Oh no not again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would suggest the police think otherwise and want the opportunity to appeal via the channels that they can

To be honest as long as this is a consistent position by police for all cases (not just the high profile ones) i do not see the issue.

Woodise what would your stance be if he is found guilty re appealing?

Same as now .... I don't know whose interests that would serve ... certainly not his wife and childs .... if there was a traumatised victim somewhere that was seeking justice I could not only understand, I would demand it ... but that is not the case here ...

And the police may well feel he is guilty ... but whilst all DV is abhorent .... this is comparatively at the lower end of the scale ... a conviction is hardly going to take a career criminal of the strrets .....

You have to wonder how this info gets to the media.

Especially as in this case all the police have actually done is put in a submission to the DPP to have the case appealed. Someone within the NSW Police has either had to tell the drunken fool directly, or they have told someone and somewhere down the line (rather quickly) its gotten to Rothfield and because its Manly he's decided to make a big story out of it.

The thing I question with Rothfield is that if this was a Sharks player.....would it have made the front page? Would it have even made it to the paper to become public knowledge?

giphy.gif

The title made me do this

DAILYTELEGRAPH › Annotations

Lawyer claims NRL player Dylan Walker is being targeted by police

JANET FIFE-YEOMANSTHE DAILY TELEGRAPH JUNE 24, 2019

Police have been accused of targeting Manly Sea Eagles star Dylan Walker over domestic violence proceedings just because he is a high-profile footballer.

His fiancee’s lawyer, Greg Walsh, said it was six weeks since he wrote to police on her behalf to tell them Alex Ivkovic felt safe but they have not replied.

“Dylan Walker is being targeted because of his profile as a rugby league footballer, it's very clear," Mr Walsh claimed on Monday.

Alex Ivkovic has told she does not want an AVO against her partner Dylan Walker. Picture: Chris Pavlich

As police wait for advice from the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions about whether an appeal can be lodged against the Magistrate's decision to acquit Walker of assaulting Ms Ivkovic, they will press ahead with applying for an apprehended violence order which she has told police she does not want.

Police sources said it was not up to Ms Ivkovic to drop the AVO application because it was police who were making the application. She may not even have to give evidence.

They made the application after being called to the couple's Dee Why home in December last year when they were satisfied there was enough evidence to take out an AVO and they "didn't need her agreement to do that", the source said.

MORE NEWS

Mr Walsh said Ms Ivkovic was very upset. “This matter has been going on long enough and police should not use the profile of Mr Walker as a means of seeking to pressure to pressure Ms Ivkovic to return to court in circumstances where there is no community interest in doing so," Mr Walsh said.

“She has a very close and loving relationship with Dylan Walker and does not wish to be involved any further in any court proceedings.

“There is no necessity in the circumstances to protect her.”

“It is not uncommon for police to apply for AVOs on behalf of alleged victims if they believe the person is in any danger,” a police spokesman said on Monday night.

The lawyer for Walker’s fiancee claims he is being targeted because of his profile as NRL player. Picture: AAP Image/Joel Carrett

Walker was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and assault but Magistrate Michelle Goodwin said she could not be satisfied “beyond a reasonable doubt” that the assault had occurred.

She found the former NSW and Australian centre not guilty on May 10.

Legal sources said it was unlikely there were any grounds for an appeal except on a matter of law and unless it could be shown that the magistrate “totally misdirected herself as to how the law was”.

“It is extraordinary for the police to go down this track,” the legal source said.

https://outline.com/my3BKU

I think most people would accept that this is 'extremely unlikely' to go anywhere. That's to put it mildly. Regardless of the actual facts of the matter. The case is a lame duck whilst the young lady in question won't cooperate. Which she has consistently done since the initial incident. I would be extremely surprised if the Police themselves don't admit this behind closed doors.

However no doubt the Police feel obliged to be "seen to doing the right things " in regard to Domestic Violence. This attempt to revive this again could cynically be seen as an exercise in public relations. A box ticked. Albeit I understand their frustrations the way the case played out, it shouldn't be personal.

But the court of public opinion will lie in wait against Dylan Walker and should he sneeze in public without saying Gesundheit at any time in the future I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. Let's hope this latest re-hash serves to remind him of that at least.

From the lurker

Treacherous waters

Biscay Ruler: What do you make of the cops continuing to go after Dylan Walker? What does it mean for Manly?

The Lurker: Time will tell if the cops pursue case and given the legalities around that, I'm loath to form an opinion.

What does it mean for Manly? Nothing - at this stage. They're actually preparing to offer him a drastically reduced contract extension.

If what has been said on here previously is correct, if the DPP don't go ahead and appeal, the police can do sfa (legally) and can just get back to being tasered by members of the public.

What does it mean for Manly? Nothing - at this stage. They're actually preparing to offer him a drastically reduced contract extension.

No chance of Dylan taking a big pay cut .... there are 15 other teams plus the SuperLeague that would snap up a top tier centre in minutes ....

No chance of Dylan taking a big pay cut .... there are 15 other teams plus the SuperLeague that would snap up a top tier centre in minutes ....

*cough*

images

edit: I guess you said 'top tier' ...

Soon!!!!

-fingers crossed

But they don't have the TurBros to upgrade :nerd:

Maybe moving OS would help Walker's family as he had pissed off the NSW Police here :cool:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7