Our first spoon could be 2018. But it wasn't. So there.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
thank God Parra managed to jag a loss. They are playing somewhat like us! After this weekend I am no longer so hopeful about beating Dogs and Titans, even at home. Pretty sure the Cowies won't finish last, they know they owe Thurston more than that. Looks like it is us and Parra, someone is stirring the soup of sh**t. Crowd of about 6000 apparently to watch that shameful loss to Penrith, I wonder how awful our crowds will be in the next few weeks???
I think the clearest barometer that this squad is a pack of phonies bar a few exceptions and not Manly players is the fact that our team plays worse than everyone else at Brookvale.
A ground with historically the highest home ground advantage and this bunch have lost six in a row there. This is not Manly, and Barrett is not Manly and must go.
NYEagle

There is a lot fuc5ing wrong with the club right now. But first step towards being successful again is having quality coaches,Barrett and co are simply not capable. Sure he’s has some sh!t to deal with but most clubs do at some stage.

1. Sack Barrett and co now or seasons end. Bring in a hard headed coach that will bring structure, fitness and fight back to Manly.

2. Club memberships should be offered half price as an apology for the last 12months.

3. Us fans need to stick together and with the club( not owners). Put pressure on Barrett,Penn and administration via Twitter, email, phone calls, petitions or whatever. We MUST be heard. This sh!t in not good enough.

4. We must not walk away. Get angry, get motivated and get ready to fight the good fight.

There is a lot fuc5ing wrong with the club right now. But first step towards being successful again is having quality coaches,Barrett and co are simply not capable. Sure he’s has some sh!t to deal with but most clubs do at some stage.

1. Sack Barrett and co now or seasons end. Bring in a hard headed coach that will bring structure, fitness and fight back to Manly.

2. Club memberships should be offered half price as an apology for the last 12months.

3. Us fans need to stick together and with the club( not owners). Put pressure on Barrett,Penn and administration via Twitter, email, phone calls, petitions or whatever. We MUST be heard. This sh!t in not good enough.

4. We must not walk away. Get angry, get motivated and get ready to fight the good fight.

This would work but people that do are few and far between. And what agenda would we circulate en masse. Everyones is different.

This would work but people that do are few and far between. And what agenda would we circulate en masse. Everyones is different.
great points jbb/James. I think in general Manly fans are more passive and less outspoken( more intelligent) than other fans. But this needs to stop, we need to find our collective voice and let our owners, admin and coaches that this isn’t acceptable. I think you’ll find there is more of us than you think( I hope).

And I think our agenda/message should simply be , we love our club and what’s happening is not acceptable. We the fans OWN the heart and soul of the club. Owners, administrators, coaches are all accountable to us, the fans. But we must must must not walk away from the club, we are it’s beating heart and if we walk, it dies. We must fuc5ing fight...

Unfortunately for all of us we are contenders for Parra’s stronghold on wooden spoons.
Are we really that bad??? The start of the season I was filled with so much hope.
Lussick back from injury, this young Aust schoolboy from Canberra Crocker, Turbo to fill his potential, DCE cementing himself as the best half, Kelly getting better with a season under his belt, Api learning to pass, Marty learning when to pass. I could go on and on.

My hope is now that we just win more than Parra.

****house year is 2018 in my opinion.
If you're not first YOU'RE LAST!!!

great points jbb/James. I think in general Manly fans are more passive and less outspoken( more intelligent) than other fans. But this needs to stop, we need to find our collective voice and let our owners, admin and coaches that this isn’t acceptable. I think you’ll find there is more of us than you think( I hope).

And I think our agenda/message should simply be , we love our club and what’s happening is not acceptable. We the fans OWN the heart and soul of the club. Owners, administrators, coaches are all accountable to us, the fans. But we must must must not walk away from the club, we are it’s beating heart and if we walk, it dies. We must fuc5ing fight...

Sadly we think are important, clearly the owners don’t!

Sadly we think we can influence what happens through our social media rants , but we can’t!

We are simply a commodity , through passion and loyalty we can buy in or as many have done, opt out!

We can demand the coaches be sacked , but clearly it’s not our decision to fork out circa , 1.5 million to do so, so unless the owners want that to happen , it won’t.

We can turn up with banners at games and hope the TV puts them up , they won’t ( well not the anti establishment ones anyway).

There’s no “ board meetings” we as members can attend to voice our displeasure, remember it’s NOT a public company.

I get everyone’s angst, I get everyone’s dissapointment, I get everyone’s anger.

But, at the end of the day it means just this!

**** ALL.

Sadly we think we can influence what happens through our social media rants , but we can’t!

We are simply a commodity , through passion and loyalty we can buy in or as many have done, opt out!

