Other Games [Round 11, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’d suggest the game would become more controversial due to refs/touchies missing things that would otherwise be picked up on.The refs have not become any worse or better,it’s the rules that have either become too complicated or they continually change.The issue is you’re not going to get consistent decisions when you have human error.Until fans,media and clubs become mature and realise that refs make errors,even the bunker,and they are not the reason your team loses,these problems are never going to disappear.Look at last night,plenty whinging about two tries the Knights didn’t get,yet nothing has been said about how much the Knights dominated the first 20 minutes yet struggled to get across the line.So much easier to blame the refs than point the finger at the real culprits
Sorry but I can't agree.
The Bunker, or Big Brother as I refer to it, was introduced at great expense to get decisions correct. It is not achieving its stated aim, so why have it?

Sorry but I can't agree.
The Bunker, or Big Brother as I refer to it, was introduced at great expense to get decisions correct. It is not achieving its stated aim, so why have it?
So you’ll just shrug your shoulders and say “oh well” if Manly get an incorrect decision against them if they abolish the Bunker?The Gagai try/no try last night was the correct decision by the Bunker according to the rules and if you read on social media,the thoughts of fans are split.

The refs have not become any worse or better,it’s the rules that have either become too complicated or they continually change.T
I think it's actually TV.
Endless replays on a big screen, high resolution close-ups, slo-mo, the multi-camera angles. No wonder ref's decisions are under intense scrutiny, and no wonder the game at professional level long ago caved and went for technology to try to limit the uproar. Cetainly hasn't stopped it though!

I think it's actually TV.
Endless replays on a big screen, high resolution close-ups, slo-mo, the multi-camera angles. No wonder ref's decisions are under intense scrutiny, and no wonder the game at professional level long ago caved and went for technology to try to limit the uproar. Cetainly hasn't stopped it though!
That won’t go away if the Bunker is sunk

As posted in the signings thread:

NZ Warriors prop Matt Lodge is leaving the NRL club immediately after being granted a release from the rest of his contract.

Lodge played just 14 games for the Warriors, with last week's loss to South Sydney Rabbitohs now his last for the club.

"Matt told us a while ago that for professional and personal reasons he couldn't commit to a long-term future in New Zealand when we return home for next season," Warriors chief executive Cameron George said.

(i didn't know where to post this and no new threads for him!)

Well, in the end I guess I have to eat my words. I said early this wasn't the same Brisbane team as last week. And while I was right, they did get much better as the game progressed.

Seriously people, take Ponga and maybe Gagai out of the Knights and they have nothing.

Hands up all those who cringed like fvck when they saw the replay of Bradman Best's elbow dislocation :sick::sick::sick:. It reminded me of the Bears players reactions in Rd.1 of the NSW Cup last year when Haumole dislocated his elbow.

Matt Lodge released immediately by the Warriors. We wouldn’t have space but if we did, that would be me done watching for a while
Yeah, I couldn't stomach that either. Doesn't say much for a player's reputation when you hear he's been released and your first thought is, "What's he done now?"

Matt Lodge released immediately by the Warriors. We wouldn’t have space but if we did, that would be me done watching for a while

Yeah, I couldn't stomach that either. Doesn't say much for a player's reputation when you hear he's been released and your first thought is, "What's he done now?"

Apparently Lodge had second thoughts about having to live in Auckland. There seems to be a few Aussie's they've signed during Covid who are baulking at the thought of having to go live in NZ for a while.

So you’ll just shrug your shoulders and say “oh well” if Manly get an incorrect decision against them if they abolish the Bunker?The Gagai try/no try last night was the correct decision by the Bunker according to the rules and if you read on social media,the thoughts of fans are split.
I don't do social media but from everyone I've spoken to, and what I've read in the media, both decisions by The Bunker were wrong. For the Gaigai try in normal speed it looked 100% legitimate. No sport is played in slow-mo so why adjudicate it in stop-frame? It skews reality.
The shepherd was very clear. As soon as it happened the players knew, the commentators knew and I certainly saw it. Now, if you say that it was within the rules then the dozens of previous "shepherds" called by Big Brother were wrong. Either way, there is great confusion because Big Brother ultimately is a human and we are not getting the accuracy with rulings that was promised when The Bunker was introduced.

Look, the answer is simple, but the NRL are hopeless. Just needs two steps to fix imo.

1. Have an ingoal touch judge at each end like in the mid 1990s which worked really well. You can see this every summer watching replays of games from the mid 1990s. Almost always the offcials TOGETHER got the decision right. And they did it quickly.
2. Keep the captains challenge, just add to it that they can challenge a try. That's all the bunker should be for.

Last night the Gagai try would have been awarded a try under 1 above. And under 2 above the Broncos captain would never have challenged it being called a try.

FFS NRL IT AIN'T HARD TO FIX!!!!!!!

Apparently Lodge had second thoughts about having to live in Auckland. There seems to be a few Aussie's they've signed during Covid who are baulking at the thought of having to go live in NZ for a while.
He was signed by his father in law who was working with the Warriors at the time, a very shifty family operation they have running there, they used the Warriors to get out of his Brisbane deal, don’t sign with a team out of NZ if you don’t want to live there

My best mate hasn’t watched the Warriors at all since Lodge turned up after being loyal since 1995

I’d suggest the game would become more controversial due to refs/touchies missing things that would otherwise be picked up on.The refs have not become any worse or better,it’s the rules that have either become too complicated or they continually change.The issue is you’re not going to get consistent decisions when you have human error.Until fans,media and clubs become mature and realise that refs make errors,even the bunker,and they are not the reason your team loses,these problems are never going to disappear.Look at last night,plenty whinging about two tries the Knights didn’t get,yet nothing has been said about how much the Knights dominated the first 20 minutes yet struggled to get across the line.So much easier to blame the refs than point the finger at the real culprits
I think you make a great point about the the rules having become too complicated or continually changing. I think the best rugby league is where the players and refs act from their experience i.e. instinctively. When competent people are forced to keep changing the way they do things, they are brought back to a lower level until they are confident with the new rules. Keep it simple - helps the refs, helps the players, helps the fans.

And off course cowboys beating the storm 22-6

so the one team coming off 2 straight defeats the storm, who gets to play them at home us.

bellyache will have them firing next Thursday night.

hate we play them next week

Melbourne are not going to play this bad again, nor lose 3 in a row.

We are in trouble already.

Melbourne are not going to play this bad again, nor lose 3 in a row.

We are in trouble already.
they will come out and want to make a statement

if we stay within 30 points next week I think we are doing well.

I am not giving up on us , I just know storm never lose 3 games straight

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6