Oh no not again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just NSW police wanting revenge after what they saw as an embarrassing loss in the courts.

The cynical side of me is thinking that this just happens to coincide with mid-year budget reviews and a high profile loss in the courts doesn't sit well with the powers that be in the NSW Police. A conviction would definitely look much better on the balance sheets.

The cynical side of me is thinking that this just happens to coincide with mid-year budget reviews and a high profile loss in the courts doesn't sit well with the powers that be in the NSW Police. A conviction would definitely look much better on the balance sheets.
They do have KPIs of conviction rates etc :nerd:

Its possible there could be a concern for welfare for both the child and the woman.

I dont like Rothfeld, but I dont get the hate for him over this. Its a news story and he is a reporter (sure a bad one).

Its possible there could be a concern for welfare for both the child and the woman.

I dont like Rothfeld, but I dont get the hate for him over this. Its a news story and he is a reporter (sure a bad one).
It's not a news story as the Police have merely allegedly lodged a standard internal request to the DPP.
At best a byline in a newspaper column for stories of potential appeals :wondering:

I'm not a Walker fan but re litigating an independent Court ruling with a 3 page newspaper spread is not journalism just click bait :mad:

Alex would be harmed by this exposure more so than Walker as she is now seen as either abused or hysterical by the wider public :cool:

Buzz's article us highly inflamatory IMO @:cool:

It's not a news story as the Police have merely allegedly lodged a standard internal request to the DPP.
At best a byline in a newspaper column for stories of potential appeals :wondering:

I'm not a Walker fan but re litigating an independent Court ruling with a 3 page newspaper spread is not journalism just click bait :mad:

Alex would be harmed by this exposure more so than Walker as she is now seen as either abused or hysterical by the wider public :cool:

Buzz's article us highly inflamatory IMO @:cool:
Well said

... and if your supposition is correct .... they are then appealing becuase of personal reasons rather than for the good of the communuty ..
Not necessarily. They obviously believe Dylan is guilty and has only been let off because the victim changed her story. Which, when you see the police body cam footage and her statement on the day of the incident compared to what she says in court, I'm not surprised.

Can't believe that this is even newsworthy.. I agree that Rothtools assertion that Manly have yet to inform the integrity unit is highly inflammatory.. This has nothing to do with the integrity unit or Greenberg or anyone. Dylan Walker has not been charged by the police for anything new. Previous charges have been quashed. So he cannot be stood down under the no fault system even if the appeal proceeded because there are no charges against him.

The police should back off and worry about other more pressing issues. I'm sure there are other cases out there more deserving of the limited resources than this face saving campaign.

Not necessarily. They obviously believe Dylan is guilty and has only been let off because the victim changed her story. Which, when you see the police body cam footage and her statement on the day of the incident compared to what she says in court, I'm not surprised.

Possibly ... but it is not the role of police to determine guilt, regardless of the victim story .... that is the duty of the courts .... and they found him not guilty based on all the evidence .presented including her conflicting stories ....

... At the moment Dylan, his wife and child are living together, and have been since the night of the arguement ... and without any better knowledge .... at peace and trying to put the incident behind them ...

I could understand if there was a string of priors or he was Jake the Muss .... but in this instance I am struggling to see whose benefit an appeal would satisfy .... or what public good would be achieved

Possibly ... but it is not the role of police to determine guilt, regardless of the victim story .... that is the duty of the courts .... and they found him not guilty based on all the evidence .presented including her conflicting stories ....

... At the moment Dylan, his wife and child are living together, and have been since the night of the arguement ... and without any better knowledge .... at peace and trying to put the incident behind them ...

I could understand if there was a string of priors or he was Jake the Muss .... but in this instance I am struggling to see whose benefit an appeal would satisfy .... or what public good would be achieved

Who knows. Maybe they know the appeal will be knocked back but are going ahead with it anyway to please someone and to tick the 'we tried' box?

Way to much power also. Power corrupts and they use it to their advantage. Only friends cops have are other cops or bum lickers that suck up to them. They do it for the power and the glory. So so corrupt the system we have in place. No one to complain to no one listens and no one cares unless its the cops complaining.

All I can say is when something happens (and I hope not), bet you go looking for these guys to save you. Hmmmm

If you call a written complaint to the police integrity commission two years ago, and to date they will not call me back or tell me whats going on, a call for help, yeah you might understand exactly what i mean.

If he is innocent what does he have to worry about? The he would be found not guilty again...if not then he needs to suffer the consequences

If he is innocent what does he have to worry about? The he would be found not guilty again...if not then he needs to suffer the consequences

He is innocent .... a court said he was .....and what he has to worry about is the undoubted stress and tension this sort of process and over the top publicity places on his relationship and family .....

He is 24 years old .... he did bad .... he has been publicly humiliated and shunned and as correct as that may be .... enough is enough .... at the very minimum his wife and child deserve the chance to rebuild and progress their lifes without more bull**** that will not benefit them in anyway ....

Whose interests are served in this .....

It’s probably already been asked.. but is this good enough for Greenturd to apply his “no fault” rubbish again?

It would be beyond farcical... but not beyond the Todd methinks..

Actually Woodsie the police do have the right to appeal, just as a defendant does. But they have to supply justifiable cause to the DPP for taking that action. Courts are not infallible (as demonstrated by the De Bellin case where similar cases all found in favour of the individual over the corporation) and I would have liked to see that case go before the High Court and three judges. But the difference in the appeal process is that if it is against severity, there is usually a degree of latitude for a judge to reduce or increase a penalty. But in the case of questioning a magistrates or judges decision, it has to be shown that the judge erred in law in some manner or that certain evidence was not being considered. If the police prosecution cannot raise sufficient arguments to the DPP, their efforts to appeal will be thrown out

Actually Woodsie the police do have the right to appeal

I know this ... my comment was in response to old mate saying the police may believe him to be guilty .... I simply said they may but that is not their call .. that is for the courts to determine ..

He is innocent .... a court said he was .....and what he has to worry about is the undoubted stress and tension this sort of process and over the top publicity places on his relationship and family .....

He is 24 years old .... he did bad .... he has been publicly humiliated and shunned and as correct as that may be .... enough is enough .... at the very minimum his wife and child deserve the chance to rebuild and progress their lifes without more bull**** that will not benefit them in anyway ....

Whose interests are served in this .....

I would suggest the police think otherwise and want the opportunity to appeal via the channels that they can

To be honest as long as this is a consistent position by police for all cases (not just the high profile ones) i do not see the issue.

Woodise what would your stance be if he is found guilty re appealing?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8