We can demand the coaches be sacked , but clearly it’s not our decision to fork out circa , 1.5 million to do so, so unless the owners want that to happen , it won’t.

We can turn up with banners at games and hope the TV puts them up , they won’t ( well not the anti establishment ones anyway).

There’s no “ board meetings” we as members can attend to voice our displeasure, remember it’s NOT a public company.

I get everyone’s angst, I get everyone’s dissapointment, I get everyone’s anger.

**** ALL.
Every single fan matters Mark. We just have to collectively ban together and really start ramming it home that we are not happy. Eventually someone will listen.

What I really do know is Manly need great fans like you and everyone else at the moment. We all need to voice our displeasure and fight the good fight.

**** ALL.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess that’s me done with Rugby League for the foreseeable future.

Sadly we are a hated club. We are hated by the administrators of the game of the game and we are treated very differently to the remainder of the clubs in the competition, nearly all of the journos hate us and can't resist an opportunity to ring our death bell, the supporters of all of the other clubs hate us thus the saying I have two teams I support - my team and the one playing Manly. To survive in these circumstances you need solidarity, strong leadership and significant commercial support. Our already shaky foundations (shaky following years of internal bickering and personal agendas) have been decimated by an attempt to destroy us firstly via the betting scandal investigation and finally with the trumped up salary cap breaches which could been been brought against many of the other clubs in the competition because of the uncertainty surround TPAs. The NRL clearly have an agenda to expand it's horizons and it appears it sees the death of Manly as a perfect opportunity to achieve that objective. It will be very difficult for us to survive this onslaught.

Sadly we are a hated club. We are hated by the administrators of the game of the game and we are treated very differently to the remainder of the clubs in the competition, nearly all of the journos hate us and can't resist an opportunity to ring our death bell, the supporters of all of the other clubs hate us thus the saying I have two teams I support - my team and the one playing Manly. To survive in these circumstances you need solidarity, strong leadership and significant commercial support. Our already shaky foundations (shaky following years of internal bickering and personal agendas) have been decimated by an attempt to destroy us firstly via the betting scandal investigation and finally with the trumped up salary cap breaches which could been been brought against many of the other clubs in the competition because of the uncertainty surround TPAs. The NRL clearly have an agenda to expand it's horizons and it appears it sees the death of Manly as a perfect opportunity to achieve that objective. It will be very difficult for us to survive this onslaught.
I agree. Therefore the club needs to think pragmatically about a merger/joint-venture. From what I know of him Lyle Gorman is as good a man as any to start considering options.
Personally, I don't want a merge with another Australian RL club but it's worth thinking about linking with Canterbury in NZ who, once again next weekend, will prove to be the strongest rugby region in the world. They are proven winners with a never-ending talent pool. Exactly what Manly needs to remain competitive in the NRL.

Its true, even on fox last night they were saying what an unlucky season Parra have had, and its pretty tough what they are going through, saying its like they are cursed this year?? WTF Cant stand the love fest for some teams and favoritism and hatred tow rads us. Parra have so much cash, a new 20 million seat stadium, backing by the NRL, huge leagues club with pokies and massive western Sydney base junior league, yet they have had more wooden spoons then anyone in recent times and having won a GF in over 30 years!

Manly''s crowds are down because we are at the bottom of the table, a coach who has no clue and salary cap problems, to go along with broke owners and no management.

That’s only last Saturday !!
Some people get the rough end of the pineapple
You go fishing on the weekends and I do shift work
Love your work feathered friend !!!
pablo2.jpg

Every single fan matters Mark. We just have to collectively ban together and really start ramming it home that we are not happy. Eventually someone will listen.

What I really do know is Manly need great fans like you and everyone else at the moment. We all need to voice our displeasure and fight the good fight.
Mark is correct. For us to matter the owners must actually give a fXck about us and our opinions. They don't and we are kidding ourselves if we think they do. Manly is privately owned and with that model you get some good owners that genuinely love the club and have the cash and desire to see it succeed e.g Russell Crowe or you get the **** ones like Nathan Tinkler and our owners. The mob that own us are driving this club and business into the ground? Why? I don't know....... but I do know we can't change a thing.

Last edited:
Mark is correct. For us to matter the owners must actually give a fXck about us and our opinions. They don't and we are kidding ourselves if they do. Manly is privately owned and with that model you get some good owners that genuinely love the club and have the cash and desire to see it succeed e.g Russell Crowe or you get the **** ones like Nathan Tinkler and our owners. The mob that own us are driving this club and business into the ground? Why? I don't know....... but I do know we can't change a thing.

As sad as that is but 110% correct.

**** ALL.
That's why you don't give them membership money because we are not important as you said and have no say.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10