NRL's 17th Team - The (Redcliffe) dolphins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
According to The Sydney Morning Herald, Bennett's deal with the Dolphins will commence from November 1, and that the club would lock him in for two years, with an option for a third.
It's understood he has hired Sam Ayoub to make the deal with the new club.

What surprises me is that Bennett needs an agent to sew up a deal. Surely Bennett is experienced enough to negotiate his own contract? It seems to me he has screwed money out of every club he's coached. He could ask for virtually anything and the 'Fins would oblige.

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, Bennett's deal with the Dolphins will commence from November 1, and that the club would lock him in for two years, with an option for a third.

What surprises me is that Bennett needs an agent to sew up a deal. Surely Bennett is experienced enough to negotiate his own contract? It seems to me he has screwed money out of every club he's coached. He could ask for virtually anything and the 'Fins would oblige.
Surely he is using Ayoub coz he wants some players that he represents.

Just call them the Redcliffe Dolphins for fuksake. Plenty of NRL teams have a team in nsw cup with the same name. Why change something that is instantly recognised in the rugby league world. Ponytailed marketing wankers who think they need to rebrand something to appeal to the public.

I

I doubt he is interested in doing much more than signing on the dotted line. The drawing up of legal documents, etc. is probably not something he can be bothered with.

Every team in the NRL represents a geographical region; it seems preposterous for The Dolphins to be 1 exception amongst 16 other clubs. I get the attempt to appeal to a wider demographic but the irony of keeping it so open ended, is that they could wind up representing nothing...

Moreton Bay Dolphins makes sense as it's three or four times the size of Redcliffe and anyone on the outskirts will probably adopt them. Maybe they could bring back the South Queensland moniker?!

Who is starting the petition to keep Redcliffe Dolphins as the name haha

Last edited:
Funny thing.

Went for a driving trip today with my immediate next door neighbours.

“ Let’s go to Redcliffe and have lunch at the Dolphins “ says my neighbour Baz.

Yeah ok says me , let’s get up there for a coffee , check out the ground and have some lunch.

So , just as we walk in and line up for a coffee the manager comes on the speaker system and said “ members & guests , welcome to the home of the 17th NRL side “.

Lots of clapping and cheering.

The Sunshine Dolphins (because they are close to the Sunshine Coast).
Imagine the meteorological match-up with the Storm? It would be a force of nature.

Just call them the Redcliffe Dolphins for fuksake. Plenty of NRL teams have a team in nsw cup with the same name. Why change something that is instantly recognised in the rugby league world. Ponytailed marketing wankers who think they need to rebrand something to appeal to the public.
Manly for example represents about 25 suburbs and increasingly the whole north shore of Sydney.

In this new case the league want dolphins to be moreton bay or river city or some crap.

Do they think people from belrose or narrabeen don’t want to support manly because their junior clubs are rivals?

Funny thing.

Went for a driving trip today with my immediate next door neighbours.

“ Let’s go to Redcliffe and have lunch at the Dolphins “ says my neighbour Baz.

Yeah ok says me , let’s get up there for a coffee , check out the ground and have some lunch.

So , just as we walk in and line up for a coffee the manager comes on the speaker system and said “ members & guests , welcome to the home of the 17th NRL side “.

Lots of clapping and cheering.

Did....they just move in?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4