Our best 17

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is Spud Carroll mentoring Keppie nowadays? Thought I may have heard that. If so it would account for him looking more dominant this year. He's mostly been impressive.

I heard that also. Kelpie belongs in the 17 now.

I heard that as well.

And it was from Spud himself when he was commentating on one of our games so I'm going to assume it's true.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Josh Aloiai
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Josh Schuster
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

Bench - Karl Lawton, Dylan Walker, Sean Keppie, Martin Taupau, Toafofoa Sipley (one to be omitted)

Marty off the bench with Aloiai to start. Marty has done his best work this year off the bench and Aloiai is solid in D at the beginning but still makes metres through the middle.
I am taking Karl Lawton in the 14 to cover hooker with Walker to be omitted. Depending on the opposition, there is always the option of moving Lawton to 15 with Walker as the utility. In this situation, one of Keppie or Sipley to drop out.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Josh Aloiai
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Josh Schuster
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

Bench - Karl Lawton, Dylan Walker, Sean Keppie, Martin Taupau, Toafofoa Sipley (one to be omitted)

Marty off the bench with Aloiai to start. Marty has done his best work this year off the bench and Aloiai is solid in D at the beginning but still makes metres through the middle.
I am taking Karl Lawton in the 14 to cover hooker with Walker to be omitted. Depending on the opposition, there is always the option of moving Lawton to 15 with Walker as the utility. In this situation, one of Keppie or Sipley to drop out.
I think you can play both Walker and Lawton off the bench, Sipley to drop off for me. With the new rules it’s not unusual to play with a few smaller guys in the middle, as long as they are decent defenders, which Lawton and Croker both are.

The rest is bang on.

Great post. I nearly agree with 100% of this. Only part I don’t is maybe Keppie starting on gf day. I’d have either Aloai or Marty starting. The rest agree.
Think of it now I agree. Come finals time you probably need a more experience leader starting and that would be aloiai. Aloiai seems to round the troops up well

swap him out for paseka or keppie and marty can come off the bench and do damage. Keppie is good for early defence... so maybe paseka off the bench?

Mind you the suggestions of the top 17, though logical at this time, may be by the end of the year quite different. Amazing what just half a dozen games can do for a player and a team structure, not the least being because of injury.

Lawton over Walker for the 14 jersey for me...and it's not real close. The rest is definitely our best 16 with Aoli starting and Marty coming off the bench.

I'll admit to umm'ing and ahh'ing big time (probably about 10 seconds in reality lol) before going for Walks over Lawton as my #14. But that's mostly based on that I haven't seen enough of Lawton yet to put him ahead of Walker.

But in my team I would have him as 18. For now.

I think with Marty and Josh its really 50/50 as to who starts. But I can definitely see a case for starting Aloiai.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8