NON Manly games [Round 8, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep I had long thought that Gutherson would have been a great 5/8 for us with Turbo thriving at the back

Hmmm....now let me see. Walks at 6 or Gutho at 6.

It's a tough one. On one hand Gutho has a great pass, takes on the line and, evidently, kicks them from all over the park. But Walks props and runs from one side of the ruck to the other before surrendering and has no short kicking game.

Let me think about it for a while.

Yep I had long thought that Gutherson would have been a great 5/8 for us with Turbo thriving at the back

Just those who have played 5/8 for us in first grade since the start of 2016 ...

In order of appearance (starts) - Dylan Walker, Pita Godinet, Jamie Lyon, Matthew Wright, Api Koroisau, Blake Green, Cam Cullen, Lachlan Croker, Trent Hodkinson, Tom Wright, Kane Elgey, Curtis Sironen and Cade Cust.

Strangely enough, Jackson Hastings never started a game in the halves for Manly. The one time he was named there against St Merge in Wollongong (2017), Barrett swapped him and Cam Cullen before the game and Hastings started at hooker. It was another bonehead move by Zoolander as Cullen had a shocker.

We've had 13 different starting 5/8's in that time with Walker and Green playing the most times in the #6.

Last edited:
Just those who have played 5/8 for us in first grade since the start of 2016 ...

In order of appearance (starts) - Dylan Walker, Pita Godinet, Jamie Lyon, Matthew Wright, Api Koroisau, Blake Green, Cam Cullen, Lachlan Croker, Trent Hodkinson, Tom Wright, Kane Elgey, Curtis Sironen and Cade Cust.

so sad... very similar to the story of Parra churning through so many halfbacks for no success

I’m confident that Tooves was behind having Guth, Turbo and Jake extended back in 2015 for what should have been another marvellous rebuild completed by now for the club

Unfortunately we couldn't keep both him and Turbo....because Scott Penn doesn't play golf.
The sad thing is, it should never have been an either/or situation. Gutherson could have played wing, five-eight or centre for us and still been effective. And he wasn't costing us much at all.

The way I remember it is we offloaded him (and others) in order to get Dylan Walker, who'd got himself in trouble at Souths and wasn't wanted. So Barrett or Bozo (or both) figured Walker would be our best option as a half. Now, Walker has done his best and tried hard for Manly since then, but I don't know that you'd say his time here has been entirely successful, or that we ended up with the better player.

Have to let it go, I guess. Wishing things were different doesn't change anything.

Hmmm....now let me see. Walks at 6 or Gutho at 6.

It's a tough one. On one hand Gutho has a great pass, takes on the line and, evidently, kicks them from all over the park. But Walks props and runs from one side of the ruck to the other before surrendering and has no short kicking game.

Let me think about it for a while.

Dylan Walker is talented, but I don't think we'll win a premiership with him at 5/8. Centre yes, but not in the halves.

The sad thing is, it should never have been an either/or situation. Gutherson could have played wing, five-eight or centre for us and still been effective. And he wasn't costing us much at all.

The way I remember it is we offloaded him (and others) in order to get Dylan Walker, who'd got himself in trouble at Souths and wasn't wanted. So Barrett or Bozo (or both) figured Walker would be our best option as a half. Now, Walker has done his best and tried hard for Manly since then, but I don't know that you'd say his time here has been entirely successful, or that we ended up with the better player.

Have to let it go, I guess. Wishing things were different doesn't change anything.

The really sad thing is that Gutherson was told by Zoolander before the 2016 season that he wouldn't be playing first grade that year and that he was free to shop around, thus he ended up at the Worms. From memory, with all the injuries we had that year with Snake, Killer and Skivy missing a lot of games, Gutho would have been the perfect utility back replacement. Instead we had to rely on journeymen like Matthew Wright, never will be's like Pita Godinet, or playing forwards like Tom Symonds in the backs instead.

