NRL's 17th Team - The (Redcliffe) dolphins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Haha Bennett said "“This is a wonderful club, great area and it’s not about one person.”
What area??
Seriously the Moreton Bay mayor was just interviewed, as was the Redcliffe local member , as was the local chamber of commerce.

They are all PISSED that it’s no mention of the area or the city.

AND, the council threw money in !!

They are very very angry .

I am sure they (the Sea Cows) will see reason in due course.

It’s a bit like the Dishlickers marketing themselves as the ‘Sydney Bulldogs’ years ago. Eventually common sense prevailed. There was a certain logic to Eastern Suburbs becoming the Sydney Roosters - they’re cheek by jowl with the city.

I am sure they (the Sea Cows) will see reason in due course.

It’s a bit like the Dishlickers marketing themselves as the ‘Sydney Bulldogs’ years ago. Eventually common sense prevailed. There was a certain logic to Eastern Suburbs becoming the Sydney Roosters - they’re cheek by jowl with the city.
Honestly I have no idea why they dropped the Moreton Bay name ( it’s a huge area ).

We have the , Gold Coast Titans , the North Queensland Cowboys , the Brisbane Broncos.

And now , “ the Dolphins “.

Ridiculous in my opinion.

Cameron George confirmed the Warriors will cut ties with the Redcliffe Dolphins at the end of next season and plan to have their own lower grade teams in 2023.

The Dolphins won the battle to become the 17th NRL team this week and will start signing players from November 1.

Redcliffe have made their first signing!

Former Queensland under-18 representative Harrison Graham has reportedly become the first player signed by NRL expansion side the Dolphins.

I like it

And today in the Courier Mail the very first story which is a small part of what I was alluding to regarding some of the former scandals associated with the Dolphins... Story about Bob Jones Chairman of Redcliffe - and his role with the Storm Financial empire ...... many people with very close links to the Redcliffe Dolphins were prime movers behind the Storm Financial empire and their strategy. Thousands of Redcliffe people and many thousands of others lost everything because of the Storm implosion. I was luckily one of those who was offered to get involved and have my investment strategy based on their investment plan but I said no thanks - too risky for me. So I lost nothing and none of my close friends or family lost anything but many thousands did. As I said this is just one issue that journos can well find out with some digging... and there is lots to find. Again I will say if there was a proper investigation by the NRL into the club and happenings in the past - no way the NRL would give them a licence and I wont say anymore other than the Me2ers would have made sure of that!

Honestly I have no idea why they dropped the Moreton Bay name ( it’s a huge area ).

We have the , Gold Coast Titans , the North Queensland Cowboys , the Brisbane Broncos.

And now , “ the Dolphins “.

Ridiculous in my opinion.
Completely ridiculous. They will be the only team in the nrl without an area name. Nrl should step in and make sure they align to other clubs with sn area name first. I drive to Caboolture 3 days a week and see that billboard saying North Harbour (developer I think) welcomes the Dolphins, with a large smiling cartoon dolphin emblem. It looks and sounds ridiculous. I think they should go with Moreton bay Dolphins or similar to us Moreton-Redcliffe Dolphins.

Completely ridiculous. They will be the only team in the nrl without an area name. Nrl should step in and make sure they align to other clubs with sn area name first. I drive to Caboolture 3 days a week and see that billboard saying North Harbour (developer I think) welcomes the Dolphins, with a large smiling cartoon dolphin emblem. It looks and sounds ridiculous. I think they should go with Moreton bay Dolphins or similar to us Moreton-Redcliffe Dolphins.
Either option would be fine , and honestly how often do you see the words “ the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles “ used by announcers , in the press etc etc. Yes it does get mentioned but a minuscule amount compared to “ Manly” or “ the Eagles “ or “ the Sea Eagles “.

The name is more to encompass the marketing area , to me it’s as dumb as dog **** !

Yep but they need to start announcing some pickups to build momentum and encourage others to join.

Perhaps then have signed 1 or 2 but they are waiting on cheese to parade him as a marqueee before then announcing the others?

Dunno though, reckon there would be no harm in locking down and announcing a Nikorima, Isaako or Taupau type signing

Yep but they need to start announcing some pickups to build momentum and encourage others to join.

Perhaps then have signed 1 or 2 but they are waiting on cheese to parade him as a marqueee before then announcing the others?

Dunno though, reckon there would be no harm in locking down and announcing a Nikorima, Isaako or Taupau type signing
They’d be waiting on a marquee signing to announce so it looks good for them.

They’d have thrown the bank at the Cheese.

They’d be waiting on a marquee signing to announce so it looks good for them.

They’d have thrown the bank at the Cheese.
The Dolphins could be the poor mans Bulldogs in 23, Cheese may not want to be the go to guy all the time in crucial try scoring plays. One full season of carrying all the hopes and dreams of the fans could lead to one tired and battered footy player come the end of August.

The Dolphins could be the poor mans Bulldogs in 23, Cheese may not want to be the go to guy all the time in crucial try scoring plays. One full season of carrying all the hopes and dreams of the fans could lead to one tired and battered footy player come the end of August.
Could be but far too early to say.

For all we know they could end up with a spine of Ponga, Wighton, Nikorima and Smith

Still a lot to play out

Early days yet but didn't the media wax lyrically (and incessantly) about master coach bennett and how players would line up around the corner to sign with the dolphins just to be coached by him?

Seen the comments on twitter too, the dolphins need to toughen up a bit this is the nrl. Generally speaking the elite of elite don't change clubs. I see cheese going to roosters and Ponga staying at knights

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6