Other games - Round 18, 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Murray needed to go as third man in, unless that is another rule that is selectively enforced.

That was nothing , but given the ref is "Marginal Ben Cummins" (Des reference from 2019), I just knew he would wet the bed.

WTF did I just see from Lachlan Lewis? I mean ... just wow. That was dumb.
Dumb but hardly the worst thing I've seen. A decent ref would have just sent them to the sheds for half time and told them to cool their heads. But of course BC is pretty much the crappest ref these days

There is plenty of 'unsportsmanlike conduct' every weekend, but only then did they decide to penalise it.

Yeah but you don't see players tackling others on their way off the field well after half time has been called. That was just plain dumb no matter what may have been said.

I was just curious about the rules around this. Can a ref penalise (let alone sin bin) a player for conduct during the half time break, given that halftime was officially blown?

I was just curious about the rules around this. Can a ref penalise (let alone sin bin) a player for conduct during the half time break, given that halftime was officially blown?

Yes. The ref has the power to do that from the moment he starts the game until even after the final whistle. Players have actually been sent off after full time is called.

It actually happened to Cement Gillespie after the game against Wakefield Trinity on the 1990 Kangaroo Tour. He said something about the referee (who had already sent off Ricky Stuart and Spud Carroll), and the ref marched him for it.

With every point the Vermin score in the first 10 minutes of this half, Zoolander has every right to to be more and more pissed with Lewis.

Yes. The ref has the power to do that from the moment he starts the game until even after the final whistle. Players have actually been sent off after full time is called.

It actually happened to Cement Gillespie after the game against Wakefield Trinity on the 1990 Kangaroo Tour. He said something about the referee (who had already sent off Ricky Stuart and Spud Carroll), and the ref marched him for it.
Ah yes, and wasn't AFB sent off after giving one of the ref's a gob full after full time was blown a few years back? I think it was after a last play non-call on a Manly player who kicked on a break (from memory)...

It's hard to fathom how collectively stupid a team can be. The Bulldogs have developed a losing mentality and can't even recognise when they are in a winning position. They immediately go about self-sabotaging ASAP.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4