Non-Manly Games [Round 9, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Good lord Brian Kelly had a rubbish last 80 minutes. Old man Morris made him look like an amateur out there.

Not great stats for him tonight or for the year as yet, defensively.

Brian Kelly with 5 missed tackles tonight. He already had the most amount of missed tackles in the #NRL before tonight.

Not great stats for him tonight or for the year as yet, defensively.

Brian Kelly with 5 missed tackles tonight. He already had the most amount of missed tackles in the #NRL before tonight.
As a team 48 missed tackles to 11 for the Sharks. The score line flatters them.

As a team 48 missed tackles to 11 for the Sharks. The score line flatters them.
The sad thing is that they still win that game if they could build pressure... at no time during that game did the titans make cronulla defend their line for 3 or 4 sets... I thought ash taylor was the next big thing but he is proving to be a real disappointment...

I thought BK was one of our better players last year but results are what matters and Suli and parker have been great defensively this year so somebody made a good call...

I don't want to particularly bag the guy, though it probably sounds like I am. But every time I see Kelly play this year he looks like his game has gone backwards on the Gold Coast.

If he was still at Manly and played like he has been this year we'd be begging Des to drop him, if it hadn't happened already.

Just on another subject.....with James Roberts looking likely to miss out due to his poor form, what price an Origin recall for Josh Morris in the centres? He still has pace, definitely has the experience, and he's a smart enough defender if those around him are also doing their jobs. I wonder if Fittler is even considering it?

I don't want to particularly bag the guy, though it probably sounds like I am. But every time I see Kelly play this year he looks like his game has gone backwards on the Gold Coast.

If he was still at Manly and played like he has been this year we'd be begging Des to drop him, if it hadn't happened already.

Just on another subject.....with James Roberts looking likely to miss out due to his poor form, what price an Origin recall for Josh Morris in the centres? He still has pace, definitely has the experience, and he's a smart enough defender if those around him are also doing their jobs. I wonder if Fittler is even considering it?
He was never any good to begin with all he has is speed he cant defend and he always loses the ball.. always! The ginger ninja is a much better player

Based on our squad's improvement this year, I find it hard to believe that Kelly would not have improved significantly under Des and Donny, had he not asked for a release.

But unfortunately for him he made his own decision to go and it isn't working out for him at the moment.

Also, the Titans don't have a bad squad on paper but seem to lack leadership and discipline. I am not sold on their coach either.

He was never any good to begin with all he has is speed he cant defend and he always loses the ball.. always! The ginger ninja is a much better player

Are you talking about Brian Kelly having speed? Ummmmm....what speed? There was all this talk in the 2016 pre-season that Kelly was quick. It took less than 80 minutes in Round 1 against the Worms at Brookie to dispel that myth. At one point in that game he got put into the clear, 40 or 50 out, no one in front of him.....and from 10 metres back Semi Radradra had him before he'd gone 30 metres.

Brian Kelly isn't fast. He has a good sidestep and decent acceleration off the mark, but his top pace isn't fast at all. We saw that tonight when the Titans made a break and their 5/8 put in a kick for Anthony Don and Kelly to chase. Don and Josh Morris in particular left Kelly for dead, he simply couldn't keep up.

Based on our squad's improvement this year, I find it hard to believe that Kelly would not have improved significantly under Des and Donny, had he not asked for a release.

But unfortunately for him he made his own decision to go and it isn't working out for him at the moment.

Also, the Titans don't have a bad squad on paper but seem to lack leadership and discipline. I am not sold on their coach either.

I tend to agree with the first part. I do think his game play and fitness would definitely have improved under Des and Donny (remember that at the Tits, he has the same clown we had last year.....Ferris the Fraud).

But while he may have improved had he stayed at Manly, there has definitely been no improvement in his game since going to the Gold Coast. But it was his choice to be closer to home and family though.

I also agree that the Titans lack leadership, and about Brennan. He's only won 10 of the 33 games he's coached up there, that's just 30.3%.....even Peter not so Sharp won 37.6% of his games in the NRL (and 54-55% of his games in the Super League as coach of Hull FC).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10