NRL 9's in 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well we are currently running equal 5/6th in the betting. So either we are likely to send some decent established players or people rate our youngsters (I'd go with this).
The Roosters are running second to last - I'm guessing they aren't getting their big guns anywhere near the field, and I think we have covered their history of junior players in previous posts :)

Uncle Nick probably views the nines as ‘Roosters tryout season’

There’s a Bobcat heading to Perth.
Nine years after he last pulled on the Canterbury jersey, Andrew “Bobcat” Ryan is set to make his rugby league comeback for the club.

Ryan, 41, will pull the boots back on for his beloved Bulldogs as a surprise inclusion in coach Dean Pay’s playing squad for the upcoming NRL Perth Nines.

Ryan, who retired from the NRL in 2011 after captaining the Dogs to the 2004 premiership and 218 appearances in total for the blue and whites, will also play a key role as mentor for the February 14-15 tournament in WA.

Ryan’s comeback continues a common trend of previous Nines tournaments which has seen retirees Brad Fittler, Jason Croker, Ken Nagas and Steve Menzies all pull on the colours of their former club.

Corey Parker - Andrew Ryan - Nick Davis??!!!!
Good way to protect 2020 squad members from risk of injury.
We should try to draft in Cliffy.

Does anyone know if the 9's games schedule is based on Perth or EADS times? Eg our first game on Friday night is 10.30pm!?

I understand our 9's team will be announced on Monday.
Perth is 3 hours behind so the last game starts 11pm Sydney time o_O

With the Cyclone hitting last night, Perth should be under water on the weekend;)

Dumb scheduling by the NRL, should have been in NZ again and on FTA TV to showcase the game

Weather is tipped to be good next weekend in Perth - not that the weather ppl are that accurate

Another old timer to play.

Former St George Illawarra international Jason Nightingale has described the Dragons as fit and focused after training with them in preparation for his NRL Nines comeback in Perth.

Nightingale, who retired at the end of the 2018 season, is excited at the opportunity to pull on the Red V jersey again at Optus Stadium next Friday night but he admitted that trying to keep up with his former teammates at training had been tough.

NRL: Newcastle Knights legend Kurt Gidley will return for his former club to take part in the Auckland Nines.

Former NSW State of Origin captain Kurt Gidley is coming out of retirement to play in next week’s NRL Nines competition in Perth.

One of Newcastle’s favourite sons, Gidley retired in 2015 after 251 appearances for the red and blue in his 16 seasons.

The 37-year-old also captained NSW in five of his 12 State of Origins and played 12 games for Australia.

“It’s been a bit of a whirlwind week,” Gidley said.

“I’m proud and excited to be back involved pulling the jersey on.

“To get this opportunity again from the coach was a big surprise, but I’m looking forward to being back around the playing group.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8