NRL 9's in 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Joel thompson ... who is one of the smaller 2nd rowers going around .... is about 2-3 inches taller than Igor and about 8kg's heavier .....
That "s interesting , realize that Igor was a converted centre but thought that he may have played in the pack above the 90 k g range or so . Certainly am aware of course that the average size of the modern day higher level N R L player does exceed much earlier eras but natural ability and speed , still reckon that many of yesterday"s playing era guys would be still right up there . Regardless of any increased size factors with the more recent generations

With the naming of the Indigenous and the Maori team .... the nines have officially become a complete farce ..... most teams I suspect will be sending 2-3 stars, another 4-5 !st Graders, and a bunch of hopeful youngsters .....

With a million in prize money on offer the Indigenous and Maori teams have been allowed to raid the clubs and will be sending squads composed entirely of International level stars ..... no problem for them if they get injured ....

So much for level playing fields .... the NRL again doing everything to massage an outcome ....

That "s interesting , realize that Igor was a converted centre but thought that he may have played in the pack above the 90 k g range or so . Certainly am aware of course that the average size of the modern day higher level N R L player does exceed much earlier eras but natural ability and speed , still reckon that many of yesterday"s playing era guys would be still right up there . Regardless of any increased size factors with the more recent generations

Igor was about 6'1" and played around the 95kg mark .... Joel is about 6'3" and around 104 kg's ...

Igor was about 6'1" and played around the 95kg mark .... Joel is about 6'3" and around 104 kg's ...
Forget the sizes - Igor would smash these bigger bodies in today's game, who are more used to being "Wrestled" to ground...as would Gillespie and Axe Gillmeister who would be near the smallest forwards in 2020...I'll add Toovey also - all 5'6 of him would pick up the Klemmers and hurl em into the turf....

Forget the sizes - Igor would smash these bigger bodies in today's game, who are more used to being "Wrestled" to ground...as would Gillespie and Axe Gillmeister who would be near the smallest forwards in 2020...I'll add Toovey also - all 5'6 of him would pick up the Klemmers and hurl em into the turf....

Hahaha ... you're dreaming .... except Toovey .... he was a weapon ....

Call me old fashion but tacking technique is everything. It really hurts when a good tackler cuts you in half. Randall and Pierce had brilliant technique and Jake has that marvelous talent. In my view when defending outside of the red zone the first tackler should always be looking to make a big impression with a well timed painfully punishing tackle under the ribs. It certainly slows the player down when trying to get up and play the ball. Good technique and plenty of courage allowed players like Tooves to play well above their weight.

Hahaha ... you're dreaming .... except Toovey .... he was a weapon ....
My dreams are more exciting than tackles old mate...but I will disagree 100% on the size of yesterdays players not coping today...in fact Jake Trobovic at 185cm is close to the hardest tackler in the game and has some old school skill sets and is a standout...and Cam Murray at 184cm and 90 kg seems to go ok too

I can imagine Paseka being really suited to this format, surprisingly.
Typically I see it as a backs dominated format but if Pez and T-Rex get some momentum and offloads happening, they will take up crucial numbers in the defensive line.
This looks like a good format for Croker to potentially stand out as well, it plays into his best attributes

Who do people think will shine in this comp? They don’t have to play for Manly...

With the naming of the Indigenous and the Maori team .... the nines have officially become a complete farce ..... most teams I suspect will be sending 2-3 stars, another 4-5 !st Graders, and a bunch of hopeful youngsters .....

Personally I enjoy this tournament for that exact reason, seeing a few names and a bunch of youngsters.

I'd actually be less keen for it if everyone rolled out their top squads.

Each to their own though

Well we are currently running equal 5/6th in the betting. So either we are likely to send some decent established players or people rate our youngsters (I'd go with this).
The Roosters are running second to last - I'm guessing they aren't getting their big guns anywhere near the field, and I think we have covered their history of junior players in previous posts :)

• 👍
Reactions: R3
The teams that played a more traditional style of Rugby League ... forwards hitting it up th middle and then throwing wide to the speedsters .... have been the teams that have done well the last few years .... teams that have been back dominated have struggled .... hope we send the right mix ....

When is the damn team going to be announced ...

All NRL teams have till 5pm next Tuesday to nominate FULL squads

So far all players definitely playing (NZ and Penrith no selections)

Corey Parker, David Fifita, Anthony Milford.
Andrew Ryan, Corey Harawira-Naera, Josh Jackson
Shaun Johnson
Reuben Garrick
Cameron Munster
Aidan Guerra, Kurt Mann
Coen Hess
Clint Gutherson
Adam Reynolds
Ben Hunt
Nick Davis
Pat Richards, Moses Mbye
Michael Gordon
Sam Williams and Elliott Whitehead

Does anyone know if the 9's games schedule is based on Perth or EADS times? Eg our first game on Friday night is 10.30pm!?

I understand our 9's team will be announced on Monday.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6