• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Just to add - twice in first half Jarome Hughes plays at the ball and knocks it out. It's 1v1 in both cases which is legit - but the pass is knocked out from Hughes, travels backwards from Rabbits/fwd from Hughes - and both times is a knock-on vs Rabbits.

Manly better practice their 1v1 strips and flat passing - seems the Refs are maybe not policing that as militantly as previous.

Or it's coz its Storm's first game in Melb for 500+ days, and they want a close Storm win in Rd 1 with the Ref making sure Rabbits seem closer to the biscuits than they really are.

I am pensive on any teams' chances this year that don't fit the NRL criteria based on tonight. The team the NRL needs to win, to create the narrative that best suits their marketability, will find a way.

spew

Good to see that knowing the rules is still optional for commentators. Hughes gets taken out in the air - everyone knows it is a penalty - and Joey didn’t think it was!

Melbourne debuting a young Queenslander , Tyson Smoothy as the backup hooker tonight , think he’s about 20.

Saw him playing in the Intrust Super Cup a few years ago a real gun.

He’s playing in 21 if you are watching.

Despite his proclivity for Fwd Passes (as per my earlier rant-post), Pap-Sonic is an absolute weapon. He's like an effective Matt Dufty, same size, twice the potency.

Maybe those Fwd Passes are due to the fact he has broken light speed, so it just looks like the pass is going fwd.

Melbourne debuting a young Queenslander , Tyson Smoothy as the backup hooker tonight , think he’s about 20.

Saw him playing in the Intrust Super Cup a few years ago a real gun.

He’s playing in 21 if you are watching.
How irresponsible.

Why would you play a talented youngster in the tough furnace that is today's NRL 1st-grade.

Don't you know, you keep young players like Smoothy and Schuster on the bench wrapped in cotton-wool, in case they have a career-altering experience and (gasp) lose a game and never recover - Destined to drain their motivation for Rugby League and wind up in a self-destructive cycle of TikTok violations, death-spiraling street-violence (in the Shire, or Byron Bay no doubt), or humiliating Corso sprint defeats.

How irresponsible.

Why would you play a talented youngster in the tough furnace that is today's NRL 1st-grade.

Don't you know, you keep young players like Smoothy and Schuster on the bench wrapped in cotton-wool, in case they have a career-altering experience and (gasp) lose a game and never recover - Destined to drain their motivation for Rugby League and wind up in a self-destructive cycle of TikTok violations, death-spiraling street-violence (in the Shire, or Byron Bay no doubt), or humiliating Corso sprint defeats.

I thought someone would pick up on the comparison.

Daily (shi)Telegraph Friday 12th March 2021

Sports Section

'Storm hold off Rabbitohs in NRL opening Thriller!!!!!'

Fail to mention, game was over at 25min mark at 22-0 with gasping rabbits thinking WTF - we were told by pundits that we was like....favs.

Refs balanced the ledger, to maintain an air of evenness for NewsCorp, who have picked the Rabbits as the Season's likely premiers. 'Experts' like Buzz Rothfield dissect the resilience of the bunnies bouncing back from 22-0 down to somehow remain relevant with the Ref's help....i mean with Pure Team Grit.

What an NRL season opener! Best in 5/10/15/40 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pick what will fly with NewsCorp Reader gullibility quotient - Exclamation marks mandatory)

=====================

So if Manly are down 22-0 to the Rooters on the back of 4 fwd-passes in the first 3 tries, do you think the refs will ensure an equitable outcome?

THAT my friends is the modern game. Will the Refs/equalisers step in for Manly, like they did for the darling Bunnies tonight?

Daily (shi)Telegraph Friday 12th March 2021

Sports Section

'Storm hold off Rabbitohs in NRL opening Thriller!!!!!'

Fail to mention, game was over at 25min mark at 22-0 with gasping rabbits thinking WTF - we were told by pundits that we was like....favs.

Refs balanced the ledger, to maintain an air of evenness for NewsCorp, who have picked the Rabbits as the Season's likely premiers. 'Experts' like Buzz Rothfield dissect the resilience of the bunnies bouncing back from 22-0 down to somehow remain relevant with the Ref's help....i mean with Pure Team Grit.

What an NRL season opener! Best in 5/10/15/40 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pick what will fly with NewsCorp Reader gullibility quotient - Exclamation marks mandatory)

=====================

So if Manly are down 22-0 to the Rooters on the back of 4 fwd-passes in the first 3 tries, do you think the refs will ensure an equitable outcome?

THAT my friends is the modern game. Will the Refs/equalisers step in for Manly, like they did for the darling Bunnies tonight?

Nope , because we aren’t one of the “ chosen ones”.

We are just the cannon fodder.

I saw enough tonight to understand the contrivance that is NRL today.

'You can't script this' - wasn't that an NRL catch-phrase a few years back?

Well guess what......maybe you can.

Thanks NRL. This opener has planted those seeds of doubt, and i'm going to be watching.

And probably drinking while watching too....buckle up.

The bloke is a has-been.

And I don't mean Jorge.
I think Campbell Graham is a hog. I think he passed it to the sauce once in traffic. Compare that to the other side where Johnstone got that much ball, he couldn’t believe it.
The really bad error from the sauce was when he thru the ball to Johnstone coming out of there ten.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10