Our best 17

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Tom T
Saab
Parker
Harper
Garrick
Foran
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Taupau (has reclaimed his place as our premier prop)
Haumole
Schuster
Jake T

Walker (backline cover in any position and can have a stint in the middle a la Connor Watson)
Aloai (prop rotation)
Keppie (prop rotation)
Lawton (covers 9 and edge backrowers)

Suli (18th man)
Think you swap Sipley for Keppie - Sipley just offers more in attack in my view - less in defence but Aloiai is a great defender as is Lawnton.

Think you swap Sipley for Keppie - Sipley just offers more in attack in my view - less in defence but Aloiai is a great defender as is Lawnton.
I'd have Keppie in there for defence. There is enough bash and barge from Taupau and co. I'd rather sure up the middle. Keppie also goes to the battle, which I really like. If Sipley could get into better shape, I'd love to see him in there but against quality opposition, I think he might be exposed. Just an opinion.

Keppie has gone up a gear in most of his performances this season and definitely not hesitant to take on opposing packs with some real zeal Credit to him and the coaching staff that he has adapted well to the 2 nd row when required . Could only praise most of Sipley "s efforts this season as well but certainly would not rate him ahead of Keppie

It's hard to pick between Sips and Keppie on who 2 drop, they r both so important in their own way. Sips is just a straight impact player who brings energy, works well with Taupau, metre eater. And Keppie is a versatile workhorse, got his aggression and mongrel, solid defender.

Alternatively, what’s our best available team during Origin III.

Given Des selection for the Cowboys game I think something like this.

Garrick
Saab
Suli
Harper
Parker
Schuster
Foran
Paseka
Croker
Taupau
Haumole
Sironen
Keppie

Walker
Lawton
Sipley
De Luis
1 Garrick
2 Saab
3 Parker
4 Harper
5 Suli
6 Schuster
7 Foran
8 Paseka
9 Croker
16 Keppie
11 Olakau’atu
12 Lawton
13 Sironen

14 Walker
15 Trbojevic
10 Taupau
17 Sipley

I'd have Keppie in there for defence. There is enough bash and barge from Taupau and co. I'd rather sure up the middle. Keppie also goes to the battle, which I really like. If Sipley could get into better shape, I'd love to see him in there but against quality opposition, I think he might be exposed. Just an opinion.
Yes I think it is a bit of an each way bet. I suppose I lean to Sipley because of Aloiai's fabulous defence and the fact that I have not seen Sipley shortened up yet on any carry ... he always bends the line and gets us on the front foot. Keppie is a super defender but swapping one for one really in my mind defence wise and keeping the go forward man. But yes Sipley a bit fitter would be an awesome machine.

Not considering Fainu because I don't expect him to play at all this year, if ever again for us ... this would be my top 17 out of our full squad. And there will be some omissions that I never thought I'd make 6 months ago.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Josh Schuster
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

Bench - Dylan Walker, Sean Keppie, Josh Aloiai, Toafofoa Sipley

For mine there is no room in the top 17 for Morgan Boyle, Curtis Sironen, Moses Suli, Karl Lawton, Cade Cust, Andrew Davey, Jack Gosiewski, Tevita Funa, Ben Trbojevic, Kurt de Luis or Christian Tuipulotu.

But one thing I will say is that I'm glad its Des having to make these decisions and not me.

Keppie has gone up a gear in most of his performances this season and definitely not hesitant to take on opposing packs with some real zeal Credit to him and the coaching staff that he has adapted well to the 2 nd row when required . Could only praise most of Sipley "s efforts this season as well but certainly would not rate him ahead of Keppie
Is Spud Carroll mentoring Keppie nowadays? Thought I may have heard that. If so it would account for him looking more dominant this year. He's mostly been impressive.

It's interesting. There's a few locks in the side now:
  • Turbo at 1
  • Saab & Garrick on the Wings
  • Foran and DCE in the Halves (Foran has to be in the team, 3 halves w/ Schuster like we saw v Eels and DCE roaming)
  • Prop Rotation of Taupau, Aloiai, Paseka and Keppie will all be in the 17
  • Jake at 13
  • Second Row pair of Schuster and Olakau'atu
  • Parker is 1st picked centre at the moment.

Essentially the side is pretty stacked at the moment, up in the air is:
  • the 14 jersey (Walker / Cust / Lawton / Fainu?)
  • Bench spot 17 (assuming marty+aloiai on bench) depends on who is 14. If Walker/Fainu is 14, Lawton surely gets the spot.
  • Harper's centre spot - was a lock and I would keep him there definitely but if Walker continues to come off the bench and score tries, gets match fitness and/or there are injuries, I could see him sneaking in at the back end of the season
  • The Hooker Role - it is Crokers for sure just depends on what happens re Fainu case.

This would be my GF team v Penrith but there could be a fair few changes:
1. Trbojevic 2. Saab 3. Parker 4. Harper/Walker 5. Garrick 6. Foran 7. DCE
8. Paseka 9. Croker 10. Keppie 11. Olakau'atu 12. Schuster 13. Trbojevic
14. Fainu 15. Taupau 16. Aloiai 17. Lawton
18. Walker/Harper
Great post. I nearly agree with 100% of this. Only part I don’t is maybe Keppie starting on gf day. I’d have either Aloai or Marty starting. The rest agree.

Not considering Fainu because I don't expect him to play at all this year, if ever again for us ... this would be my top 17 out of our full squad. And there will be some omissions that I never thought I'd make 6 months ago.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Josh Schuster
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

Bench - Dylan Walker, Sean Keppie, Josh Aloiai, Toafofoa Sipley

For mine there is no room in the top 17 for Morgan Boyle, Curtis Sironen, Moses Suli, Karl Lawton, Cade Cust, Andrew Davey, Jack Gosiewski, Tevita Funa, Ben Trbojevic, Kurt de Luis or Christian Tuipulotu.

But one thing I will say is that I'm glad its Des having to make these decisions and not me.
Excellent

CE, FE and SR and the bench are the spots with most likelihood of interchangability

and Lawton should be in the 17 mix

Think you'll find Des will play Parker on the wing like last start.
Des played parker on the wing for about 15 minutes

Once it was 12-0 suli was mainly attacking and defending on the wing, except parker would go back for kicks more

I'd expect to see a similar rotation between the two. Parker is a much better defender so would be surprised if Suli defends at centre for 80 mins

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8