Non-Manly Games [Round 16, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well, that's 0 from 2 for me with my last minute changes.

I changed from the cowboys to penrith.

And it was so damn frustrating.

Penrith 4 in front....nq puts up a bomb.

I know...I will take a nq player out and not get penalised....they don't do it in origin and the rules are the same!

duh duh duh dribble

Oh gee....nq get the ball back so we'll give away penalty after penalty on our own line until nq score and hit the lead with 2mins to go

duh duh drool.

I mean....does every footy player get dropped on their heads at birth?

It's a real skill to be that ****ing galactically stupid.

*channels his inner joey johns*

Just....so....dumb. MORONS
I felt your pain as well :(

Raiders just aren't the same as last year.. There halves are crap this year I mean Austin was a gun last year now he is a passenger and Hodgson isn't half as effective as last year

Is it just me, or do qld teams get a hell og a lot of 50/50 calls go theit way? Broncos getting everything. Even the dumb Riff couldn't buy a penalty in the 2nd half against the cows
I've been thinking the exact same thing! And let's not forget Melbourne - still they are kinda relocated Qld anyway aren't they.

I'm liking how vulnerable the storm look without their big three. They are in for a dark few years after those three depart.

Two no try calls for the chooks in 7 minutes

I've been thinking the exact same thing! And let's not forget Melbourne - still they are kinda relocated Qld anyway aren't they.
The Penrith game got me terribly frustrated with the block play now seemingly illegal. That particular penalty was a real game changer. I swear if you'd watched Origin on Wed night you'd confidently say the block was a legitimate tactic ... not tonight for Panthers though. Refereeing inconsistencies are ruining a great game, but lawmakers have hardly helped. Too many rules are open to any number of possible interpretations in the heat of the moment. a) Momentum in a tackle has become pushing a stationary player back behind the line or into touch. B) Deciding whether a player had deliberately played at a ball going out is another terrible rule change. The old rule of last person to touch the ball was easy to judge - it works for soccer. C) The strip the ball rule is a lottery each and every game. As a famous Queenslander would ask if penalties went against her beloved state ... "please explain!"

I'm liking how vulnerable the storm look without their big three. They are in for a dark few years after those three depart.

Two no try calls for the chooks in 7 minutes

Im tipping that your statement re dark years for Melb without the big 3 will be proven entirely incorrect.

Im tipping that your statement re dark years for Melb without the big 3 will be proven entirely incorrect.
Ok, why's that?

Aubusson just strolled straight through some flimsy defence

Does Aubersson ever play a bad game?
He has been great for that club.

Ok, why's that?

Aubusson just strolled straight through some flimsy defence

The big 3 arent stopping that 1 on 1 missed tackle. Blame the fool winger for playing at the ball.

Granted Smith will be impossible to replace, but I believe Slater and Cronk are entirely replaceable, especially by guys already in their system.

The big 3 arent stopping that 1 on 1 missed tackle. Blame the fool winger for playing at the ball.

Granted Smith will be impossible to replace, but I believe Slater and Cronk are entirely replaceable, especially by guys already in their system.
Yes agree that slater is definitely replaceable as he is good although only really for attacking flair, they won't have anyone nearly as good as Cronk and smith for a long time. Perhaps there are replacements for them, although there is a very very small chance that these replacements will be anywhere near their level.

I reckon it will be very similar to when our legends retired and started leaving towards the end of 2014. They may get some OK replacements although in no way good enough to keep them in top 4 contention

Yes agree that slater is definitely replaceable, they won't have anyone nearly as good as Cronk and smith for a long time. Perhaps there are replacements for them, although there is a very very small chance that these replacements will be anywhere near their level.

I reckon it will be very similar to when our legends retired and started leaving towards the end of 2014. They may get some OK replacements although in no way good enough to keep them in top 4 contention

Fair enough comments, but you did originally say "dark years for Melb"....
If missing the top 4 is dark years then I agree.

I personally would consider dark years to be Newcastle and Tigers current standards, and Melb are not plumbing those depths anytime soon.

Some great retention from the tigers letting atta boy - carr go....
Real good move.

Fair enough comments, but you did originally say "dark years for Melb"....
If missing the top 4 is dark years then I agree.

I personally would consider dark years to be Newcastle and Tigers current standards, and Melb are plumbing those depths anytime soon.
Oh yes, dark years does sound well.. dark. I was meaning to say as in how we went in 2015/2016. Top 8 should be a challenge without them

Let's hope they can knock off the chooks tonight so we can stand more of a chance for top 4

That run by Addo-Carr intercept was probably the fastest anyone has run at the Adelaide Oval since they held the Bay-Sheffield (Adelaide's version of the Stawell Gift) there 20 years ago.

Looks like they got a good crowd there tonight :) Knowing the ground it looks like they have cracked at least 20,000.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8