He should never have been told he was free to leave, especially with Snake, Killer and Skivy all coming to the ends of their careers in 2016-17. At worst they should have kept him playing NSW Cup and then had him in the side full time from 2017.

I think Fulton played a big part in that decision.

Seems like more and more forum members are coming around to the notion that yes, we could have had both Hamstringevic and Clitho in the same team as was intended in April 2015. With the bonus that the latter could cover for the former during Tom’s regular injury breaks. Ciao.;)

Seems like more and more forum members are coming around to the notion that yes, we could have had both Hamstringevic and Clitho in the same team as was intended in April 2015. With the bonus that the latter could cover for the former during Tom’s regular injury breaks. Ciao.;)

That's true. That was before Bozo and Zoolander had their mid-2016 fallout.

Fulton also played a big part in playing Scott Fulton at hooker for a couple of seasons too.....who , now I think on it, also reminds me a lot of Levi.

Seems like more and more forum members are coming around to the notion that yes, we could have had both Hamstringevic and Clitho in the same team as was intended in April 2015. With the bonus that the latter could cover for the former during Tom’s regular injury breaks.

Wasn't Clitho coming off consecutive ACL reconstructions? Hardly good cover for anyone.

It was not long ago that Manlys match winning try was disallowed at Bankwest and King Gutho was playing against us . So much for King Gutho
It was not long ago when we beat the raiders with 6 of our key players out including King Gutho
So much for King Gutho .
It wont be long before we get our mojo back and King Gutho will be all forgeten again as usual when we have a another great win .
I wonder how many will bring up King Gutho when we beat the Knights this week

That's true. That was before Bozo and Zoolander had their mid-2016 fallout.

We had Gutherson, Taufua, Tom, Taufua, Lyon, Matai, Snake and DCE all contracted for 2016 at the time we signed Dylan (on $600k per season).

Bozo was credited as being responsible for all of our big name signings for 2016 (Walker, Taupau and Myles among others).

How Dylan Walker signing completed Bob Fulton’s incredible overhaul of Manly Sea Eagles

So, beggars belief that he didn't have a lot of input as to who got told to get lost (while under contract) to make way for them.

Actually, Scott Drinkwater is a Central Coast boy, ex Terrigal Shark I believe, so he’s a Blue.

Also, so how’s Sivo allowed to play, are we still suffering from greenturds, eyeballing/ best guessing/ favour certain teams bull****; isn’t he still on a sexual assault charge in Fiji? Why no automatic, no fault stand down? Or has he been cleared?
BLM

Just to put something into perspective, this is the win-loss record of each Manly 5/8 who have started in the position since the beginning of 2016.....

To keep it simple for this list, if a player started in the position and we won, they are credited with the win and so on if we lost. So for example, Dylan Walker is credited with the win over Canberra a fortnight ago despite Lachlan Croker playing 78 minutes of the game there after Walks broke his ankle. Croker isn't credited with a win or a loss for that game.

Dylan Walker: 39 games, 20-19
Blake Green: 24 games, 14-10
Lachlan Croker: 11 games, 4-7
Cade Cust: 7 games, 4-3
Jamie Lyon: 6 games, 3-3
Kane Elgey: 6 games, 3-3
Trent Hodkinson: 4 games, 0-4
Pita Godinet: 2 games, 0-2
Matthew Wright: 2 games, 0-2
Tom Wright: 2 games, 0-2
Api Koroisau: 1 game, 0-1
Cam Cullen: 1 game, 0-1
Curtis Sironen: 1 game, 0-1

That's a total of 106 games with 48 wins and 58 losses. Basically, 7 of the 13 pivots we've used since the beginning of 2016 never won a game when they started in the position, and only one of them (Siro) is still with the club. In fact, the only ones still with the club are Walker, Croker, Cust and Siro. And of the rest only Blake Green and Api Koroisau are still playing in the NRL.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4