Our first spoon could be 2018. But it wasn't. So there.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Trying to take the emotion out of it, Manly's past 4 games have been all against teams in the Top 6 and indicates relatively good form (and yes it should have been even better):

Rd 16 - beat Penrith
Rd 17: bye
Rd 18: robbed against Storm
Rd 19: should have beat Penrith
Rd 20: beat Sharks on their ground.
So that loss against Easts didn't really happen?
Just a dream . . . thank the Lord.

Run home (updated after Cows win last night).

Titans 16 (-111): Penrith (h), Manly (a), Storm (h), Cows (h)
Bulldogs 14 (-61): Manly (a), Warriors (h), Dragons (a), Sharks (h)
Manly 14 (-92): Dogs (h), Titans (h), Tigers (a), Broncos (a).
Cows 14 (-102): Sharks (a), Eels (h), Titans (a)
Eels 12 (-124): Dragons (h), Storm (a), Cows (a), Roosters (h)

The Titans may be the most likely spooners despite being on 16 points.

Anyway, depending on the final scores points spread Manly could be last tomorrow night if they lose and the Eels win >>> Manly's F/A is only 32 points ahead of Eels.

Suli is a keeper. Just needs to lose some of his baby fat to increase his mobility. Early days, has he even reached double figures yet?

I assume you mean games - 28 total, 12 for us.

Not in tries yet, 3 in total.

I don't think he is crap but think he has a long way to go and looks more like a second rower in the making.
If you're counting fat rolls, then yes.
michelin.jpg

How did Manly lose to the Knights. Watching them yesterday they had nothing in attack at all. One try off another NRL forward pass. They should be the spooners.

How sad is it that we’re doing stats about possibly getting or not getting the spoon.Compared to a few years ago about getting or not getting in the top 8.

And with those useless Dragqueens finding true form, we are still well and truly in the fight for the spoon. We are by no means out of the woods yet. ****ing Dragons had one job.

So True, only saviour is that we have a better run home. Roll the Gold Coast next week and we are safe. Parra still have to play Nth Qld. But i agree we aint home yet

Thanks to St Merge losing to everyone including the Eels it looks like the wooden spoon winner this year will be on at least 16 points.

If the upsets keep coming & Dragons keep losing to everyone it could even be 18 points.

It is hard to see the Eels beating Storm & Rorters though, which would leave them on 16 points if they beat the Cows & spoil JT's final home game.

Manly beating Titans will just about make us safe, as we will go past Knights on F/A & their tough draw. A loss and its going to be very close. DCE's field goal last week was super important.

Raiders 18 (+15)
Knights 18 (-165)
: Penrith (a), Sharks (a), Dragons (h)
Manly 16 (-80): Titans (h), Tigers (a), Broncos (a).
Titans 16 (-112)
: Manly (a), Storm (h), Cows (h)
Bulldogs 14 (-73): Warriors (h), Dragons (a), Sharks (h)
Eels 14 (-88): Storm (a), Cows (a), Roosters (h)
Cows 14 (-102): Sharks (a), Eels (h), Titans (a)

Last edited:
I was reading elsewhere today about coaching and the bottom 4 teams.

Interesting read, said that whilst coaching plays some part, the majority of the difference between winning and losing is the mental attitude of the players on the day and the mental attitude of the opposition.

It also said that game plans and the like are often just left at the door or completely forgotten after the first set of six.

One thing I’ve noticed in these last two games is when something goes against them they aren’t dropping their bundles.

And that is totally mental and not anything to do with what coaches are saying.

I have faith in Parra to come last. I believe they've won their last game for the year. I was very disappointed last night but Saints have been looking shaky, so it wasn't I guess too amazing. My best mate is a major Saints fan so I shall enjoy our next Friday drinks a lot more than him.

Parra's Home form has been pretty reasonable (above 50%) and if they could carry that kind of form Away they would be knocking on the 8. But they've been awful Away and if I read the ladder correctly, have not won Away all year. Their last 3:
(Away) v Storm: No way they win this.
(Away) v Cowboys: I simply cannot believe that the Cowboys will cap a mysteriously horrible year by letting themselves win the Spoon Derby in Thurston's last home game. No way Parra wins this.
(Home) v Easts: No way they win this.

The Spooner should be either Eels or Dogs. Dogs have a slightly nicer run and might jag a final win, especially if they can get Lewis back. I was on their forum last night and they were really missing him.

Go Parra for last place!!

Good to finally string together two wins in a row. At this rate, we are setting ourselves up for a nice finish to the season, potentially in 5th or 6th (last) place. If it falls apart again next week, we may be back in the hunt for the Spoon!

Sportsbet reckons we are pretty safe. Current spoon odds:

Eels $2.25
Dogs $2.50
Cows $4.00
Titans $23
Manly $67
Knights $251
Raiders $501

Those 2 late Manly tries at least helped a little, but Manly's F/A is probably not going to save us if Eels somehow jag a win while Manly lose both games.by any decent margin. Can easily see Manly losing both remaining games by 50 points.

Manly 16 (-88): Tigers (a), Broncos (a).
Bulldogs 14 (-73)
: Warriors (h), Dragons (a), Sharks (h)
Cows 14 (-102): Sharks (a), Eels (h), Titans (a).
Eels 14 (-104): Cows (a), Roosters (h)

Presuming Sharks beat Cows tonight, then next week Eels play Cows and one of them will get to 16 points.

The Dogs will win at least one of their remaining games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8