NRL 9's in 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Great side Des. Good solid, experienced, mobile forwards and some great speed out wide. Good to see Metcalf and Funa finally back on deck and getting a run. Ironically enough, its the defence which has won all of the recent Nine tournaments. so we should be good in that department. Interested specifically to see this young giant Zac Saddler play in this format. I understand Laurie Daley has selected him in the Indigenous side to play the Maoris in a couple of weeks time. Not a bad wrap for a young kid who has not yet played NRL!!!.

ps. my only disappointment is not seeing Shuster, Hoppy and Ben T not playing but will assume some good reasons for that.

That's a bit of a strange little team. I don't disagree with some small nimble creative halves and hookers, and some Large but mobile forwards who can just as easily run out wide in this format (ie aukafalou at centre). I just think DES overdone it, leaving the squad a bit short on outside backs with a lack of speed on the wings?

Funa must be moving to wing?

Here is the opposition sharing the same pool as Manly -
Here is the opposition sharing the same pool as Manly - The good news we don't face Brisbane as play Storm on Friday at 7.25pm and Cows on Saturday at 1.45pm

Brisbane look good and also Eels and Sharks from other pools...

POOL 4

BRONCOS

1. Jamayne Isaako 2. Tesi Niu 3. Herbie Farnworth 4. Izaia Perese 5. Xavier Coates 6. Anthony Milford 7 Brodie Croft 8. Tom Dearden 9. David Fifita 10. Alex Glenn 11. Payne Haas 12. Ethan Bullemor 13. Jake Turpin 14. Cory Paix 15. Thomas Flegler 16. Jesse Arthars 17. Ilikena Vudogo 18. Corey Parker

SEA EAGLES

1. Luke Metcalf 2. Edwin Ipape 3. Zach Dockar-Clay 4. Brendan Elliot 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Lachlan Croker 7. Cade Cust 8. Tevita Funa 9. Toafofoa Sipley 10. Abbas Miski 11. Corey Waddell 12. Martin Taupau (C) 13. Haumole Olakau’atu 14. Sean Keppie 15. Taniela Paseka 16. Zac Saddler 17. Reed Izzard 18. Dane Aukafolau

STORM

1 Nicho Hynes 2 Dean Ieremia 3 Brenko Lee 4 Marion Seve 5 Sandor Earl © 6 Cameron Munster 7 Cooper Johns 8 Tui Kamikamica © 9 Harry Grant 10 Tino Fa’asuamaleaui 11 Max King 12 Chris Lewis 13 Tom Eisenhuth 14 Trent Loiero 15 Justin Olam 16 Darryn Schonig 17 Siti Moceidreke 18 Judda Turahui

COWBOYS

Michael Bell, Jake Clifford, Scott Drinkwater, Mitch Dunn, Kyle Feldt, Jake Granville, Coen Hess, Peter Hola, Connelly Lemuelu, Esan Marsters, Josh McGuire, Tom Opacic, Reece Robson, Dan Russell, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Murray Taulagi, Jason Taumalolo, Shane Wright

Anyone know what times our games are?
10:30 pm Friday Game 9 and 4:45 pm Saturday Game 19 in Sydney as Perth is 3 hours behind :mad:

nrl-nines_draw-schedule_1920x1080-new.jpg

NRL Nines

It will be interesting to see which one of the halves takes control. I'm thinking this might be another opportune time for ZDC to shine.
I have a feeling Medcalf will get a real show to run things and Ipape will spend plenty at dummy half...with both feeding off 2nd phase from the big boppers to exploit "Up the guts"

The team with the quickest players on the field will have a field day

Speed Thrills and speed Kills

No one can tackle a player they cant catch

Speed-Kills.jpg

Interesting 9 ::s side for Manly , quite a bit of mobility in the middle with Marty , Haumole and Paseka . , Sipley and Keppie should be keen to rip in but of course need some effective ruck or particularly edge defence to be competitive also . Thought that Anderson may have been included , good opportunity for young Saddler to step up and have very little knowledge of Reed Izzard . No doubt Des will approach the week end games with some type of a game plan , admittedly a lot of ad lib footy as well but with a committed effort in defence , should be enough attacking ability for Manly to give a reasonable account of themselves .

Does anyone know anything about Reed Izzard? Great resume and pedigree so not sure how we landed him from Penrith. Re Aukafalou...seen this kid play for Blacktown and got to say plays well below his weight and size for mine. I think D-day for this kid this year. Could be awesome in the centres if he ever gets angry!!!

Should be plenty of more open space in a 9 "s format for a big and fairly mobile lad like Aukafalou to give some indication if he can go to another level with and without the football . Also playing with some more experienced players to maybe give some more opportunities but think that Haumole and Paseka in particular could go really well .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8