NRL's 17th Team - The (Redcliffe) dolphins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No he is very good (maybe the best) at getting the most from good players. The only time he has had to assemble a squad under adversity he didn't go so well. I agree with your 3 year assessment, if the Dolphins play the long game and build from within. However clubs can be fickle and if Wayne gets pressure to succeed instantly he will probably walk as he has nothing left to prove.
Jeez how bad would Newcastle have been then without him?

He had the qld origin team as a club side for most of his career.

Kenny Bromwich announced

Solid experiend pack forming but could do with a game breaker

1.Jamayne Isaako
5.Valynce Te Whare
6.Micheal Roberts (Dev)
8.Jesse Bromwich
9.Harrison Graham (Dev)
10.Mark Nicholls
11.Kenny Bromwich
12.Feluse Kaufusi
13.Ray Stone

What nonsense journalism, as if other clubs didnt expect the Dolphins to actively try and sign the best players they can

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220203-122955_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220203-122955_Gallery.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 18
Kenny Bromwich announced

1.Jamayne Isaako
5.Valynce Te Whare
6.Micheal Roberts (Dev)
8.Jesse Bromwich
9.Harrison Graham (Dev)
10.Mark Nicholls
11.Kenny Bromwich
12.Feluse Kaufusi
13.Ray Stone

Nothing there really, to strike any fear in our heads. Thought Kenny B would follow his brother across. Bellyache must be getting worried seeing his forward stocks plummeting for 23...

Nothing there really, to strike any fear in our heads. Thought Kenny B would follow his brother across. Bellyache must be getting worried seeing his forward stocks plummeting for 23...
Agreed but I dont think it is a realistic goal for Redcliffe to strike fear into top 4 teams.

Their aim should be to build a foundation, dont get the spoon, be competitive. 10-12th would be a great season.

Last edited:
Red and White, I wonder is there a connection?

Founded in 1934 and is also referred to as Fotballaget Fart. Norway international players Thorstein Helstad and Kristin Bekkevold started their careers at Fart.

I understand that their greatest rivals are the Braf, the Shat, and the Shart - although they usually wind up following through by pissing all over the latter.

Kenny Bromwich announced

1.Jamayne Isaako
5.Valynce Te Whare
6.Micheal Roberts (Dev)
8.Jesse Bromwich
9.Harrison Graham (Dev)
10.Mark Nicholls
11.Kenny Bromwich
12.Feluse Kaufusi
13.Ray Stone

I reckon Bennett will be going after Cody Walker.

Bellamy won't mind losing the Bromwich boys and Kaufusi, they are getting towards the veteran class anyway, and Storm has had their best years. Although with a change of scene might still yield a couple of good years. Same reason Storm didn't fight to keep Finucane.
They'll still have Welch, Harry Grant, NAS if he overcomes his fear of needles, Kamikamica, and probably half a dozen junior Kangaroos or Kiwis about to reach NRL age.

That's not a bad start on a forward pack .. and Bennett still hasn't thrown any million dollar deals for his maquis players yet .

That's not a bad start on a forward pack .. and Bennett still hasn't thrown any million dollar deals for his maquis players yet .
Putting together enough of a squad for someone like Ponga to think 'hey, they aren't complete trash, I'll take their money'

Still surprised Nikorima hasnt signed, thought he'd be one of the first through the door

Putting together enough of a squad for someone like Ponga to think 'hey, they aren't complete trash, I'll take their money'

Still surprised Nikorima hasnt signed, thought he'd be one of the first through the door

Yep .. each good player they get will convince another one to join ..

Bellamy won't mind losing the Bromwich boys and Kaufusi, they are getting towards the veteran class anyway, and Storm has had their best years. Although with a change of scene might still yield a couple of good years. Same reason Storm didn't fight to keep Finucane.
They'll still have Welch, Harry Grant, NAS if he overcomes his fear of needles, Kamikamica, and probably half a dozen junior Kangaroos or Kiwis about to reach NRL age.
Good point and perspective feathered friend about the storms out going aging veterans

And as usual Bellamy will find some great young prospects to replace them and replicate their great input to the Storm team

As for the Dolphins , They have acquired some big match winning experienced players that will set the foundations of a winning culture

Every Season the successful clubs clubs keep upgrading their roster

Because when you do that . They only way is up from the previous season

Sometime later this morning, Wayne Bennett is expected to announce the signings of Greg Dowling, Greg Conescu and Bryan Niebling to Dolphins contracts.

Its expected that the veteran Kangaroos trio will form the Dolphins starting front row in 2023. For Niebling and Conescu its something of a homecoming, both having played for Redcliffe in the old BRL competition from 1984–87 and 1985–87 respectively before joining Bennett at the Broncos in 1988.

Last edited:
Sometime later this morning, Wayne Bennett is expected to announce the signings of Greg Dowling, Greg Conescu and Bryan Niebling to Dolphins contracts.

Its expected that the veteran Kangaroos trio will form the Dolphins starting front row in 2023. For Niebling and Conescu its something of a homecoming, both having played for Redcliffe in the old BRL competition from 1984–87 and 1985–87 respectively before joining Bennett at the Broncos in 1988.
Yes it's noticeable all the 'names' he's got so far are 30 plus.
However getting a core of hard very experienced forwards who know how to succeed at the top level sounds reasonable when starting a roster from scratch. Could also could take some pressure off a Ponga or Munster type if they're able to land a marquee type star. Not sure how they'll go in year 2 or 3 but certainly they should have a rock solid pack in year 1, and maybe that's a fairly good place to start?

Yes it's noticeable all the 'names' he's got so far are 30 plus.
However getting a core of hard very experienced forwards who know how to succeed at the top level sounds reasonable when starting a roster from scratch. Could also could take some pressure off a Ponga or Munster type if they're able to land a marquee type star. Not sure how they'll go in year 2 or 3 but certainly they should have a rock solid pack in year 1, and maybe that's a fairly good place to start?

The point is that they are looking right now like they are going to have a Dad's Army type team, mostly because the smarter of the current NRL clubs, Manly included, realized that the Dolphins would be looking to raid other clubs juniors so those clubs went on a re-signing spree and locked up their more talented kids to contracts beyond 2023 when Redcliffe joins the league. All that's been left to the Dolphins are the veterans, so far.

And to me a rock solid pack is one with a mix of hardened veterans, those in their prime and some young guns pushing through, not just a bunch of players looking for a Catalans like retirement home where they get one last big payday before sailing off into the sunset.

Whilst many are joking atm I actually don't mind their current approach to get a few experienced leaders to develop standards and culture.

Remember it is only 7 of 30 spots they have filled.

And their 3 most linked in the press at the moment are Farnworth (22) and Nanai (18) for 2023 and Cobbo (19) for 2024

And to me a rock solid pack is one with a mix of hardened veterans, those in their prime and some young guns pushing through, not just a bunch of players looking for a Catalans like retirement home where they get one last big payday before sailing off into the sunset.
Take another look at our semifinal thrashing by Storm, Kaufusi was basically too tough (and dirty) for us and the Bromwich's were rock solid, I wouldn't be writing them off as footy pensioners just yet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6