Oh no not again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s probably already been asked.. but is this good enough for Greenturd to apply his “no fault” rubbish again?

It would be beyond farcical... but not beyond the Todd methinks..
Absolutely not. You can only be stood down if charged by police and waiting trial. DW has already had his day in court and is innocent. Then again Greenturd is the judge.

Take massive offense to your comment. At end of day each police officer takes on societies issues and are at the forefront of most crimes, accidents.

When you are prepared to knock on some parents door and be able to say sorry your child has been killed in a car accident, or taken an overdose of drugs, been raped or murdered, or we found your child who took their life - then you can comment. These wonderful individuals take on a role that most would not. Way underpaid.

I am related to a few, have some who are clients of mine, been on the receiving end of not so good news - Yes, some have an attitude, but what they live day in day out more than compensates. Seriously your comments are not needed. Stick to football!

In no way was I referring to all police.....
Just police in the local commands of Manly and Dee why. This is from experience dealing with them over the last few years and years in my silly youth. Seeing how bad they are at their job and how incompetent and heavy handed they can be.

I also have friends that are apart of the force and the job they do I couldn't and I do thank them for what they do as they are amazing people, for protecting us and also dealing with those moments no one ever wants to deal with......
95% of them are true heros

They do have KPIs of conviction rates etc :nerd:
Really. That just sounds ridiculous.

If the lawyers are that crap that local polices KPI are great, why would the bother appealing this one.

If the coppers generally go down, why would they appeal this one and risk further embarrassment.

Wouldn't the magistrates summing up be crap be a little bit more likely?

Really. That just sounds ridiculous.

If the lawyers are that crap that local polices KPI are great, why would the bother appealing this one.

If the coppers generally go down, why would they appeal this one and risk further embarrassment.

Wouldn't the magistrates summing up be crap be a little bit more likely?
1) It's not costing the police their own monies so they can pursue a case in all levels of courts
2) High profile scalps are seen as a deterent to the great unwashed
3) Police are always frustrated by the judiciary as their hard work can be dismissed via a technicality of their Prosecutor
4) The Magistrate's reasonings can only be appealed on a point of law and not on the subjective opinion of arresting officers
5) KPIs are a huge part of the process as police are paid by the Tax payers and State budgets are limited

As per @Briza post above, LAC are closed down or merged based on measurables and not on actual Community needs :cool:

I used to write IT systems for the NSW Police on exactly these KPIs :nerd:

Policing is a thankless task and I am amazed at those who knowingly face the endless social traumas for such little wages :clapping:

Annual Report publishes KPI (not their secret base rates though)
Capture+_2019-06-21-17-42-56.png

Last edited:
Just police in the local commands of Manly and Dee why. This is from experience dealing with them over the last few years and years in my silly youth. Seeing how bad they are at their job and how incompetent and heavy handed they can be.

I also have friends that are apart of the force and the job they do I couldn't and I do thank them for what they do as they are amazing people, for protecting us and also dealing with those moments no one ever wants to deal with......
I had a friend who started her police career at Manly about 20 years ago. At that time she was appalled at the standard of her fellow (and clearly senior police). I'll leave it at that.
Incidentally, she quit because of it and ended up with a glamorous job in the music industry. Winner!

So we can all agree KPI don't account for why an appeal would be lodged then!
KPI is merely a factor, along with cost of mounting a prosecution and the likelihood of conviction based on similar cases.

But conviction rates are the driver in how to spend the budget :nerd:

Let’s face it, Phil has never been the same since he lost his genitalia* in an unfortunate meat grinding accident at the sausage and kidney bench at the local meat works many years ago - whilst on work experience from Hobbit Shire High, located in beautiful downtown Waterfall.

*Hence the nasally high-pitched, whiny voice and the propensity to slurp the turps, whilst dredging up salacious sludge regarding clubs other than his own, simply to forget his troubles.

KPI is merely a factor, along with cost of mounting a prosecution and the likelihood of conviction based on similar cases.

But conviction rates are the driver in how to spend the budget :nerd:
@Happy if that made sense then it would never be given to the dpp to consider would it, because there is always only one party who is going to have egg on their face.

We both know it is not that simple.

What we do know is Walker won't not be playing any time soon, as the decision of the magistrate stands until it is over turned by the appeal court.

All good, we all have experiences.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7