NRL 360 - The word of Kenty.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just don't think we reward lazy 'journalism' by acknowledging it as something insightful.

Hooper's criticism - as rightfully pointed out by @StuBoot - lacks the most basic levels of research into the stats that he apparently uses to hang DCE out to dry. So it ends up coming across like so much other Fox/Murdoch-sourced trash - Opinion.

Whoop dee doo. He is a Flog and so are most of those NRL 'Journos' associated with the game.

So in Hooper's 'Opinion' DCE is the cause and hence scapegoat - pair that with a degree of Queensland hatred already levelled at DCE for his backflip on Titans to stick with Manly and he gets his crack-fix of article clicks. Queenslanders saw that as him backflipping on QLD for NSW, creating a platform of DCE being a traitor to his own. On top of that not being not as influential as the Captains of seasons past (which are some seriously big shoes to fill for any player), he isn't seen as the great QLD hero they want.

Given he is eloquent beyond the understanding of the average QLD punter, he comes across as unrelatable and alien. If DCE spoke like 'Yeah, nah mate. Was heaps good, like, we did it for the boys, like, love playin with me mates. QUEENSLANDER!! F*#K YEAH' then maybe they could relate, but i'm exposing my Northern Beaches superiority complex a tad there.

DCE - as many have mentioned - isn't going to drag Qld to victory without a platform to launch off. The selections were baffling in places, but the QLD depth is atrocious at the moment. Every Qld NRL team is garbage this year, and in seasons past they filled most of the Qld Origin side (along with Melb). They played like strangers and they weren't up for it as a unit. DCE as the captain deserves some blame for that sure, but hanging him out to dry won't solve their problems - or quell the 'Origin is Dead' chatter (which it is every time Qld lose it seems....)
We’ll at least big Gordie was sticking up for him last night on the Matty Johns show. I think it’s as intelligent as Gordon’s sounded. Basically echoed what most have said here.

DCE will be playing origin 3. Not even Lockyer or Langer could have made a difference to the results in games 1 & 2 this year behind such a well beaten pack and the absence of strike out wide. There really is a absence of intelligence amongst the majority of our League journos and commentators. Queensland are in a hole and the positions on the ladder of the Queensland teams this year pretty well sums it up. A sacrificial lamb won't solve their problems for game 3. Hooper is a headline conjurer and the way that the journos turned on Williams from Canberra and now DCE is low and nasty. There was also a bloke named Munster who did less than DCE and he was being focused upon in the build up to origin 2 as the prodigal son. He did sweet FA and none of the bandwagon are calling for him to be dropped. Dumb.

Great decision if true.
Screenshot_20211205-102347_Instagram.jpg

It's the only show of hers I've seen consistently and I liked her on 360, better than Ikin, more humble a qld host and found her a better diffuser from some of Kenty's sprays

I don't mind Greg Alexander and I hope he can put up with kent's b/s.

Anyway the line:

"As fox executives think his debates with Paul Kent will be robust and make for great television..."

Should read"

"Once again fox nest featherers misread the room and think robust debates are employing one 'never was' guy screaming his head off thinking his word is law and he is always right."

- actually that's pretty much on point for fox.

It's the only show of hers I've seen consistently and I liked her on 360, better than Ikin, more humble a qld host and found her a better diffuser from some of Kenty's sprays

Wait, what??

She lost control of the discussion a lot of times. Kent, Rothfield and the other journos they had on there talked over her a lot. It was almost like some of them had the attitude of "Great, Ikin's gone so we can now control the narrative here". About the only ones who seemed respectful of her role as host were the ex-players like Tooves and Spudd

Honestly, a lot of the time the only times she got across as host was when the director was in her ear telling her they had to wrap up a segment and move on to the next.

I don't mind her all that much. But as 360 host ... sorry to say but she blew.

Last edited:
Wait, what??

She lost control of the discussion a lot of times. Kent, Rothfield and the other journos they had on there talked over her a lot. It was almost like some of them had the attitude of "Great, Ikin's gone so we can now control the narrative here". About the only ones who seemed respectful of her role as host were the ex-players like Tooves and Spudd

Honestly, a lot of the time the only times she got across as host was when the director was in her ear telling her they had to wrap up a segment and move on to the next.

I don't mind her all that much. But as 360 host ... sorry to say but she blew.

Ikin lost control of many arguments and debates and I didn’t think Yvonne over played or under played her hand.
I liked the moments when Kenty didn’t have as much to wind up about, Ikin would often tip him over the edge and I liked Yvonne’s way of diffusing him.
I don’t care if Ikin or Yvonne get moved on but yeh that’s the only show I watched featuring Yvonne and she was fine to me

Did she bother me? No
Did she speak over the guests? No
Will I be shattered if she’s replaced? No

Two NSW hosts is fine with me too..

Ikin lost control of many arguments and debates and I didn’t think Yvonne over played or under played her hand.
I liked the moments when Kenty didn’t have as much to wind up about, Ikin would often tip him over the edge and I liked Yvonne’s way of diffusing him.
I don’t care if Ikin or Yvonne get moved on but yeh that’s the only show I watched featuring Yvonne and she was fine to me

Did she bother me? No

Sorry but Sampson imo did not come close to Ikin as a host on that show.

Sorry but Sampson imo did not come close to Ikin as a host on that show.
Don’t be sorry Waz!
I don’t care haha
I have ZERO investment in Yvonne or any 360 hosts.
I’m moving from Mullumbimby to Spain in a week.
I don’t give a sh**
I’m glad I didn’t see issues with the hosts this year, sorry you did.
I hope we can both/ALL enjoy the next duo :p

The show really deteriorated and that only got worse this year, with men constantly talking over each other so even if I was interested in their opinions I couldn't hear them. It was some stupid alpha male fantasy where if you interrupt and talk louder you must have the dominant opinion. Obviously the producers thought this strategy would trick viewers into thinking the topic under discussion must be of vital importance, but for me it was a total backfire and they just looked like a bunch of two-year-olds. And it was clearly put on because I've seen those same people talk normally at other times. Fail! Good luck Brandy, you'll need it unless there's a total overhaul of the format.

Did she bother me? No

If its to be 1 NSW host and 1 Qld host, which would be ok by me how about replacing Kentee with someone from QLD that has a good football knowledge ... maybe Corey Parker or some other articulate ex footballer .... hmmm on second thoughts that could be difficult ...

• 😆
Reactions: R3
The show really deteriorated and that only got worse this year, with men constantly talking over each other so even if I was interested in their opinions I couldn't hear them. It was some stupid alpha male fantasy where if you interrupt and talk louder you must have the dominant opinion. Obviously the producers thought this strategy would trick viewers into thinking the topic under discussion must be of vital importance, but for me it was a total backfire and they just looked like a bunch of two-year-olds. And it was clearly put on because I've seen those same people talk normally at other times. Fail! Good luck Brandy, you'll need it unless there's a total overhaul of the format.
I got to the point where I stopped watching. I couldn't handle papa surf Kent carrying on like a pork chop and arguing intensely over minor things even when he was clearly wrong! A bit of arguing and tone is fine but he was WAY over the top!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8