Oh no not again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder what the conviction rate is for those who face a second trial for this sort of offending such as Dylan is accused of.

Also, I wonder how many times the Police appeal a not guilty DV case.
Is it the norm for Police to do this or is this just a bit of grandstanding?

I get that there would be plenty of cases like this where the defendant is found not guilty and the Police would be pissed off with the courts verdict but I really am interested in how many not guilty verdicts they do challenge.

I'm not surprised at all.

It's one of those cases that probably really pisses the police and DV workers off. They believe they have enough evidence to get a conviction and then the victim changes their story or can't remember what happened by the time it gets to court.

Take massive offense to your comment. At end of day each police officer takes on societies issues and are at the forefront of most crimes, accidents.

When you are prepared to knock on some parents door and be able to say sorry your child has been killed in a car accident, or taken an overdose of drugs, been raped or murdered, or we found your child who took their life - then you can comment. These wonderful individuals take on a role that most would not. Way underpaid.

I am related to a few, have some who are clients of mine, been on the receiving end of not so good news - Yes, some have an attitude, but what they live day in day out more than compensates. Seriously your comments are not needed. Stick to football!
Way to much power also. Power corrupts and they use it to their advantage. Only friends cops have are other cops or bum lickers that suck up to them. They do it for the power and the glory. So so corrupt the system we have in place. No one to complain to no one listens and no one cares unless its the cops complaining.

It's one of those cases that probably really pisses the police and DV workers off. They believe they have enough evidence to get a conviction and then the victim changes their story or can't remember what happened by the time it gets to court.
Problem is that the Courts are stretched to the limit as it is.

Appealing this whilst other cases where the alleged victim is agrieved is stalled, makes no monetary sense to NSW Taxpayers.

Even a guilty finding for Walker would have been a fine with no formal conviction being recorded.

Turdy can't do much as a Court has in fact acquitted Walker @:cool:

Last edited:
The system is consistent with procedures in law. Appeals by police are just as legal as those by defendants. Might hate the idea from a Sea Eagle supporters position but the police are in their rights. The only poor legal result I've seen in recent times from the court was the De Bellin decision which was contrary to legal positions in the past. But I have no objections to the police taking the stand that they seem to be taking if they think justice has not been effectively served. In both instances I am trying to remain independent of the people involved, just dealing with the processes, which in the end effect us all.

As soon as we are travelling well there is an attempt to derail our campaign. Those with power lose sight of the purpose of this legislation which is to protect those that need it. This appeal is ego and agenda driven. Should never have made the front page they haven’t even lodged an appeal yet. Cops are leaking info to journos again! Time they were prosecuted by their employer!

Way to much power also. Power corrupts and they use it to their advantage. Only friends cops have are other cops or bum lickers that suck up to them. They do it for the power and the glory. So so corrupt the system we have in place. No one to complain to no one listens and no one cares unless its the cops complaining.

No the police have been stripped of most of their power, that's the problem.

If they had any power justice would be dished out to these gutless thugs at the time of arrest, and they'd think seriously about repeat offending. Instead they go to court, get let off or a lenient penalty. Any sign of things getting tough generation snow flake cry brutality.

Honestly I'd might have some respect if Walker had pleaded guilty and accepted responsibility for his actions.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...l/news-story/1db496d3eaae577457687a62340de5fd

The future of Manly Sea Eagles star Dylan Walker is again hanging in the balance as police challenged his not guilty finding on charges of assaulting his partner.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal police prosecutors have handed their files to the DPP to examine avenues of appeal against the decision by a magistrate to find Walker not guilty of attacking his fiancee Alexandra Ivkovic.

It can also be revealed Walker is due to again face Manly court on July 23 for an apprehended violence order hearing in relation to Ms Ivkovic.

It is understood the police request for an AVO was not part of the assault hearing and will now be heard separately next month. It is not known whether the police will push ahead with seeking the AVO on behalf of Ms Ivkovic or request that it be withdrawn.

In regard to the not guilty finding on the assault charge, if the DPP thinks the police case has merit, an appeal will be launched in the District Court. The matter is still being considered.

