Other NRL games round 16

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously though. What an embarrassment of a field. With all the turf technology they have these days, it is a shocking ground at night. They would’ve got more traction if they played it at Blacktown ice rink.

I think they need to demolish and rebuild.

At least we scored against south yet Parra with a full team were kept scoreless. Poor Poor Parra always the bride maid never the bride. The Parra board should have waited for Arthur to bring the silver ware first before extending his contract. I think that happened last time he had a dream run everyone said they were going to bring home the Prize and extended his contract. But Parra failed and they were wooden spoons winners. Their supporters went ape **** wanting his head on a platter. De ja vu.

Souths is a very classy footy side. Bristling with talent. if thei forwards were a nudge better, they are title favourites.You gotta give credit where credit is due.

Parra are pretenders. No injuries all year, refs favourites, last week they could hardly win against Melbourne with half a side out
yes, i have always said that. Parra has been very lucky this year and even last year. They seem to play top sides when the opposition are at their weakest ( including manly last year at bankwest). they have played 10/16 games at bankwest. I dont rate them. they also have easy draws, never playing roosters nor storm twice in any year that i can remember.

The South’s outside backs are coming into their own. Good luck to them playing exciting footy
Their defence was excellent, when the worms went wide the outside backs held their positions, no rushing in and leaving wingers unmarked like most teams do, therefore Fergo and Sivo had very little impact, I wonder who their defence coach is ?

All I know is that ch 9 (GUS), when Reynolds crabbed across field and put Walker into a hole for a try, Gus correctly reminded viewers that was a textbook play from our great Cliffy Lyons in the day. Gee, I still remember those days vividly, and what a champion player he was. They don't breed them like that anymore, a packet of smokes a day and would run on the field and just carve them up.
I watch the fox coverage so didn’t hear gus comment but I said the exact same thing to my son re Cliffy. Reynolds is a great little player. Not sure what he’s on $$ wise but he’s easy worth 1mil a year to that club.

Did anyone notice a Crusher tackle last night?
No. Not even Milka Sevo tried to win a penalty that way.
It seems all the negative publicity on Doesn'tmatta milking the rule had an impact far greater than any so-called Crusher tackle.

Loved watching Parra held to nil, and have to say what a pleasure to watch the way Souths used the ball and how precise their execution in the backline. Compare that to our style and it makes you cringe.
Also, can someone explain why it wasn’t a penalty try when Tom Burgess reaches out to score and Gutherson stuck out his leg to prevent the put down? Typical rubbish Maxwell decision with one look. Obviously no effect on the result but would have been 44-0.

I watch the fox coverage so didn’t hear gus comment but I said the exact same thing to my son re Cliffy. Reynolds is a great little player. Not sure what he’s on $$ wise but he’s easy worth 1mil a year to that club.

He cops a bigger caning from their fans than DCE does here most weeks.

Just like DCE if he doesn't fire they don't fire.

While we were **** last week, I did think it was just as much a case of the Rabbits being white hot. Unlike Doesn'tmatta, we went with them for the first 10-15, Reynolds said as much in the post match interview. Then Funa gets sin binned and we just couldn't get back into the contest. I think the set restart rule has made it harder than ever for teams to wrestle back momentum. Again, unlike Doesn'tmatta, we did show the ability to keep playing, the 2nd half was only 18-16.

Souths have shown how to destroy the rushing up and in defence.....it's not just the 2nd man sweep play, but also the fact they have such depth out wide.
As an example Eels created 2 - 3 opportunities with numbers last night, but were so flat when shifting the ball, the defence easely slid across making tackles and/or creating errors, plus Jennings and Blake overran the ball at least twice each also, whereas the Bunnies wide men took it on the fly and with that extra deep set, they are so deep it allows the pass to be sweet and the runner to set himself exactly where he should be, to beat that inside defender - (does help they are all damn quick)....
Teams like Manly /Eels also panic a little and Zoom in defence...where a Storm/ Roosters are usually far mor patient in defence with the wingers often having coverage of their opposite even when coming in as they don't fully commit allowing their centres and cover defence a shot at that inside attacker looking to draw and pass.

Latrine is out for a month, hamstring.
How he comes back will be interesting.
Lucky they have a top class player to replace him in Alex Johnston.

No clue why they aren't interested in keeping him as cover for Latrell given he can play both winger and fullback.

Not you @:D 56-16.
But agree, sad to be "justifying" a 40-odd point loss.
Much prefer to be winning grand finals by 40 points!
Sadly I was counting on sat right until the very end. My 42pts was in reference to the difference it would have been For Parra had our little buddy kicked all his goals (I think he missed 2) Anyway who really cares it’s embarrassing enough to relive. Haha

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4