NRL 360 - The word of Kenty.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
First time I have watched it for 3 years. Kent had it all over anasta over the knees. Anasta was even saying that what could Campbell do, he was left with no other option to stop the try. Kent had him at if you can't complete a legal tackle you can't resort to an illegal tackle. Anasta tried to justify what else can you do?

Completely disagree there, Anasta as the ex player was the only one displaying any common sense on the matter. There was nothing illegal about the tackle, he led in with his arms and got low to try and force the attacker over the sideline. The knee contact afterwards was unfortunate, similar to how it is unfortunate when a guy making a tackle falls down onto the attackers ankle when making a tackle and stuffs the runners ankle

If as a team mate and as a fan i saw a player stand there and make no effort to stop it, I’d be filthy. The argument from Kent was again ludicrous about being out of position meaning he has no right to try and stop the try

The winger dived very low and that made it very hard for Campbell to do much. He dived himself with an arm out. But the problem was he tucked his own knees in to protect himself, at the expense of the other guy.
If it was just a dive with his own body fully extended flat he would probably have caused far less or no damage to the winger.
But Campbell tucked his knees up to brace for the contact with the body of the attacker and that's why I agree with Kent on that one.

Completely disagree there, Anasta as the ex player was the only one displaying any common sense on the matter. There was nothing illegal about the tackle, he led in with his arms and got low to try and force the attacker over the sideline. The knee contact afterwards was unfortunate, similar to how it is unfortunate when a guy making a tackle falls down onto the attackers ankle when making a tackle and stuffs the runners ankle

If as a team mate and as a fan i saw a player stand there and make no effort to stop it, I’d be filthy. The argument from Kent was again ludicrous about being out of position meaning he has no right to try and stop the try
I'm not saying I agree with either of these two guys, what caught my attention was that for a period it was if a player can't make a legal tackle it's not ok to make an illegal tackle which Kent managed Anasta and had Anasta saying what can you do, you have to do it. Just mind games I know.

Not such a shock, I think it was the presser after the very first trial Des stated the game was very slow, too many stoppages, the NRL had previously changed it for the fans but fans won't be happy with this etc etc

Anyone just catch NRL 360? Kent just namedropped Manly and DES as a side in the ear of PLV about the slow down in play this year.
He made it very clear that tom hasn't played a good game this year because of the 6again rule change that used to suit Turbo down to a tee.

Des will be on the blower me thinks.

I still maintain that Tom was down in the first two rounds because our forwards were well beaten in both games and our play makers simply had no room to move. Plus both Penrith and the Chooks played to a game plan that shut him down.

It had nothing, or at best very little, to do with the rules of the game.

It is possible to stop Tom Trbojevic and still be within the rules.

I still maintain that Tom was down in the first two rounds because our forwards were well beaten in both games and our play makers simply had no room to move. Plus both Penrith and the Chooks played to a game plan that shut him down.

It had nothing, or at best very little, to do with the rules of the game.

It is possible to stop Tom Trbojevic and still be within the rules.
I have to disagree.

I think he's been injured all season with this knee and has been attempting to manage the injury hoping it would come good. Unfortunately its been agrivated and now requires surgery.

The speed of the game has been reduced a huge amount which is definitely changed the way we play.

Good to hear. I am glad that our coach has had his say, because normally HQ appear to listen only to Robinson, Bennett and Bellamy (you know, that guy from downunder - Melbourne).

If you were a conspiracy theorist, you might think that other clubs/coaches were worried that the rise of Turbo (and thus Manly - because a rising tide, aka Tom, lifts all boats) would propel Manly-Warringah back to the heights that say Robinson’s team have grabbed.

Last edited:
The game is slower this season without question. A combination of referees not policing the ten metres, allow the wrestle to once again dominate and a lot of wet weather has turned many game into a slogfest!

Manly like to play an up tempo style and that is on the back of playing on a dry track with lots of ball movement, quick play the balls etc.

One thing that really stands out when you watch the Whinging worms, the Drizzle and the Riff is their quality spines and the how they dominate the ruck on the back of great go forward.

Right now we have a deficit when it comes to these teams in the spine especially our hooker which is holding us back right now.

Manly have to learn to adapt and play a more measured percentage game especially in the wet. This is what is needed and like all games before you try to be expansive, you have to earn the right to do so!

The game is slower this season without question. A combination of referees not policing the ten metres, allow the wrestle to once again dominate and a lot of wet weather has turned many game into a slogfest!

Manly like to play an up tempo style and that is on the back of playing on a dry track with lots of ball movement, quick play the balls etc.

One thing that really stands out when you watch the Whinging worms, the Drizzle and the Riff is their quality spines and the how they dominate the ruck on the back of great go forward.

Right now we have a deficit when it comes to these teams in the spine especially our hooker which is holding us back right now.

Manly have to learn to adapt and play a more measured percentage game especially in the wet. This is what is needed and like all games before you try to be expansive, you have to earn the right to do so!

Manly need a dominant hooker who drives the tempo.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8