As of Thursday night, Walker’s club Manly had not informed the NRL integrity unit of the latest developments.

They will continue to monitor the case but allow him to play.

A magistrate last month found Walker not guilty of domestic violence charges against his fiancee.

A police spokesman told The Daily Telegraph: “NSW Police can confirm prosecutors have requested the Director of Public Prosecutions consider an appeal of a not-guilty verdict of a 24-year-old man for common assault (DV) and assault occasioning actual bodily harm (DV).”

In Manly Local Court, magistrate Michelle Goodwin dismissed the charges, saying she was not satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that Walker had assaulted Ms Ivkovic, a former Miss Universe Australia.

It had been alleged Walker had pulled Ms Ivkovic to the ground by her ponytail over an argument while he was playing a PlayStation video game.

In a triple-0 phone call, a terrified Ms Ivkovic told police Walker “pulled my hair and I fell down as I was holding my baby”.

She later retracted her statement.

The chilling audio, video footage from body worn police cameras and photos of Ms Ivkovic’s alleged injuries were released after the Sea Eagles centre was found not guilty.

Walker was stood down by the NRL until cleared by the court. He missed the first nine rounds of the season.

The former NSW and Australian player was arrested at his Dee Why apartment on Prescott Ave about 5pm on December 6 last year.

The triple-O operator sent an ambulance “just to make sure that your baby is okay”, and paramedics treated the 24-year-old mum for cuts to her shoulder, leg and feet.

“He was playing PlayStation, he got pissed off that I interrupted the game,” Ms Ivkovic said.

But she later told Walker’s hearing she had been in shock and did not have a firm grip on her emotions.

After calming down, she said she began “recalling things differently” and “realised he didn’t grab my hair”.

In the disturbing emergency call, the crying young mother can be heard saying: “I don’t want to be alone with him … he’s scaring me when he’s like this.”

Neighbour Lauren O’Sullivan, who went to Ms Ivkovic’s aid, previously told the court she had seen Walker yank her by the hair “very hard”.

The court heard the argument that led to the incident began after Ms Ivkovic asked Walker whether he wanted a spoon or a fork for his dinner.

The Manly Sea Eagles declined to comment.

... and if your supposition is correct .... they are then appealing becuase of personal reasons rather than for the good of the communuty ..

The system is consistent with procedures in law. Appeals by police are just as legal as those by defendants. Might hate the idea from a Sea Eagle supporters position but the police are in their rights. The only poor legal result I've seen in recent times from the court was the De Bellin decision which was contrary to legal positions in the past. But I have no objections to the police taking the stand that they seem to be taking if they think justice has not been effectively served. In both instances I am trying to remain independent of the people involved, just dealing with the processes, which in the end effect us all.

Think the thing is I agree police are rightly within their powers to appeal it’s just that how buzz Rothtool has published the story that has people like me annoyed. Clear bias and agenda from him. Why was not jack de bellin fresh charges front page news?
It just another attempt by buzz to tear down this club he hates, yes he is reporting facts but really front page news worthy at this stage of the process I don’t think so.

Random thoughts ..... Like or dislike Walker this is a hell of a lot for a 24 year old to deal with .....

... What greater good would this appeal serve ..... he is not Milat or Jake the Muss ... he is still living with her and their child in a relationship .... ?

... Will RothTurd print a dramatic front page story saying Walker is not guilty if the DPP doesn't appeal ?

Don't get Buzz's inference that Manly are hiding something from the NRL IU :cool:

Manly and even Walker would not be aware of an internal Police review until/if the DPP launches an appeal @:cool:

The AVO was held open till June according to earlier reports and thats why that matter needs to be addressed by a Magistrate.

Bizarre to find this leading the news and being a double page scoop by the DT :confused:

At this stage just the police appealing to the DPP.

They have to agree it should go back to appeal with the courts.

Bet it never gets any further.

What new evidence could they produce?

Time wasters.
Yeah, not a good day to get caught farking a goat if DT has dedicated 3 full pages including front page. Bloody wankers.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8