **** and then decides to take it up a notch and deliberately punch the ball out of Koala’s hand the next set and not get penalised for it. Gets farkin rewarded as DCE decided not to review.

And multiple captain’s challenges of ours were successful. Could have had at least another too. A ref having multiples calls overturned is akin to a player making multiple errors in a game. Refs can and do have shockers.

At the same time we were 5/5 in completions last night, the Dragons had nearly 3 times as many COMPLETED sets (14) at that same point in time. I’m not farkin buying that the Dragons were squeaky clean enough to earn such lopsided possession, especially with an angry **** like Bird in their team.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8