NRL 9's in 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Des Hasler says a series of off-season surgeries to his biggest stars is the reason Marty Taupau will be the only Manly player of note who features in this weekend's Nines.

Team list Tuesday and Manly are not the last to announce:-;

Sea Eagles Nines team
1 Luke Metcalf

2 Edwin Ipape

3 Zach Dockar-Clay

4 Brendan Elliot

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Lachlan Croker

7 Cade Cust

8 Tevita Funa

9 Toafofoa Sipley

10 Abbas Miski

11 Corey Waddell

12 Martin Taupau (C)

13 Haumole Olakau’atu

14 Sean Keppie

15 Taniela Paseka

16 Zac Saddler

17 Reed Izzard

18 Dane Aukafolau

I’m not sure the 9’s is a way to exactly “ showcase” some young talent , other than how fast they are.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but I think these competitions are a waste of time I’d rather see a “ magic weekend” with all 16 teams fielding 30 man squads , all knock out games , 4 x 10 minute quarters , golden point normal rules but trial some new rules.

That way it gives the up and comers a chance to show their wares in a “ proper “ game.

Unlimited interchanges, so players don’t get too fatigued.

Sea Eagles Nines team
1 Luke Metcalf

2 Edwin Ipape

3 Zach Dockar-Clay

4 Brendan Elliot

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Lachlan Croker

7 Cade Cust

8 Tevita Funa

9 Toafofoa Sipley

10 Abbas Miski

11 Corey Waddell

12 Martin Taupau (C)

13 Haumole Olakau’atu

14 Sean Keppie

15 Taniela Paseka

16 Zac Saddler

17 Reed Izzard

18 Dane Aukafolau
I'm pleased at the inclusion of Zac Saddler. It shows me that Des is impressed enough with him to give him a shot at pressing for First Grade later in the season. I believe he is a 'development' player so this could happen if we have a lot of injuries to our top 30 forwards, couldn't it?

I'm pleased at the inclusion of Zac Saddler. It shows me that Des is impressed enough with him to give him a shot at pressing for First Grade later in the season. I believe he is a 'development' player so this could happen if we have a lot of injuries to our top 30 forwards, couldn't it?
Correct. The guy has massive wraps on him and definitely one for the future. Alot of talk on here about schuster and the likes but this kid could be as good or better than any of them

There is no such thing as .... too many good forwards ...

Look forward to see Reed Izzard, son of Craig and nephew of Brad Izzard who pulled off a memorable shot on Benny "Dummy all day" Elias!!
Was rated highly as a youngster and lost his way, but back on track and could be a surprise packet....

as @Mark from Brisbane says, these 9's games are basically a run and giggle contest. BUT it's still good to see some of the fringe guys having a trot. What have we named ? 2 regular first graders in Kapow and Sandwich.
And Waddell.
I love the squad, so many with potential, I will try to watch our games just to get a glimpse of the youngsters. Possibly surprising that Aukafolu made it but Sam Smith didn't?
It's not a proper rugby league match but that's fine, should be fun to watch and hopefully less chance of injury than in a full on first grade standard trial.

Look forward to see Reed Izzard, son of Craig and nephew of Brad Izzard who pulled off a memorable shot on Benny "Dummy all day" Elias!!
Was rated highly as a youngster and lost his way, but back on track and could be a surprise packet....
Interesting too that he is said to cover 5/8, back row, and hooker. With him, Cus, Croker, Ipape, and Dockar-Clay all selected, we will get a quick glimpse of all the back-ups!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8