Our first spoon could be 2018. But it wasn't. So there.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Suli is a keeper. Just needs to lose some of his baby fat to increase his mobility. Early days, has he even reached double figures yet?

I assume you mean games - 28 total, 12 for us.

Not in tries yet, 3 in total.

I don't think he is crap but think he has a long way to go and looks more like a second rower in the making.

Run home.

Titans 16 (-111): Penrith (h), Manly (a), Storm (h), Cows (h)
Bulldogs 14 (-61): Manly (a), Warriors (h), Dragons (a), Sharks (h)
Manly 14 (-92): Dogs (h), Titans (h), Tigers (a), Broncos (a).
Cows 12 (-106): Broncos (h), Sharks (a), Eels (h), Titans (a)
Eels 12 (-124): Dragons (h), Storm (a), Cows (a), Roosters (h)

Manly's for/against is the worst of the bottom 4 teams.

That obviously means if Manly lose their F/A gets even worse, while if the Cows or Eels win, their F/A improves & will go past Manly.

Eels & Cows also play each other. Someone will get the 2 points to move to 14 points (though a draw would be good!).

Manly will have to beat the Dogs and Titans to be safe i reckon.

Looking back in years to come i think that DCE field goal on Sunday will be the difference.

Last edited:
Um..:wait:...It's the BEST of the bottom 3 not the worst.
We should really be able to jag at least two wins from the remaining games and we may need to if we are to avoid the spoon. Parra only have one game that looks winnable right now, but it is highly likely that they get a leg up in a few games or the oppositions rest a few players heading into the finals if they don't have much to gain (the top of the table is quite tight right now so hopefully this doesn't happen).

Last edited:
Run home.

That obviously means if Manly lose their F/A gets even worse, while if the Cows or Eels win, their F/A improves & will go past Manly.

Eels & Cows also play each other. Someone will get the 2 points to move to 14 points (though a draw would be good!).

Looking back in years to come i think that DCE field goal on Sunday will be the difference.
Are you on crack? What draw are you looking at? Our for and against is -92, parra is -124, Cowboys is -106, titans who are above us is -111. Even Newcastle is -149

Run home.

I agree with bit for sure

I meant to say our F/A isn't strong enough to keep us out of last place. If Cows or Eels win, then their F/A will get better. If Manly lose then Manly's F/A gets worse.

Yes right now Manly has the better F/A, but it isn't so good that it actually helps. If Manly finishes equal with Cows and/or Eels, then by that time Manly will probably have the worst F/A of all those teams and get the spoon.

If parra lose to to dragons this week and we beat dogs then we aint getting no spoon.

There is no way parra will win 2 of there last 3 games with they draw they have.... Do forget the Cows will be DESPERATE to send Thurston out a winner for his last home game.

It’s why this is such an important game!!

Manly to win the next four.....put your house on it

I mean......I won't be.......but you should
That’s the thing, this roster is more than capable of doing that. I just hope the coach steps back and leaves them alone to play footy because everything he has done to try & make them a better team has backfired spectacularly.

I still shake my head when I look at our roster and wonder how on earth we are a chance at the wooden spoon. Then I look at the 17 picked for the Dogs and compare it to our squad and think on paper we should do them by 30. But on the basis of our form this year nothing is certain and if we loose this one then we are a chance of getting the spoon. There is a lot at stake. I am still haunted by the opening game of 2016 at Brookvale under Barrett when we played the dogs and we looked like rabble getting thumped. I went to that game with such high hopes and left gutted. Boy I hope history doesn't repeat! Our record at Brookvale this year is a disgrace! Fingers crossed.

I still shake my head when I look at our roster and wonder how on earth we are a chance at the wooden spoon. Then I look at the 17 picked for the Dogs and compare it to our squad and think on paper we should do them by 30. .

Trying to take the emotion out of it, Manly's past 4 games have been all against teams in the Top 6 and indicates relatively good form (and yes it should have been even better):

Rd 16 - beat Penrith
Rd 17: bye
Rd 18: robbed against Storm
Rd 19: should have beat Penrith
Rd 20: beat Sharks on their ground.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11