omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
interesting this morning to see a lot of chatter about Folau making a return to Rugby league.

Bongos and Rooters are the front runners (due to having no salary cap)

But i pose the question - would we benefit from making a play for him? Where would he fit in?

And the ultimate conundrum - who would you prefer - Walker or Folau? (loaded question there!)

I'm on the fence here. I do believe Folau to be one of the most talented outside backs I have ever seen. He can catch, he can make a break, and he can KICK in general play.

Thoughts?

For football reasons yes. He is an incredible athlete whom has all the skills.

For respect of your fellow humans no, and never to play for our great club, whom wouldn’t be disrespectful enough to ever contemplate it. Saying people are going to hell because of their sexuality is extremely offensive to the gay community and sponsors would drop away like flies.

Sydney is home to many gay and lesbian folks. I happen to have many work colleagues whom are openly gay. In this day and age you just cant spread such hate and expect that no one will care what you say.

And Ian Roberts says hi.

Yes, yes and yes. He is an upper echelon athlete. I’d be thrilled to have him for a few years.
It was only Peter beatoff that came out and said he wasn’t welcome but he that goose isn’t important and is out of touch with the game.

I just want to reiterate - I am not saying that he is necessarily someone i WANT in the team for his personal views. So please don't mistake this with me supporting his opinions.

Those of you who have read my posts also know I believe we (Manly) should be a bit more 'elite' in terms of the players we are willing to have play for us (i know many disagree).

I am purely posing the question from a football perspective.

If we apply morals/ethics or business sense, we would never contemplate him*.

*we would also sack a number of our current players.

As for Beatoff - I rate his opinion as highly as Greenturd. SO he is welcome not to comment on this thread!

For football reasons yes. He is an incredible athlete whom has all the skills.

For respect of your fellow humans no, and never to play for our great club, whom wouldn’t be disrespectful enough to ever contemplate it. Saying people are going to hell because of their sexuality is extremely offensive to the gay community and sponsors would drop away like flies.

Sydney is home to many gay and lesbian folks. I happen to have many work colleagues whom are openly gay. In this day and age you just cant spread such hate and expect that no one will care what you say.

And Ian Roberts says hi.

I can see how some may be offended ... I think he is a goose for believing in hell .... it would only be a short stint before he gets banned from NRL ..

Big fat NO, his bigoted views have just lost him a big pay check and the church must be pressurising him to go and find them some more cash. Nothing but a mercenary, there are far more worthy ‘team’ players around.

After so long away from league, languishing in the cotton wool of afl and union, I doubt he will be that good anymore

All this drama and hatred for a delusional happy clapper posting silly cliched memes saying sinners are going to hell .... thank goodness he didn't get bombed to the eyeballs and violently carry out a home invasion threatening to kill a woman while bashing a man half his size in front of his traumatised child ......

All this drama and hatred for a delusional happy clapper posting silly cliched memes saying sinners are going to hell .... thank goodness he didn't get bombed to the eyeballs and violently carry out a home invasion threatening to kill a woman while bashing a man half his size in front of his traumatised child ......

Im with ya @Woodsie

But again - I asked the question purely on football ability.... people can't seem to differentiate their opinions?

He has played at the highest level of League and Union. He is only 30. He would likely to the most successful winger/centre of the modern era if he had stuck with league. He hasn't tackled in 5 years.... but he also hasn't BEEN tackled. So injury and impact injuries are minimal...... Considering some of the players we throw around who have had THREE knee reco's and never play SOO or for Australia (yes, i am talking about GUTHO)... i can't help but find it ironic.

It's interesting how Folau can't get a start anywhere yet the NRL is pumping Haas and Ramadan and his sob stories down our throats.

Manly need to continue the policy of signing players other NRL clubs don't want....as only the sides with poor rosters like Roosters, Souths and Broncos can continue to afford the star players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7