Our best 17

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
With our performances over the past few weeks it’s getting harder and harder to pick who our best 17 is when fully fit.

Week after week we are copping injuries yet blokes are coming in and doing their job are putting pressure on other players in their position.

Just wanted to see who everyone else thinks is in our best 17, especially our bench if you have Schuster starting in the back row and the backline as is

• Keppie
  • Aloiai
  • Sipley
  • Lawton
  • Sironen
  • Cust
  • Walker
  • De Luis
  • Saddler
  • Suli
  • Ben Turbo
  • Gosiewski
  • Boyle

Personally I’m having those first 4 guys in our starting team but wowee, we have some serious depth in this side - and who would’ve though after the first month of the season

With our performances over the past few weeks it’s getting harder and harder to pick who our best 17 is when fully fit.

Week after week we are copping injuries yet blokes are coming in and doing their job are putting pressure on other players in their position.

Just wanted to see who everyone else thinks is in our best 17, especially our bench if you have Schuster starting in the back row and the backline as is

• Keppie
  • Aloiai
  • Sipley
  • Lawton
  • Sironen
  • Cust
  • Walker
  • De Luis
  • Saddler
  • Suli
  • Ben Turbo
  • Gosiewski
  • Boyle

Personally I’m having those first 4 guys in our starting team but wowee, we have some serious depth in this side - and who would’ve though after the first month of the season
Of those, my must-haves in the top 17 are Al, The Law-man and Keppie.

It's interesting. There's a few locks in the side now:
  • Turbo at 1
  • Saab & Garrick on the Wings
  • Foran and DCE in the Halves (Foran has to be in the team, 3 halves w/ Schuster like we saw v Eels and DCE roaming)
  • Prop Rotation of Taupau, Aloiai, Paseka and Keppie will all be in the 17
  • Jake at 13
  • Second Row pair of Schuster and Olakau'atu
  • Parker is 1st picked centre at the moment.

Essentially the side is pretty stacked at the moment, up in the air is:
  • the 14 jersey (Walker / Cust / Lawton / Fainu?)
  • Bench spot 17 (assuming marty+aloiai on bench) depends on who is 14. If Walker/Fainu is 14, Lawton surely gets the spot.
  • Harper's centre spot - was a lock and I would keep him there definitely but if Walker continues to come off the bench and score tries, gets match fitness and/or there are injuries, I could see him sneaking in at the back end of the season
  • The Hooker Role - it is Crokers for sure just depends on what happens re Fainu case.

This would be my GF team v Penrith but there could be a fair few changes:
1. Trbojevic 2. Saab 3. Parker 4. Harper/Walker 5. Garrick 6. Foran 7. DCE
8. Paseka 9. Croker 10. Keppie 11. Olakau'atu 12. Schuster 13. Trbojevic
14. Fainu 15. Taupau 16. Aloiai 17. Lawton
18. Walker/Harper

The great thing is we now have depth and real competition for spots. Now that’s a great position to be in. Well done Des rewarding the youngsters with dejection for good form. The squad looks happy.

1 Turbo
2 Saab
3 Parker
4 Harper
5 Garrick
6 Foran
7 Dce
8 Paseka
9 Croker/Fainu (if Fainus available, Croker to reggies)
10 Aloiai
11 Haumole
12 Schuster
13 Jake
14 Lawton
15 Keppie
16 Taupau
17 Sipley
18 Walker
19 Suli
20 Ben Trbojevic
21 Saddler

Our best 17 will inevitably change between now and the end of the season, nice to have positive selection issues as apposed to the alternative, who we play and how we come up through the semis will be important as well.
A near fit Turbo will play and a half busted Croker, Parker may not, having fresh options going into the big games will be a huge plus for us if we are forced to play from 5th to 8th.
Strong competition for starting spots is better than good, keeps all the boys working hard.

1 Turbo
2 Saab
3 Parker
4 Harper
5 Garrick
6 Foran
7 Dce
8 Paseka
9 Croker/Fainu (if Fainus available, Croker to reggies)
10 Aloiai
11 Haumole
12 Schuster
13 Jake
14 Lawton
15 Keppie
16 Taupau
17 Sipley
18 Walker
19 Suli
20 Ben Trbojevic
21 Saddler
This.

1 Turbo
2 Garrick
3 Parker
4 Harper
5 Saab
6 Foz
7 Dce
8 Paseka
9 Croker
10 Keppie
11 Shuster
12 The big O
13 Jake
14 Walker
15 Tapau
16 Aloai
17 Lawton
18 Sipley
19 Sirro
I don't normally comment on team threads but we're in a rare position of having good quality depth available, so here's my view.

Ideally I'd have this team by @highlandeagle as my best for sure and all are virtually available as of now.

Didn't consider Fainu as who knows when/if he's available for 'selection'. Croker has earned his spot and Sipley unlucky as 18th man but couldn't fit him in the best 17.

Here's hoping for a miracle that all 17 are available later in the season when it really counts.

Last edited:
Our best 17? 4 months ago that was easy. The only real speculation was who would start at hooker, and who would be the 5/8, though in the end they went pretty much as expected I think.

Well, picking our best 17 now is not so easy.

Four months ago the centres were Walker and Suli. Now its Parker and Harper. The back row was Jetski and Siro, now its Guac and Shoe.

And the bench? Eep!!!

Thankfully, its not my job. Des, over to you.

01. Turbo
02. Saab
03. Parker
04. Harper
05. Garrick
06. Foz
07. Chez
08. Paseka
09. Fainu
10. Aloiai
11. Smole
12. Sch
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Taupau
16. Sipley
17. Keppie

18. Walker

And then look at this filthy depth: Crocker, Siro, Cust, Suli, Davey, Saddler, Burbo, Tui, Kolau, De Luis, Sione Fainu, Tuitavake

Players we MUST release: Jetski, Boyle, Funa, Taufua (and also maybe Walker depending on how he finishes this season)

01. Turbo
02. Saab
03. Parker
04. Harper
05. Garrick
06. Foz
07. Chez
08. Paseka
09. Fainu
10. Aloiai
11. Smole
12. Sch
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Taupau
16. Sipley
17. Keppie

18. Walker

And then look at this filthy depth: Crocker, Siro, Cust, Suli, Davey, Saddler, Burbo, Tui, Kolau, De Luis, Sione Fainu, Tuitavake

Players we MUST release: Jetski, Boyle, Funa, Taufua (and also maybe Walker depending on how he finishes this season)
Our Blacktown team with the leftover players:

01. Weekes
02. Kolau
03. Suli
04. Walker
05. Tui
06. Latu Fainu
07. Cust
08. Sione Fainu
09. Crocker
10. De Luis
11. Davey
12. Siro
13. Saddler

14. Keighran
15. Samuela Fainu
16. Alec Tuitavake
17. Ben Trbojevic

01. Turbo
02. Saab
03. Parker
04. Harper
05. Garrick
06. Foz
07. Chez
08. Paseka
09. Fainu
10. Aloiai
11. Smole
12. Sch
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Taupau
16. Sipley
17. Keppie

18. Walker

Love it, especially the bench. If there are no injuries they can all play a valuable role and also solidly covers 2 injuries in almost any position.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4