Non-Manly Games [Round 16, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They will beat the chooks tonight.
:)
wooo, one of the only times I'll ever hope for a storm victory.

I just think that their mental toughness brought by their big three will progressively deteriorate after they leave like it did with us from the beginning of 2015 till the end of 2016

wooo, one of the only times I'll ever hope for a storm victory.

I just think that their mental toughness brought by their big three will progressively deteriorate after they leave like it did with us from the beginning of 2015 till the end of 2016

If Bellamy stays, they will be fine.

If Bellamy stays, they will be fine.
That's what I thought about us with Toovey. Bellamy couldn't win origin without smith, cronk and slater, perhaps he isn't as good as he seems

That's what I thought about us with Toovey. Bellamy couldn't win origin without smith, cronk and slater, perhaps he isn't as good as he seems

To be fair, Toovs is a "run hard, tackle hard" coach, straight out of 1995. He wasnt exactly a technical master.

Bellamy is a better coach than Toovs, imo. He makes plodders look like group 1 winners, probably with a lot of help from Smith tbh.

Maybe it is pure luck, and very early days, but Croft already looks better than half the current starting NRL halbacks, Smith Mk 2 looks the goods as well.....Munster I dont rate at 6 at all though.

Jeezus if the scum win this I think I've only got one right....
Bloke can't tip his hat !!!!

To be fair, Toovs is a "run hard, tackle hard" coach, straight out of 1995. He wasnt exactly a technical master.

Bellamy is a better coach than Toovs, imo. He makes plodders look like group 1 winners, probably with a lot of help from Smith tbh.

Maybe it is pure luck, and very early days, but Croft already looks better than half the current starting NRL halbacks, Smith Mk 2 looks the goods as well.....Munster I dont rate at 6 at all though.
Yes. However, smith Mk 2 is a completely different style of player to smith. Their whole game plan will need to change. The reason I argued that Bellamy might not be the coach some say he is is due to the fact that he has the big three in his side. It's either the players that come in have those three to make them look good or Bellamy is a truly good coach, I'm mixed and won't be sold unless the big three leave and his results continue.

As I often like to say, only time will tell

I know it's only half time but I really don't get all the Bellamy knockers. Storm without the big three and he has them playing brilliantly. He is a great coach. Sorry.

Yep the Storm are a scarily good team. They can be without stars and still get on top of the team running second. They will be really hard to beat this year.

I know it's only half time but I really don't get all the Bellamy knockers. Storm without the big three and he has them playing brilliantly. He is a great coach. Sorry.
Although it could just be the mentality? The sharks at the moment, would play without Maloney, Fifita, bird etc yet still have that grinding, tough mentality. Mentality takes a long time to rub off. Remember in 2015 when our manly mentality was still present in certain games where we beat some of the best sides in comp (example sharks who were fighting to be in top 4 in rd 26, 14-12 I believe, phenomenal mentality-based performance). Also we beat the storm at aami park that year

That's why I'll have to wait till Bellamy's side performs well consistently after the departure of the big three

Oh dear, before each of the three games today/tonight I thought about changing my tip to Cows, then Donkeys and then Purple Scum. Just had a feeling after looking through the team selections this morning that all todays favourites would fail.

The thing is I thought about it but did not actually do it......! Doh....!!

Yep the Storm are a scarily good team. They can be without stars and still get on top of the team running second. They will be really hard to beat this year.
And some idiot didn't put them in his 8!!
One of my best.

Although it could just be the mentality? The sharks at the moment, would play without Maloney, Fifita, bird etc yet still have that grinding, tough mentality. Mentality takes a long time to rub off. Remember in 2015 when our manly mentality was still present in certain games where we beat some of the best sides in comp (example sharks who were fighting to be in top 4 in rd 26, 14-12 I believe, phenomenal mentality-based performance). Also we beat the storm at aami park that year

That's why I'll have to wait till Bellamy's side performs well consistently after the departure of the big three

Its plain to see right now imo....rugby league is a simple game, and Bellamy can coach simple better than most.

No big 3 ???
Go simple. And the players deliver in spades, as you can see so far tonight and last time the 3 were out.

The roosters look very slow and unbothered tonight, hopefully they continue that form into the next few weeks and we'd be a huge change for top 4 finish. Although then again I should stop looking towards the future and (almost as if I were a coach/player) look into the present

If this isn't the biggest advertisement for match fixing in the NRL. Massive betting plunge on Rorters with Storm players all out and they fall over like this. As rigged as Origin 2 was this is.
Let's hope the favourites continue to fall over tomorrow.

Poor poor poor from Croft.
He will learn a lot from that butchered touchfinder.
He certainly paid a heavy price. Waiting to see the extent of the pain that mistake will inflict. :)

Oh, and anybody who doesn't rate having a class goal kicker in your team... give yourself an uppercut.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8